Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NET Thread

Poop is such a PITA during pregnancy. I imagine the pain you were feeling was poop related since it's gone after having pooped. I'm surprised the decaf coffee did the trick for you, but glad all the same.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yeah, it's completely gone. My constipation issues are the one constant in this pregnancy so far (that and the fatigue).
    Jen (33), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Yeah, it's like a small victory when a #2 happens these days, isn't it? ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

6 weeks today! Yay hoping to see a healthy baby at our u/s Tuesday morning!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Jen...I would think it's round ligament pain, it can start early on and be one-sided. Sometimes it's worse when your bladder or bowels are full because it puts more pressure on the pelvic structures .

Jessie... woohooo, happy 6wks!!!!!!! Praying for a perfect u/s on Tuesday !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I went to my parallel care appt with the hospital midwife....just as FYI..in our state (one of only 6 that do this) homebirth midwives are not permitted to work independently. Its a huge hassle because very few docs want to risk their license backing a homebirth midwife. And docs that do gave to carry extra liability insurance.there are a ton of unlicensed midwives performing honebirths. But only a handful of licensed midwives in the whole state. Its a huge hassle for birth rights. Because you have to have a perfect birth and all factors just right for you to have a licensed homebirth. Otherwise you go underground with national but not state licensed cpm or a lay midwife or unassisted and hope for the best.....

Well we are using a licensed midwife. So I have to be seen by a few times this pregnancy by the office that backs my midwife.I'm nervouse because I'm just waiting for some small minor thing to opt me out. Uggg.anyway the appt went good. Just blood work and the basic lecture about eating good and staying active. Also signed the homebirth form basically indemnifying the office of the birth. And was lectured about that its not "ideal" in their opinion to birth at home. But all in all went well. Already gained three pound with this one. Its probably because i have been using carbs to keep nausea down. I declined all genetic screening. Will have routine 20 week us. Next appt may 5th.

Wow, that does sound like quite a hassle. I hope that the doctor's office stays chill. It's really annoying when you can't find a positive partner for your choices, i.e. "we'll help you, but we think you're making a bad decision."
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Wow, that does sound like quite a hassle. I hope that the doctor's office stays chill. It's really annoying when you can't find a positive partner for your choices, i.e. "we'll help you, but we think you're making a bad decision."
    Yes it's a huge hassle. With my second we used a CPM for the homebirth. But that was a few years ago when the state was a little less restrictive and cpms practiced openly with the ability to even schedule labs and us. There has been a few things happen in a few years but basically since bills have been brought forward to allow cnms to work independently the state has at the same time has criminalized cpms and been on a witchhunt for cpms or lay midwives. So they work deep underground and if you use them you basically have to do the whole birth without any medical screening. I feel that's just a little to risky. I want another homebirth but not without proper screening and prenatal care. and a lot of ob offices refuse prenatal care if you homebirth. My only other option is to drive two hours across the state boarder to the birth center that my prior midwife now works at. But my last birth was fast and I'm scared to deliver on the highway. I wish this state really valued women's choice in birth. So far it looks OK for me to have this birth at hone but it won't be without a fight.

Brenda...praying everything goes perfectly with your pg and you're able to birth at home with your midwives .

Tomorrow is my first OB appt....wish me luck!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Good luck Lizzy! I'm counting down the hours until my u/s Tuesday morning!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Good luck!! It's going to be great!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Sorry to break into the net but I counldn't find individual update post for Lizzy and Jessie. Ummmm do you ladies have them? How am I to stalk you? Just thinking of you both. Lizzy hope to your appointment goes well. Jessie can't wait to see your u/s.

Thinking of you today Lizzy...praying for a great appt !!!

Jessie...cannot wait to hear how your u/s goes tomorrow !!!!!!

Grrrrrr, I am STILL in limbo. I went in for my HCG levels Thursday and Saturday. The doctor told me he'd call me Saturday with the results. I knew he would not, because like the moron he is, he didn't order them STAT. So, it's Monday. I called at 8:30 and left a message that I wanted to results (because you can't get a live person when asking for results; you leave a voice mail and they call you back within 24 BUSINESS hours - which could be up to 3 days later!). So, still waiting on the call. Still don't know anything. Still have pregnancy symptoms. Ugh ugh ugh.

On a different, slightly odd note, my DD told me and my husband she was sad last night. I said, "Why are you sad?" She said, "Because I wanted to play with the twins and one's not going to work out."

Say what!? I didn't even know she knew what twins were. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. I don't know if she has some sort of weird 6th sense, or if she just overhead something on TV or at day care. Thought that was pretty incredible though. There was no indication of twins on the 2-second U/S I got, but weird, nonetheless...

2/09 6/09 4/14

To Automommy: I don't have an individual thread that I am aware of. My ob appointment went good. They are gonna have me back in 3 weeks, and I have to do the glucose tolerance test....I have a strong family history of diabetes....so oh what fun.
    They tried to hear my little one by doppler, but couldn't so they did an ultrasound where the saw the heartbeat, but didn't give me an exact range.
    On the plus side, I will hopefully get to find out boy/girl on my bday...June 6th....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Quote Originally Posted by auntmommy View Post
    Sorry to break into the net but I counldn't find individual update post for Lizzy and Jessie. Ummmm do you ladies have them? How am I to stalk you? Just thinking of you both. Lizzy hope to your appointment goes well. Jessie can't wait to see your u/s.
    I'll be doing an update thread if we have a good u/s tomorrow! Fingers crossed

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Jessie!!!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Lizzy, so glad you got to see the heartbeat. Hope glucose testing goes well. You could create a thread so I can stalk you more easily

Jessie, can't wait til tomorrow.

Erica

Not having a great day I'm spotting and really crampy. I'm hopeful for the best but fear the worst

On top of that someone put my phone # on craigslist saying I need friends and to call me

On top of that my boss (the district manager who oversees 10 stores) is on vaca and I'm in charge and of course it seems like everyone at every store needs me!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Oh Jessie, I'll say prayers for you. I'm so sorry your under so much stress. Is there anyone else that could help you at work? I don't know what to say about the craiglist situation other than shut off your phone. I'm here for you!
    Erica

When is the extra energy supposed to kick in? I can't for the life of me sit still today.....and have way way way productive today in just about everything except my homework......NOT complaining.....just wondering if this gonna fade tomorrow, or should I try and take advantage of it while I can?

What extra energy?

Are you referring to the recovery phase of the 2nd trimester where you aren't as exhausted as you were during the 1st?

Other than nesting, which I never got, I know of know period of great energy during pregnancy. This is a long and often boring ride.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Jess !! I'm so sorry you're going through all of this . I've had some intense periods of cramping this pg and some spotting but so far baby is doing fine...it can be totally normal, but it's always crazy nerve-wracking ! I've read that spotting and cramping in the 1st tri is actually really really common with twins...praying praying praying for you and your babies . Did you call your OB? Please kup !

Lizzy...I actually have a lot of energy in the morning and that's when I get everything done so I can veg in the afternoon/evening . I typically turn a corner around 10-12wks and start to feel great consistantly. Maybe I'm abnormal, lol, but I usually have tons of energy in the 2nd and 3rd tri...even pp I tend to bounce back quickly.

I'm laughing at my dinner

I've never used this brand of lasagna noodle, Ronzoni oven ready type. I thought cool I'll skip the boiling noodle step. So the directions said to use 3 strips per layer, no touching sides or each other to allow expansion during cooking......ummmmm, they didn't expand and my lasagna has divots in it

I feel good today! I'm really just trying to relax and not focus on the lack of symptoms. At 5.4w most women would love to have 0000000 zero symptoms. I was prescribed progesterone with my 3 full terms so I'm just taking it as this will work! I'm healthy, eat great, walk 30-45 mins a day, take prenatals, folic acid and b12. Not sure what else I can do. just enjoy
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

If it makes you feel any better, I had zero symptoms with DS. Never even had sleeplessness or swelling at the end. If he hadn't been doing rolls in my stomach all the time, I doubt I would have known I was pregnant. Haha!
    Jen (33), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

If you guys don't hear from me in a while....it is because I am in jail for murdering my husband.......

Thanks for thinking of me Kelly and Erica the spotting is only brown now, only when I wipe and in the morning/early afternoon. My RE said only to be concerned if it's bright red. I have a follow up u/s next week and I'm praying everything is progressing well with the babies! I still can't believe it's twins!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    If you guys don't hear from me in a while....it is because I am in jail for murdering my husband.......
    Hmmmmmm
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Uh, oh. What did your husband do?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13