Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NET Thread

I got my thyroid meds and I hope the increase doesn't kill me !!! I've just never had my meds increased this much before and I've never been on such a high dose.

I'm currently on:
    112.5mcg/d Tues, Thurs, Sat, & Sun
    150mcg/d Mon, Wed, Fri

Now I'm on:
    150mcg/d M-F
    200mcg/d Sat & Sun
    My former endo used to increase my dose by 37.5mcg/*week*, then retest in 6wks. This is an increase of 250mcg/wk

I'm just going to go with it for now and if I develop hyperT symptoms I'll reduce the dose. I'm glad they're at least on top of it and I sure won't be *under*medicated .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Ug I'm in the super nauseated phase too. I feel more nauseous this pregnancy then the last two. Its all I can do to make lunch for my two boys...I can't seem to remember any remidies that help....is it ginger?

Ginger is what I give my patients for nausea when I do balance testing (I keep ginger Altoids handy). I've also heard increasing B-vitamins helps...
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Pants:
    My RE suggested unison tablets (not the gel tabs) 1/2 tab in the morning and afternoon and 1 tab at bedtime and with that take B6 tab three times a day.

Kelly, what were your levels, do you know? Mine were about middle of the road in December and now they are way closer to the low end of "normal." I wonder if I should bring that up as a concern. I'm not currently on any thyroid meds, though I have a strong family history of hypothyroidism (hashimoto's thyroiditis) and basically have that diagnosis solely based on family history and slightly enlarged thyroid. Should I only be concerned if my levels are lower than "normal." I keep putting that in quotes because my Mom's levels were always within "normal" limits, while her thyroid basically detonated.

12/16/13 TSH was 2.170 uIU/mL
    3/4/14 TSH was 0.793 uIU/mL

I shot an email to my thyroid doc to see their thoughts. I wonder if they'll want my TSH monitored during the pregnacy, even though I'm not on meds. Looking on the site it appears my diagnosis is "Nontoxic uninodular goiter." Nice, just what every girl wants!!
    Last edited by khadijavye; 03-10-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas...My TSH was 2.16 in January which my RE felt was fine at the time. The lab ranges change for pg though (these are quest diagnostic's lab ranges for pg):

First Trimester 0.26-2.66 mIU/L
    Second Trimester 0.55-2.73 mIU/L
    Third Trimester 0.43-2.91 mIU/L

My TSH was always in range also prior to starting meds...3.98 was the highest it ever got, but since then it has been as low as 0.01 and as high as 10. I was diagnosed with hashi's based on family history, symptoms including an enlarged thyroid, and significantly elevated antibody levels.

I would want my TSH, FT4, and FT3 levels monitored 1x/trimester as well as 3 and 6months pp if I were in your shoes. Your levels seem fine for now, but with you and your family's history I'd want to play it safe.

Keep me posted on what your dr says!

Eta...I tend to feel best when my TSH is at the low end of the range (about 0.5-1.0). My former endo never seemed worried about it being at the lower end, but she always adjusted my meds if it was over 2.0. So in my experience, I wouldn't be concerned unless I was symptomatic (hot, jittery, anxious, heart palpitations, diarrhea, weight loss, and/or weakness) or if it was out of range low. Since you're not on meds, your FT4 and FT3 values may be helpful too.
    Last edited by kellyowens; 03-10-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks for all of the excellent info, Kelly! I feel much better now.

I went back and looked at my TSH from August and it was 0.655, so it would seem I fluctuate a lot ... which seems normal?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas...It is actually normal when not on meds for the TSH to fluctuate within the range, but I would be concerned with any number over 3.0 and would want it watched carefully to make sure it's not climbing (in the presence of symptoms I'd request antibody testing) .

Afm...ack, I have to get a new debit card ! My bank sent a letter that there was a merchant security issue and now I have to replace my card and pin number which means I now have to change all of my online settings at websites that require a verified debit card like paypal, ebay, amazon, etc...and there are *a lot* of online stores included in that "etc..." because I get all of my home school curricula and resources online and do most of my Christmas shopping online, ugh ! Oh well...I'm thankful that there aren't any purchases I can't account for...it could be worse for sure (I had to cancel my debit card once because someone was using my paypal account to make itunes purchases...of all things ...had to change my username/password with paypal also) !!!

Anyone have plans this month? Nothing here...although my SIL may be getting a baby this week so we may head that direction to get some snuggles in (he was born on Friday) . My SIL's cousin has 6 kids including the baby now. 5 of them live with their grandparents and the grandparents said they cannot take on another so they asked my SIL if she would take the baby when he's born and she said yes. The mom wants to keep the baby but has no residence...the sw said she at least has to go to a motel with the baby until she can make more permanent arrangements but she has no money and her parents can't afford a motel. She and the baby are being released today so if the mom still doesn't have a place to go the baby will go to my SIL and the mom will go to a women's shelter. It's heartbreaking, but she's had her entire pg to work this out and she hasn't...I hope eventually she'll be able to get her life on track and get her kiddos back, but until then, I'm glad they're being loved and well-cared for .

I cannot believe it, but we are expecting another winter storm today !!! It was almost 50 and sunny yesterday...today, we are expecting blizzard-like conditions with zero visibility at times and up to 6in of accumulation by tomorrow afternoon...crazy weather ! At least this time of year, we know it won't last !!!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    Pants:
    My RE suggested unison tablets (not the gel tabs) 1/2 tab in the morning and afternoon and 1 tab at bedtime and with that take B6 tab three times a day.
    Thanks. I'm sure my b6 is low. It was before pregnancy too. I should take some b6 but I can't even seem to stomach pills right now. I'm going to try. I'll ask my midwife about unison. Thanks.

Brenda

Brenda...maybe try crushing it and putting it in juice??

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Brenda...maybe try crushing it and putting it in juice??
    Good idea. im going to try that for lunch. Thanks everyone.

Brenda

So I picked up some chewable b complex gummy vitamins from whole foods today. For some reason I don't mind the gummy does. Hope they help :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    So I picked up some chewable b complex gummy vitamins from whole foods today. For some reason I don't mind the gummy does. Hope they help :-)
    Yaay for gummy vits (even my teen kiddos love the gummies ) I hope they help! I feel like b-complex makes a big difference for me overall .

Afm...I spend all day with a little worry in the back of my mind because I have no symptoms, then afternoon hits, lol, and I'm *exhausted* !!! I keep reminding myself too that I'm not even 5wks yet and generally, if I'm going to have symptoms, they hit at 5-6wks. I'm usually bfing in early pg also and sore nips is usually my first symptom, but I'm not bfing so that's not there to "reassure" me .

Ha, I haven't decided yet if knowing what's going on via repeat betas and early u/s or not knowing is actually better !! I think overall though I'm feeling more relaxed without the early u/s and continuation of betas...at least for now . It's all the anticipation between betas and u/s that gets me wound up...makes the days seem endless sometimes. I like having the information, but not all the anxiety between .

Jessie (JessieBee)...thinking of you and praying you get good beta results tomorrow !!

Really, don't kill us in California Kelly but we still have a week left of winter and we are 80 and sunny with a lovely breeze! 90 on Saturday for Preston's bday party so easy-ups are coming out, lol!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Thanks Kelly!!!

Brittany...lolol, I told dh that people in Cali are wearing shorts and he actually paused for a moment like he was considering a move as a possibility !!

Afm...oh.my.word. ...I don't know if it's the vax I had or pg or both, but I can barely keep my eyes open today!!! Ugh and my arm is killing me (pneumococcal) so I didn't sleep very well either. I'm glad the sun is shining and it's almost 50, lol, or I might cry .

I'm also nauseous...couldn't finish my breakfast ! Again, no idea if it's pg, vax, or lack of sleep, but staying in bed sounds good today .

2wks until my u/s, woohoooo !!!

This is my first pregnancy, so with each and every twinge I wonder....is this normal?
    Today I have had some weird back discomfort, like I can't get comfortable. My lower abdomen feels kind of sore...like I had been holding my urine in forever, and then went....kind of that weird feeling like your bladder just realizes that it isn't full anymore.....
    No spotting, the discomfort really isn't that bad....just curious if anyone else has this same feelings?
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

This is my first pregnancy, so with each and every twinge I wonder....is this normal?
    Today I have had some weird back discomfort, like I can't get comfortable. My lower abdomen feels kind of sore...like I had been holding my urine in forever, and then went....kind of that weird feeling like your bladder just realizes that it isn't full anymore.....
    No spotting, the discomfort really isn't that bad....just curious if anyone else has this same feelings?
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Lizzy...for me, that feeling usually means I should get checked for a uti . It may just be growing and stretching, but sure wouldn't hurt to let the dr know. Unless there's pain or blood in your urine I would think it'd be fine to wait until Monday, but just my opinion .

Afm...It appears the nurse may have hit a small blood vessel when she gave me the pneumococcal vax and now I have phlebitis/superficial thrombophlebitis ! I went to urgent care today with my 2 youngest kiddos (ear infections) and had them look at my arm because I have severe pain between tylenol doses and it has an odd rash around the injection site. They said to take benadryl, prescribed Norco for pain (have not slept hardly at all the last two nights because of the pain ), and said to follow up with my dr on Monday.

The Norco is really helping, so hopefully after a good night's sleep and a couple doses of benadryl it will look and feel much better tomorrow .

Wow, I slept spectacularly after taking the benadryl and Norco! My arm looks and feels much better today too, but has a few new sore areas. I took another dose of benadryl this morning...oh my word, soooo loopy ...hopefully the rash will resolve quickly so I won't have to keep taking it !

Ugh, anyone remember earlier when I posted about needing to get a new debit card because of a merchant security issue (it was Target btw) and I thought we had no charges unaccounted for? Well, I was wrong ...we have at least $30 of online charges we didn't make within the last few days...still looking back on our financial records to make sure there are no more. It could be worse for sure, but part of the problem is it's not the card I already replaced so now I have to go and replace my other debit card...I didn't get a letter about that one so our bank may not even know yet .

Ha, and on our way to the pharmacy after our urgent care visit yesterday we hit a huge pot-hole (my 16y/o ds was driving since I couldn't because of my arm). It totally flattened our front passenger side tire and ruined the rim/hubcap. The driver's side rim is bent too from dd hitting a pot-hole the other day...oy, this winter has been crazy hard on our already not-so-great MI roads (the pot-holes are hard to avoid because of other traffic...just no way to get over or slow down in time)! LOL, although we were able to drive on the tire/rim just long enough to get to the McD's parking lot, so while we waited for dh to pick us up we had dinner...overall, it wasn't a terrible experience . I'm thankful too because it was an hour and a half wait at the pharmacy!

I have to go grocery shopping today...feeling like old Mother Hubbard, lol, our cupboards are certainly looking bare! I just have to wait for this benadryl to wear off a little...either ds or dd will drive under the circumstances (sooo nice having other drivers in the house) .

How is everyone doing? Anybody do anything for St. Patty's this weekend or doing anything special tomorrow?

We have no plans, but we'll probably do a craft or something related and buy clover-shaped sugar cookies for fun. Two of my kiddos need vax and I have to follow up with my dr, so a craft and cookies will be something to look forward to .

Holy exhaustion! I am SOOOO tired today. I have really had to push myself to get stuff done. I have gotten stuff done, but man it has been hard.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas... I always felt the fatigue hit the hardest from 6wks to 10wks. Hopefully in a couple weeks you'll start turning a corner and see the 2nd tri light at the end of the dark 1st tri tunnel . I'm glad you were able to get some things done in spite of it !!

Afm...I seriously need to back away from Pinterest, lol, I haven't pinned hardly anything for fear I may actually start more than I can finish , but I'm so in the mood for home improvement/redeco projects, spring cleaning, shopping for spring/summer clothes, and getting my hair cut/color refreshed!! I'm making a list this week of things that need to be done, although I probably won't be able to start on some of it until the second tri when I actually have some energy .

Really hoping to do more exterior work and landscaping this spring/summer too. We moved here 2yrs ago and have really done nothing with it. I got a Spring Hill catalog in the mail and it has flower garden plans. We used their plans about 5yrs ago at our house up north and it was worth every penny! The gardens are *gorgeous*!! It's a little more challenging here because we have mostly shade...just going to have to get creative (good thing I love hostas ).

HAPPY SPRING ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One week until your ultrasound Kelly!!!!

I feel like I have some symptoms coming on. Boobs are starting to get more sore, still really tired. Also my hair seems a little bit more curly? 11 days until my ultrasound!!!

25 more hours until my next ultrasound...........

Lizzy, !!!! Not long now !

Jessie, yaay for symptoms ...with my last baby my hair got wavy, so crazy because my hair has always been really straight !

Afm, still just waiting for my u/s and hoping for the best! I think whatever fluid leaked out when the cyst ruptured is starting to resolve...not as much irritation today.

Dh left this afternoon for an out of town work trip and won't be back until Wednesday . I'm glad he'll be home by my u/s...he's not coming with me, but I'll need his support afterwards whether it's happy tears or sad ones. Hoping for a date night Friday or Saturday .

I'm looking forward to this week though...going to pass the time by getting my hair done and doing some clothes shopping with my older kiddos (my 16y/o ds is especially fun to shop with, lol, he's getting his hair done when I go too) .

I'm getting this cut: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23...b9f327f4b3.jpg ...not sure what I'm doing with my color yet, but it needs something.

I have my first OB appt on Friday too! Still haven't decided if I'm going to have an ultrasound yet, but after talking to my friend who is a former L&D nurse, it sounds like it would be pretty unusual to get a heartbeat on a Doppler at 10 weeks, so I think I'm going to have to have the ultrasound. So nervous again!

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Sorry in advance if this is TMI but I need advice. I woke up with a sharp, stabbing pain near my right ovary last night. It throbbed for a few minutes and then went away. It happened a few more times but not as long. I felt better when I got up and started walking around this morning, but became very aware of that spot when I sat in my car to go to work. I also noticed it again sitting at my desk at work. Seems to go away when I'm standing. I'm having no spotting or cramping, so I figured it wasn't related to the pregnancy. Then it dawned on me that I haven't had a bowel movement in a couple of days. So I drank some decaf coffee this am to get things moving along. Ended up having a bowel movement and it went away. Haven't had it since. Any reason I should be concerned? Should I use the pain as an excuse to see my OB sooner now that they cancelled my appointment on Friday and can't see me until 12 weeks? Thoughts?

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Hmmm I think if anything seemed off to me I would go in. Better to make sure than figure out there's something wrong later? Plus an added bonus is you get the u/s

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013