Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NET Thread

Hybrid View

Default NET Thread

Talk about anything you want in here, great for pregnancy venting/frustration, or joys, if you don't want to start a new thread for every single thing. Haha!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

I finally announced today to everyone! The word is out! And it's such a relief... LOL
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Yay, Jessie! So glad you feel good about your announcement! I'll probably be announcing around 3/4 after my appointment.

Holy cow, I am SUPER tired today. I was wondering when the fatigue was going to hit me. Hello fatigue! So far my strongest symptom has been the sore boobs. So yay to more symptoms. I go in tomorrow for repeat progesterone and hCG labs. I will likely do weekly progesterone labs throughout the 1st trimester, but tomorrow should be the last hCG. My first beta was last Wednesday and it was 123. I imagine tomorrow should be in the 800-1000 range ... but math was never my strong suit. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Just found out my SIL is having a girl! This will be my first time as an aunt so I'm excited. She is due in July
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Had my blood work done at 8:30 this morning and now I'm anxiously awaiting the results.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

So...one of my coworkers point blank asked me if I was pregnant yesterday. She knew we were trying but last she heard we were getting ready to start IVF. I'm not going to lie to her, so I shut her office door and told her that I was early pregnant and we weren't announcing yet because it's still early yet. She pointed at my stomach and said she was wondering. Seriously? I'm only 5 weeks. I know I'm bloated a bit and am having a fun time with acne but geez. BTW, this woman is known for not having much of a filter.

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Wow! Well maybe you are glowing already
    My mother is growing suspicious even though shes out of the loop...she and my kids chat each day on skype and ive been sick he past few days with all day sick..i want to tell her but its too early...and im not sure if its really morning sickness or a horrible stomach bug...
    I had a horrible dream last night i misscarried and held my itty rice sized baby in my hands..been struggling all day to hold it together....i can not wait for a drs appt and some clarity..and hope

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Yeah, I look like I have a baby belly, but that's just because I'm overweight and comforted myself with food last year after my m/c.

It's so rude for people to ask. I don't ask someone if they're pregnant until it's painfully obvious ... and even then I sometimes ask someone else first. ;)

Ali, I'm sorry about your horrible dream.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Found this adds a little humor to my obsessing and worrying hehe
    http://alphamom.com/pregnancy-calendar-overview/

Found this adds a little humor to my obsessing and worrying hehe
    http://alphamom.com/pregnancy-calendar-overview/

Thanks Ali, that link is great!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Last edited by elle77; 02-20-2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: double post

DH and I told our parents and siblings and have started talking to DD about it. She said some pretty funny things: "I have a baby growing in my womb too, and so does Frida (our dog)!" "I'm going to have 5 babies, and Frida is going to have 5 babies and we are giving them all nursies."

She is also insistent on a baby sister.

But the whole family is very excited and I had my first doc appointment today and everything looks great. In a couple of weeks I will have an exam and then schedule the first ultrasound. I can already tell this is going to go fast!

I keep feeling like my blood sugar is low. I haven't had much of an appetite for anything....that's probably the reason . I will be fine, then all of a sudden i start feeling light headed and shaky and dizzy. Then have to run to the kitchen and stuff down a biscuit, cookie, juice or whatever is closest to me! Anyone else have this?
    Me(31)&DH(35). Married-2005
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I keep feeling like my blood sugar is low. I haven't had much of an appetite for anything....that's probably the reason . I will be fine, then all of a sudden i start feeling light headed and shaky and dizzy. Then have to run to the kitchen and stuff down a biscuit, cookie, juice or whatever is closest to me! Anyone else have this?
    My blood sugar has been outta control for weeks now, i get shakey or even wake up completely jittery and weak, ate a half pan of brownies this afternoon but thats not the right thing to do either.....but yes my sugars are all over hoping baby is ok

I've been trying to eat healthy since I had GD with DS. I know I need to start off on the right foot to give myself the best chance of not getting it again. But, today for lunch, I HAD to have Chick-fil-A. And not the healthy grilled stuff...the fried stuff. It tasted so good but I know I'm going to regret it very soon :/
    Last edited by GatorGRITS; 02-21-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Jen, the fried Chick-fil-a won't have much impact on the GD or your glucose levels. ;) Now the waffle fries on the other hand ... ;)

I had GD with DS2 so I've already modified my diet and added in all those requisite snacks. I wonder if they'll even bother with having me take the tests ... I'm hoping I can just get some new test strips for my meter and call it a day. ;)

I am, however, really jonesing for the new Krispy Kreme donut ... I have been good ALL WEEK since I found out about it. I may just have to treat myself to 1 (which is a reasonable treat) this weekend. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dup post.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I had nothing but salad last night (big one though). This morning, I had a green smoothie with kale and for lunch I'm having Brussels sprouts and chicken. I've noticed I've mostly been wanting greens like kale, spinach, Brussels sprouts, etc... maybe there is hope I won't end up with GD this time!

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

That's awesome that you're craving all that green stuff!! ;). Don't forget, though, that you do need to eat carbs. You can swing too far in the no carb direction and cause issues as well.

Hence why I'm eating pizza tonight! Thin crust though so it isn't too bad on the carb scale! My sweet tooth is pretty much gone though...

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Can you come remove my sweet tooth?!? ;).

I am not really craving anything but just wanting to eat all. the. time.

I only gained 17 lbs with my last pregnancy, I'm not sure why. I'm not a small person but I'm not big either, I think I just carried the weight small for some reason. But I hope this pregnancy is the same way because it sure feels good to not be as worried about weight gain and have an excuse to eat a little more food.

We are traveling to the east coast this March and I am so sad I can't eat seafood this trip! Oh well, its for a good reason. And next time I'll be able to have all I want.

I am not really craving anything but just wanting to eat all. the. time.

I only gained 17 lbs with my last pregnancy, I'm not sure why. I'm not a small person but I'm not big either, I think I just carried the weight small for some reason. But I hope this pregnancy is the same way because it sure feels good to not be as worried about weight gain and have an excuse to eat a little more food.

We are traveling to the east coast this March and I am so sad I can't eat seafood this trip! Oh well, its for a good reason. And next time I'll be able to have all I want.

I'm in the wanting-to-eat-constantly group . I get full quickly though and find it hard to eat *and* drink enough....no m/s, so I can't complain . I've only had m/s during 2pgs...I never threw up, I just felt so nauseated and dizzy I didn't want to move, lol, even breathing made me queasy !

I've never been due in the fall before (well, other than m/c)...looking forward to spending my pg mostly outdoors !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Ha, I figured, lol, the lab never faxed my results to my RE...was wondering why I hadn't heard from them yet . Apparently the lab *mailed* my results, lol, who does that anymore ?? Anyway, I got it worked out and the lab faxed all 3 betas at the same time so I should be hearing from them after the nurse reviews them with the dr. Usually they call if they don't get my betas...not sure why they didn't this time .

Oh and I didn't say anything yesterday in case it was a fluke, but NO SPOTTING at all since Saturday, woot !!

I'm also reeeeally tired today so maybe my body is finally getting the memo, helllloooooo, you're *preggo* ! My other symptoms are come and go, but again, totally normal for me .

I'm getting a flu and a pneumococcal shot on Thursday...my dr wants me to have them because I have asthma and being pg increases my risk of complications with those viruses. I may request my TSH be tested again (it's been 6wks)...just feeling crazy cold and a bit achy lately and want to make sure it's not my thyroid.

How is everyone handling the time change? So far so good here...not fond of the dark mornings, but enjoying it being light out until 7pm or later . I'm really looking forward to spring...been such a long, cold winter and it'll be nice to get outside for regular walks again.

i'm in the barely want to eat group! mostly just snacking and forcing myself to eat something. i'm way more nauseous this time around and my boobs hurt ridiculously bad.

any suggestions for some healthy quick and easy snacks? i've been doing hummus and carrots, small salads, etc.

dp.

Hayley...I love celery with almond butter, lol, I actually love everything with almond butter !!! String cheese is another stand by .

I'm a big fruit person. Fruit is the only thing that makes me feel better when I'm nauseous. I've been eating fresh mandarin oranges like crazy.

Lost a loved baby 9/2012