Thread: Breast Feeding after Breast Reduction

Hybrid View

Default Breast Feeding after Breast Reduction

So curious if there are any Mother's out there dealing with getting a good supply of breastmilk or attempting to breast feed if they have ever had breast reductions.......I have had 2 and breast fed both DD and DS but found it VERY stressful and VERY hard......Now with DS #2 I am struggling again and was curious if anyone is going through this ?

Sorry you're having a tough time, just want to offer support!

Blog Entries

My cousin had a breast reduction and tried very hard to breastfeed her first and gave up since even with all that work she didn't produce nearly enough milk. She did not try with her second.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Yeah its def not easy!! I am pumping after each feed and weighing baby with a scale to see how many mls he's getting.....He's tiny so need to supplement with my breast milk after each feed a few ounces......DEF NEED SUPPORT so I'm happy I have a good community here<3 My LC told me that it only takes one breast to feed a baby so I am working my A%^&&*SS off with my right breast as it seems to have more breast milk then my left.....

I don't have experience with a breast reduction, but I do have experience with struggling to breastfeed and I know how hard it is to struggle. Hang in there Suzy! You are an awesome mama, working so hard for baby Hudson!
    Jennifer