Thread: wwyd question

Default wwyd question

would switching my nearly 2 yr old dd to cloth training pants help with an itchy diaper band problem

i have tried 2 different disposable diapers and for the most part dd still feels the need to scratch her lower back where the diaper touches and on her outer hip where the outer edge of the diaper rests.
    she will scratch herself bloody if not wearing clothing that prevents her from getting to the bare skin. i don't want to invest in all cloth diapers seeing as i will most likely be starting training soon. but i do not want dd to scratch herself bloody.

i would most likely be making my own training pants so if you know of a good pattern or tutorial to follow that would help. and what kind of material would be best so that its waterproof and whats good for absorbing liquids?
    i am new to this problem.. ds never has an issue with any diapers. and dd is getting to the point that no matter what i dress her in she manages to take it off... even onesies.

DIY cloth training pants

This design looks like panties but has the absorbency of diapers (maybe a little less, since that's the point).

The other designs I've seen look more like soakers that you put over diapers to keep them from leaking. Like these.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

that one looks simple enough... but would it keep a mess in?
    and is a cloth diaper the answer for her itchyness?
    i wish she were ready to start training now... but she has not really shown signs of readiness so i need the diaper to contain a mess as well as be easy for training
    (my ds trained himself when he was about 2 yrs and 2 months. ) i don't want to make something that she may not be able to use.

Unfortunately I don't have those answers! Maybe if the cloth is soft it won't bother her, so she won't scratch?
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!