Thread: question about vanishing twin

Default question about vanishing twin

Hi ,
    I am newly pregnant with twins. They both are measuring the exact same and twin A had a hb of 133 and twin b 130. I did the worst thing ever and started googling. What are the chances of vanishing twin after hearing both heartbeats?

I don't know the answer but good luck. How far along are you? I worried about this too until my ultrasound at 12 weeks.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I don't know either, but I was also worried. I think they know more about it now because of early ultrasounds. Good luck to you, and congratulations on your twins!

I had a vanishing twin with my daughter and at 6w there was a HB and at 7w there was not and baby A still had a HB. Congrats!!
    Mother to seven flying, called home too soon.

I think the chances are about the same as a miscarriage in general. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyHopes View Post
    I think the chances are about the same as a miscarriage in general. Good luck!
    I agree with the above.

I had a vanishing twin between 6.5-7.5 weeks. We never saw the hb on both before the twin vanished. We saw two sacs and two yolk sacs at 6.5 weeks, but only one sac with fetal pole and hb at 7.5 weeks. I hope all goes perfectly for you!
    ~Andrea~