Thread: Is dh in the clear?

Default Is dh in the clear?

Dd2 got the flu first. Then dh. Now ds. I'm terrified that our 4wk old will get it so no one has come into contact with her for days. How long do we need to avoid contact? Dd2 started symptoms 4 days ago. Dh 3 days ago. Ds just got sick yesterday. Dd2 and dh feel better. Seems like body aches and fever, but it's gone now. I'm just afraid of leaving the house by myself (grocery run) and having dh care for baby. Is he okay to care for her? Or best to avoid still?

Lol I just reread. I'm the only one caring for her, but have to do mommy duties too so Ive been in contact with my sick ones too.

I'd probably take the baby with me... I would probably dedicate him to taking care of the sick kids and you the baby.
    Katie~
    DD1 (7) DD2 (4) DS1 (22 months) Baby #4 EDD 7/13/14

Quote Originally Posted by caligirl07 View Post
    I'd probably take the baby with me... I would probably dedicate him to taking care of the sick kids and you the baby.
    I agree maybe for a couple more days.

Blog Entries

Last year my brother had the flu for 4 days before I became symptomatic. My mom became ill four+ days after me (that time period is pretty hazy for me) and we aren't sure from whom she caught it. I would also have your DH be the caretaker as long as he is well enough to do so and take the baby with you. I do hope that you haven't caught it.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Blog Entries

I'd take the baby too. A newborn will most likely sleep the entire time anyway!

I'm sorry you are dealing with this! As soon as I got home from the hospital with DS my DD2 got sick. Then DD1, and then me. I was terrified DS would catch it too even though it was just a cold, but he was so young, just days old! Fortunately he did not. Are you bf? That's all I can think of that saved us. That and the insane amount of times I washed my hands during that time.

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

I would bring the baby with you if you have to go out. I had Flu A right after Christmas, and it was awful! I really hope that you and baby don't get it.

I'd guess you have already gone by now, but i would take the baby. Have DH take care of the sickies and keep the baby away from them as much as possible.

Dh ended up feeling better the next day. Thankfully, we decided to wait anyway. I stayed with the baby and he went to the store. I don't wanna speak too soon, but so far so good. Please pray my baby doesn't get sick

Babies at times have much better immunity than adults due to lingering mommy antibodies and if breastfed - even more antibodies for them! Hope she doesn't catch the sickies!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Well, I'm sick Praying to God Adylie doesn't get it. She was coughing last night and a little today, but nothing else. Please please please send your prayers.

Blog Entries

Praying.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

are you talking gastro-intestinal illness are actual influenza?

Jenny~ Mama to Katelyn(7), Ben(my angel in Heaven, 6), Megan(5), Allie(2years), Nora(8m)