Thread: Is anyone listening?

Hybrid View

Exclamation Is anyone listening?

Hey, out there! I am a relatively new mom of a beautiful 1-year-old baby boy. After seeing some pictures of myself over Christmas, I realized I needed to seriously commit to weight loss. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks, signed up for myfitnesspal.com, committed so much to a workout that I went out and bought a treadmill (which is used 5 times a week for 75 minutes per session). Even after all of this, I am still not actually losing weight and am finding myself really discouraged. I do NOT do diet cheats, so I am baffled as to what is going on with me. I need to lose at least 30 pounds before April, since we are trying for our second then. Any suggestions?!?! Please help.

It might take some more time have you done measurements of yourself 3 weeks ago? Maybe have you've lost inches vs weight?
    *** Lindsay ***

Quote Originally Posted by MTmom View Post
    Hey, out there! I am a relatively new mom of a beautiful 1-year-old baby boy. After seeing some pictures of myself over Christmas, I realized I needed to seriously commit to weight loss. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks, signed up for myfitnesspal.com, committed so much to a workout that I went out and bought a treadmill (which is used 5 times a week for 75 minutes per session). Even after all of this, I am still not actually losing weight and am finding myself really discouraged. I do NOT do diet cheats, so I am baffled as to what is going on with me. I need to lose at least 30 pounds before April, since we are trying for our second then. Any suggestions?!?! Please help.
    It's not a lot of time. You didn't gain the wait in 3 weeks, so it will take some time to go back down again. Also, be sure that you're setting reasonable goals for yourself. Losing 30 pounds in 8 weeks is *extremely* aggressive, and you're less likely to be successful if you're going on a super low calorie diet.

Can you post exactly what you are eating in a day?
    Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!

Losing 30 pounds in 8 weeks, that needs a lot of effort. I suggest you to seek for a professional advice.

Hang in there, it takes time. Eating healthy and exercise are best for you. Also, our bodies don't always go back to our pre-pregnancy size some things just change.