Thread: Male factor

Default Male factor

After TTC for a year with PCOS and finally ovulating naturally on a semi-regular basis, we are devastated with another blow. My husband'a semen analysis came back very poor. Low count, severely compromised morphology and motility. On a fertility scale of 0-14 he was told he ranked 1. This is so hard to hear after my issues finally start to get better.
    Has anyone had any success with acupuncture or other alternative treatment for male infertility?

Sorry to hear your new development.

Walnuts are great for sperm health, there have been actual scientific studies on it. About 6 oz a day will improve morphology and motility. Not sure about count though.

So sorry that you're having to deal with something else in your journey to conceive. My DH had low motility--he took some vitamin the doctor recommended and altered his diet slightly. More greens, less junk. I can't remember the name of the vitamin off-hand. I'll have to see if he does when he gets home.

We ended up having success with IUI. It took the 3rd one, though. The first 2 were IUI alone and the 3rd, we added Clomid to give him more targets to hit. That was the one that resulted in our DD.
    Last edited by lucysmom; 01-25-2014 at 12:12 PM.
    Lucy(our dog-9)Me (32)DH(34)-sperm count normal, low motility:IUI#3 with Clomid 2011---!=DD (2) Praying for all of the APA ladies!

I'm so sorry you got tough news !

I have no experience with mfi but I have ordered supplements from the naturalfertilityshop.com for myself and they do have supps for men too: https://www.naturalfertilityshop.com...les.asp?ID=178

I know some men take clomid but I'm not sure what issue it helps with specifically.

Thinking of you and praying you can overcome this obstacle and move on to a hh9m ♥.

Please keep us posted and feel free to join us in ttc...stc isn't as active .

I'm sorry, I know how much that bad news hurts. We had to go the donor route...we are so thankful to have our babies, how they came about doesn't matter a bit. Good luck!

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Quote Originally Posted by TripMomma View Post
    I'm sorry, I know how much that bad news hurts. We had to go the donor route...we are so thankful to have our babies, how they came about doesn't matter a bit. Good luck!
    Well said. We went donor route too.