Thread: Should I complain?

Default Should I complain?

Was wondering if you guys could give me your opinion? I had a Frozen Embryo Transfer last week (Wednesday) and from all the tests I have taken, I am pretty sure it failed. I had a pretty stressful transfer day and can't help but wonder if this didn't contribute to this not succeeding. I was told to be there by 1:30 with a very full bladder for transfer and I wasn't called back until 2:15 and by this point, I could barely walk.

The doctor tried inserting the catheter and couldn't seem to find my uterus and acted irritated that my bladder was in the way. After he tried re-inserting the catheter several times and the nurse pressing on my very full belly, he announced that oh I had a retroverted uterus. In order to have IVF at my clinic, you must have a mock embryo transfer in which your Dr. is able to insert that catheter and practice the procedure so he or she knows where exactly your uterus is located and to write notes for other doctors if mine isn't on call so this made me mad because what was the mock transfer for if he didn't read the notes and he also told me that since I have a retroverted uterus, it would have worked better on an emptier bladder. After unsuccesfully trying a few times, he told me to cover myself up and walk out into the waiting area (where the bathroom was) and to relieve myself but for only 10 seconds as I still needed some urine in my bladder...talk about a trick!!! By the time I made my way back to the room, I was completely stressed out and he finally was able to find my uterus but quickly inserted the embryos and it was over.

My bloodwork was great and my lining was over 15 and both embryos were excellent quality and one was starting to hatch (which is really good). Am I just being sour or do I have a reason to be mad? I should have said something sooner but I was trying to be zen and not worry this week.

Ugh, Mary...I am so very very very sorry to hear this ! I would probably say something...that was just so badly handled and very unprofessional to tell you to cover yourself and walk through the waiting room to use the restroom ...seriously?!?) !

All the conditions were perfect for a successful FET and they created a very stressful situation ...feeling so frustrated for you !!!

Thanks, Kelly! I don't go back in until Tuesday for bloodwork and I am going to talk to my nurse when I go in. I have two frozen embryos left and I plan on trying again because we didn't want to leave any frozen embryos. Gonna have to save $$ though as this is all self-pay. I feel like I got knocked down but I am up again and keep hearing Katy Perry's lyrics to Roar in my head!!

Hope you are doing well. Did you have your bloodwork yet? Praying for great numbers!!

I am so sorry that happened. I think you should definitely say something. At the least, they will hopefully be more in tune to your situation and give you better attention. And you never know. A friend of mine had some problems with her IVF treatment - like they ordered the wrong blood tests and failed to instruct them on some crucial steps along the way that interfered with the cycle. They ended up getting to do another cycle for half price as a result.

I'm so sorry you had to go through all that and I would say something to the office. I hope they are understanding and that you have good news tomorrow. Good Luck.

Thanks guys. It was negative...ugh! My Dr. called me on Saturday and apologized and I am going to have a consult with him to see what/if we can do next time as I have two more frozen embryos. I don't have fertility coverage so I think we will have to wait a few months for our tax return to help pay for this final try.

I am so sad for you Mary ! I feel like they should give you a reduced fee for your next FET...still irritated with how unprofessionally they treated you ! I'm just so sorry !!

!!!

Thinking of you through the next few weeks...I know you had hoped for different news for the holidays !

YES. I would complain....but that is just me.
    Lizzy.

I hope that your tests comes back a BFP and that it was all worth it. Good luck to you.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids