Thread: Where do your twins fall on Growth Charts

Default Where do your twins fall on Growth Charts

My twin boys were born at 33 weeks and were 3#8 oz and 4#7 oz. They've always been low on the growth chart and now they are around the 1% mark. They will be 3 in two weeks and are still around 25-27 pounds. Now that they are potty trained their 18-24 month pants fall off their tiny butts. They seem to eat a lot.... Last year my Dr gave me a little grief about how small they are but we don't know how to get them any bigger. We started giving them a lot of Greek yogurt and they love peanut butter and cheese. We've also stuck with 2% milk and add in Chocolate or Strawberry mix for some extra calories. Have your twins stayed on the small side?
    Becky

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

My twins were both small for a while, although not quite as small as yours. I remember having trouble finding underwear small enough to fit them when they were potty trained. Eventually my daughter started growing but my son stayed on the small side. My daughter is now 90-something percentile in height and 50th for weight, and my son is several inches shorter than she is. I kept them on whole milk and then 2% milk for longer than is typically recommended, and also gave my son chocolate pudding for dessert some nights when he was getting to the 3-5th percentile for a while.

My younger (singleton) son is 98th percentile for height, so it does seem like genetically our children are supposed to be on the taller side, which makes it seem even more unusual that our older (twin) son has been in the lower percentiles. However, he has been gradually creeping up and now in 1st grade he is 30th percentile for height/weight and is not the smallest child by any means. Our daughter has been one of the tallest girls in her class for a few years now.

Thanks! It's good to know there's still hope that they won't be itty bittys forever!
    Becky

My triplets were 31 weeks 2 day, 3.12 , 3.15 and 3.7#'s. By 6 weeks they were 6lbs (they were in the NICU for a month.) By three months they were in the 80th-95th % for their adjusted age. They have been up there ever since...stopped adjusting them at 9 months because they were up there without it.

Our 4th baby, who is a singleton, on the other hand has been so small compared to how the trio grew. He just turned 3 and 24 month stuff can still fall off him. It is pretty funny. Just goes to show every kiddo is different...and that is not usually something to be concerned about.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

My twin girls were born at 32 weeks 5 days. They were 4 lbs 10 oz and 4 lbs 12 oz. They are now 2 years and 8 months. Megan has never been above 4% for weight and was briefly under 1%. Emma was at 40% at their 2 year appt. right now Megan is about 24 lbs and Emma is about 29 lbs. They were at 6% and 8% for height at their two year appt. Megan can wear 12-18 month pants except they are too short. It is hard to find pants that stay on. Emma wears 2t and can even keep up some 3t but she is not potty trained yet. Megan is trained. My 7 month old is 19.5 lbs so a big difference on size. He is 95% for weight.

My pediatrician told us to keep Megan on whole milk. Emma is on 1%.

My twin were born at 31w 3d @ 3lb 13oz each. They will be 2 in May and are both about 50% for height and weight at the last check up, although I'm sure their weight % will go up at their 2 year appointment, because they have gained about 3 pounds in the last month and are up to 25 lbs now. They are much bigger at this age then my other 2 kids were, but I think that has to do with the fact that they eat SO much better then my older two did at this age.

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com

My twins were born at 37w5d. They're 2yo now. We just had their 2yr check up and my boy is 53rd percentile for height and 17th for weight. My girl is 69th for height and 12th for weight.

They're a lot skinnier than my singleton was. By the time he was 2, he had leveled out at basically 50th percentile for weight and height.