Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :(((((((((((((((((((

Default :(((((((((((((((((((

Well i called the doctors office today to find out my results from Tuesdays blood Test and I was told that it shows i am not pregnant I took two tests tonight and they both were negative
    so here i am with yet another miscarriage this time i am going to find out why i am miscarrying. This time around i was 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant today and i was worried about the bleeding i was having and as soon as i started having bleeding this week i knew that i would miscarry Probably this upcoming week as soon as i saw the bleeding was not going away that it was staying the same i knew i was having another miscarriage.I hope and pray that i pass the fetus at the doctors office so i can have them run tests on it. I do not know how to fill or what to think Except Rest in piece baby Letts You will be forever missed. I am Not ever testing again until i am a month late
    Last edited by Elarra; 01-03-2014 at 10:32 PM.

I hope you get some answers.

Me too i am soo saddened by this second miscarriage it makes me fil broken. i have an appointment on the 7th it was supposted ot be to confirm my pregnancy but now it is for them to verify yet another miscarriage and this time i hope i pass the fetus and that at the doctors office so they can Test it right away i just want this miscarriage ot be over with i am ready ot be a mom and not a person who ends up having miscarriages each time.

I'm so sorry! I hope you can get some answers!
    Jennifer

Im so sorry!

Miraculously I am still pregnant the bleeding is gone never came out on a pad i looked at the same tests this morning and they both have color in the lines so i will retest on monday morning

Praying for good news at your appt on the 7th .

Did you get 2 blood tests done 48hrs apart or did they just do one blood test?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

They did the 2 that was 48 hours apart
    i call monday to find out the results of the second one

I hope you get good news. Will be thinking about you!

the bleeding is starting again i wish this thing would make up it's mind

...being in limbo is tough .

Yes it is if this is a second miscarriage than it best continue instead of stopping if it does this in tuesday i am going to request soemthing be done about it I just am so sadden that every time i get pregnant I end up miscarrying it is getting old real fast once i know what is really going on I can relax and take it day by and i am wondering if a d&c would be easier to get this miscarriage over with sooner

Still hoping for good news , but if not, really praying your body lets go and heals on its own

Their willingness to do a d&c will depend on your bleeding, how far along you are, and your betas. Generally, it is only done if bleeding is prolonged (more than 6wks) or heavy (soaking more than one maxi pad front to back, side to side, top to bottom in an hour), if you have signs of infection (fever, foul-smelling discharge/bleeding), if you are greater than 6wks and a gestational sac is visible on u/s, or if your betas continue to be elevated (more than 6wks).

If you find out Monday that your second beta was very low then your body may be doing an adequate job of taking care of itself and you could do a month of birth control to bring the bleeding under control for a fresh start.

I know facing all of this is so hard...recurrent losses are heartbreaking and not knowing why is so frustrating . I think you should see a reproductive endocrinologist (RE) asap instead of an OB so you can get some answers and effective solutions .

Thanks there is no re's in our town

Quote Originally Posted by Elarra View Post
    Thanks there is no re's in our town
    I here you...they are few and far between . I drive almost an hour to my RE and it's a stretch, especially this time of year in MI with the bad weather.

Is your OB looking into anything at this point? A clotting or immune issue? Genetics? Hormone testing? Have you considered taking progesterone after ovulation and low-dose aspirin?

I'm just so sorry you've had to go through all of this and if your OB isn't taking initiative you either need to get a different OB or start pushing for the testing/treatments.

Let me know if you'd like me to give you a list of the typical tests for recurrent pg loss...I've been through the gamut and would be happy to share if it helps .

I would love al lthe help i could get and i am going to make an appointment wiht the gyno/ob to see if he is willing to test for things ect

I am sorry you are going through this. You may try calling several different OB/GYNs if there are no RE's available. I used to have an OB/GYN who specialized in infertility. They could do a lot of the procedures and tests that an RE would do (they did IUIs but not IVFs). You may be able to find someone like that.

Bloodwork:

• Karyotyping (genetic testing) for you and your SO
    • Complete Blood Count w/ white blood cell diff- to check on general health
    • Thyroid panel- including antibodies
    • Adrenal panel
    • Metabolic panel
    • Coagulation panel (blood clotting disorders)...here's a link to everything a clotting panel should include (I'd print it out for the dr): http://www.questdiagnostics.com/test...nt_Miscarriage
    • Cycle day 3 hormone testing which needs to be done on the 3rd day of bright red bleeding after your period starts:
    • LH (repeat this test on cycle day 9 or 10 also)
    • FSH
    • Estradiol
    • Prolactin
    • Testosterone

• Anti-Mullerian hormone (AMH)- ovarian function test
    • Cycle day 21 progesterone testing
    • STD testing- gonorrhea and chlamydia specifically

Other testing:
    • Hysterosalpinogram (HSG)- checks uterine cavity and fallopian tubes for all types of abnormalities
    • Alternatives to the above test are hysteroscopy (HS) and saline sonogram (SIS) but they have slightly different benefits/limitations...it will likely depend on your dr's preference

It looks like a lot, and it is, but it may turn up some answers for you . The only test on this list I have not had done (and most of them I've had done more than once) is the HSG and SIS.
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-04-2014 at 06:50 PM.

are any of these done through cat scan?

The HSG is done with ct scan.

For get the cat scan i hate the filling you get with those,the pain and the stinging and the hurt and the nausea that is a side effect icky
    Last edited by Elarra; 01-04-2014 at 06:23 PM.

The dye is injected directly into the uterus and fallopian tubes so you shouldn't feel anything other than some slight cramping from the tube they insert...no personal experience though, just what I've read online and heard from others . If it still doesn't appeal to you, you can opt for the hysteroscopy (saline and a scope) or saline sonogram (SIS) (saline and ultrasound).
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-04-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Oh i see i thought they put the dye through your veins like they do when you have an ivy in your arm and need a ct.
    also i am thinking i need to be at least 165 pounds instead of 229 pounds to stay pregnant and not miscarry
    Last edited by Elarra; 01-04-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Being a healthy weight is important for lots of reasons but don't give up hope of a sticky bean while setting and working towards healthy weight loss goals . Maybe talk with your pcp about seeing a dietician so you can get yourself to the healthiest you without having to put ttc on hold.

Hoping and praying Elarra !!!

I am confused the bleeding i had stopped the only thing that was visible was a few brown spots last night and some light pink spotting this morning. also when i cooked my fiance's Breakfast of sausage and egg sandwich it made me fill so nauseated that i wanted to puke i also woke up Nauseated. I am still craving weird things like Cheetos's dipped in pudding etc. If i am supposed to be miscarrying than why do i still fill pregnant

Hopefully things are still progressing normally .

It is common for pg symptoms to linger after a loss though. The elevated hcg and progesterone levels that cause symptoms take time to drop.

Praying for good news this week for you

I can't wait til tomorrow so i can find out the Results of my blood test from Thursday.
    I am wondering if they got my results and another patients File mixed up
    Last edited by Elarra; 01-05-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Thinking of you today!!! Hoping for good news !

Any news ?

I called the dr office yesterday got transferred to their phone nurse and it gave me the voice mail and so i am going to ask today what my results for thursday were. The Slight bleeding i had has been gone since yesterday after noon. what is going on i will find htat out today