Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sabrina/Swissgirl updates

How exciting! In your case I hope then the baby doesn't come before July! !!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Everything looked good at the appt yesterday. Elina just dropped a little bit so I don't have to worry about going in to labor and delivery every second. I'm measuring still right on time but...... my midwife changes jobs! So I have to change to someone else again and this for my last five weeks. I don't like the thought of it. I've seen the other midwife at the practice for the first trimester and didn't like her at all, so I'm alternating between all the gynecologists for the last five weeks. It's probably a good thing as one of them will be in the room for delivery anyway but I would have prefered to see my midwife a little longer as she knows me best. Well, I try to stay calm as I can't change things anyway.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Glad Elina is going well! Sorry to hear about your midwife thought, that would not make me too happy.

Oh what a bummer about the midwife! Hope you find someone you like!

Oh man, that is really awful timing. I'm sorry. I hope you find someone that you like.

36 weeks
    and everything lookes fine. I had no contractions yesterday even though I did laundry, was vacuuming and took a walk to the grocery store. I struggled some with my bs on Monday but yesterdays and todays values were fine again. It probably was the stress from Sunday. The walk to the store was a little far too. Seems as if Elina stayed low, I will know more tomorrow after my appt. I was looking on my last date to l&d and realised it was May, 2. So if it we go on like this we will go to l&d June, 30 the next time and I'm perfectly fine with that Hope our been agrees with my plan.

Yay to 36! Right there with you! Mine has been low for a while which is strange to me as I always carry high. Looking for ward to hearing more from your appointment!

I had a good appt yesterday. The doctor I saw was up to date with my chart except of the Sunday trip to the hospital. But the computer system in the hospital was down on Sunday so she probably didn't get the information because the hospital staff didn't have the time to update all that happened. As I've seen the other doctor participating in the group I'm with on Sunday (was okay too) and the third when I was diagnosed with gd (was not up to date with my chart then, but looked it up and made good decisions, but was very stressed) so I decided to stick with the one I just saw untill giving birth. She didn't do additional tests as I was examined on Sunday and she was fine with my bs values and all the progress so far. I hope that everything slowes down now, I need some additional time to get some freezer meals together, read some informations about the first weeks after the baby is born and do the last sewing/curtain project for our little cottage so that I have privacy for breastfeeding

Glad to hear you had a good appointment! !! Fx she stays in as long as you need her to.

Back from my 37 week appt. Everything looked good again. Elinas head seems to be really low as my doctor checked for her head twice and then asked if I had contractions since last week. I hadn't noticed anything. And I will get another u/s on Monday. They obviously check the size of babies with mothers with gd if they go fullterm. I didn't know this and I'm very curious to hear the newest updates on the size. Hopefully she isn't too big, that would scare me

Happy 37 weeks! It is not necessary she is too big so try not to worry yourself. Hugs

Thanks Varya for the reassurance. I know that she does not have to be too big but I can't stop to worry either insane, but that's how it seems to be if I'm pregnant.
    Today I had to get my (used) car from the dealer - again. We saw it almost two months and went for a test drive. During the drive a service light came on. The dealer checked it and told us it would not be a big deal (just buy ethanol free gas once and the sensor would be fine again) and he would fix the car for us if that didn't work. So we bought it because everything else was just as we wanted. Of course the easy fix didn't work so I brought the car in for the replacement of the sensor. First he told me it was a two hour job, then he needed four days. When I went to pick up the car the service light was still flashing so he read it out again and told me he would order this part too. He would give me a call as soon as he has the part. Didn't hear anything at all, so I called. He was out of town and promised to call last week, didnt' call again, so I called again on Monday. He said he has time on Thursday, so I brought in the car and he called me two hours later, that I can pick up the car as he has ordered the part online and it wouldn't arrive till Monday. Ehhhhhm, I was at home (went there by bus) because I assumed he already had ordered that part. So he told me he would fix the car next Tuesday as the part comes in Monday. I have the u/s on Monday, will drive those 30 min again on Tuesday and have the appt with the ob on Wednesday. I feel like running after some rainbows right now. I'm exhausted and tired even if I don't have to run for things. I can't belive how things work here on Maui it's just not the way I'm used to

Awww, I am so familiar with this situation! Not car per se but people making you run in circles. I hope you get the car at least when he promised this time!!!
    And now I can't stop picturing a unicorn running for rainbows (thanks, Natalie and Sabrina Lol) mostly because I have to watch My Little Pony every single day lol

I actually had thought of that fairy tale of a irish leprechaun chasing after the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow but I like the picture of a unicorn running for rainbows even more. Do you have that fairy tale of leprechaun and gold pots in Russia or China too?

Sorry you're having such a hard time with the car situation, I would be pretty upset by that.

We don't really have leprechauns or unicorns in Russian fairy tales. But we have a little horse with a hump on the back - that's pretty much it :-)

According to my u/s today our precious baby girl is measuring 6.7 pounds. Measurements were all between 36 weeks and 5 days and 38 weeks and 2 days so on average we're at the 37 weeks I really am. All looked fine except of Elina having one arm above her head but as I love to sleep like that I just assume that she's just inherited my sleeping position I hope with those numbers I do not have to be induced when I go over my due date. I will see what my ob says on Wednesday.

Aww Those measurements can be off by a lot (+/- 1.5 pounds) so if that number was worrying you in anyway, try to remember that!!

Did they do a cervix check on you?
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I wouldn't rely 100% on measurements either. However here some doctors have so much practice that they estimate weight quite accurately by ... just palpating!

I know that the measurements can be off a lot. I was just scarred that they would argue on having a c-section because of the possibility that she is heavy. With those numbers now I think I have a good point in saying that there is no reason for a planed c-section. I want to have a vaginal birth if possible but as Maui doesn't have a 24/7 ER they are considering planed c-sections quite often also at low risks (and you then need to have repeated c-section afterwards).

The only thing I got yesterday was the u/s. My last cervix examination was on June, 1st, when I was 1cm dilated and 30-50% effaced. I will let the ob check on it tomorrow, just to know if there is some progress.

Fx for progress! !!!