Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Jessica/turtle12801 Updates

I am just so ready for him to get here!!! I've had a lot of fear the past few days... He's slowed his movement down a WHOLE LOT, so it's really freaking me out... I barely feel him until about 6 pm now... I've noticed that 6 is crazy time for him... LOL!!! I have to remind myself that he's probably running out of room so I'm not going to feel him as much, he can't move as much, but it's still scary, especially when I haven't ever experienced any of this before, and I have so many friends that have had very late losses... I'm just ready for him to be here!!!!!
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

It is scarry how few movements you can feel in the end. And Elina was born too early. So I can only imagine it's going to be much worse the longer it takes. Hope your little man decides to be born soon! Thinking of you
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

The slow down in movements has had me freaking out too! It's normal but still when you are so used to feeling that it just doesn't seem right. With the loss my friend experienced over the weekend it's definitely taken my mind places that I don't need it to be going. I hope baby continues giving you reassurance when you need it to keep you from freaking out too much!

Glad ultrasound was so good and your doctor is nice! I wouldn't bet on heredity too much - my mom haD me and my sister on due dates, fairly quickly. My sister had short active labour both times. I had 3 c-sections with 1 failed vbac. So ... guess my genetics decided to go against the odds! Whaever birth you get I'm sure your doctor will make sure it is the best choice for you and your little one!

Sending you lots of thoughts for peace and comfort!

Oh Rachel, I didn't see anything about your friend. I'm so sorry!!

Only 13 days left til due date YAY!! I guess little man and I won't share a birthday unless something drastic happens soon and he arrives in the next 15 hours... LOL!!! I just can't have him come in 4 days, because then he'd share a birthday with my sister, and as much as she says she wants that, I think she'd actually be upset that he stole her thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle12801 View Post
    Oh Rachel, I didn't see anything about your friend. I'm so sorry!!

Only 13 days left til due date YAY!! I guess little man and I won't share a birthday unless something drastic happens soon and he arrives in the next 15 hours... LOL!!! I just can't have him come in 4 days, because then he'd share a birthday with my sister, and as much as she says she wants that, I think she'd actually be upset that he stole her thunder.
    LOL yes, I agree, your sister probably wouldn't like that afterall. You're so close!!! YAY!!

Eek.. so close! !! Hope he does what mine did - born a day before his sister's birthday so not to steal the thunder!

So I had a Dr appt today... My BP was elevated ad the baby's heart rate was slower than normal. Urine was fine, but they hooked me up to monitors anyway, just to check. His baseline heart rate seems to be lower than it has been the rest of the pregnancy. It did increase several times while they had me monitored so they were ok with that. It just really freaks me out since his movement has really decreased. I'm just scared at this point So I will take any prayers and positive thoughts anyone wants to send my way.

Also he told me they probably wouldn't induce until at least 41.5 weeks. I really just need little man to get here...

I'm sorry you have more worries than before the appt. It would scare me too] Definitively sending a lot of positive thoughts your way
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Ugh, my feet have been so swollen for like 3 weeks, my calves have been swollen for about a week and a half, all the sudden today, my calves are so swollen that my pants legs are tight I'm doing whatever I can to get this labor going on my own... LOL!!! I know I should stay home and off my feet, but I can't take off work yet. I won't get any pay while I"m off, and quite honestly, I sit all day at work, with a few exceptional moments when I have to run to the drive thru teller window or something, and I have my feet propped as high as I can and still function. I just don't know what else to do...

With BP elevated, swelling and baby's heart not being stable here they would insist on c-section or induction in the least. Have they checked your blood and urine? Big hugs

Yeah, my blood and urine were great!! My BP was 137/89 so it wasn't terribly high, but enough that they wanted to hook me up. On a good note baby's been moving a lot more lately than he was... I think he's just getting so big that he's out of room... Ready for my appt on Thursday, altho I have to see the NP and not my normal Doc and I know she can't make any decisions about inductions....

I'm so sorry about the swelling, I know how awful it is! Other than propping up your feet, watching your salt and drinking tons of water, there's not much you can do. Keep an eye on that BP!! Glad your tests results were normal!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Thinking of you...hoping and praying your bp doesn't go up any further ! Great news on the labs !!

Hopefully, it won't be much longer for you !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Ugh.. haven't been feeling the greatest today, really tired.. checked my BP and it's 148/97... of course my machine at home is reading off from the actual manual reading at dr. I just can't remember how far

Can you go to the fire station or drug store?

Ouch, I hope your real BP is not that high. Hugs

Oh sheesh ...hoping it's not accurate! I second going to a pharmacy and checking it there .

Kup!

I waited about an hour and took it again at home, and it had come down a good deal. Still a bit elevated, but not near like that. If I remember right it was reading high by about 5-8 points when I took it to the dr.

Is it wrong that I am just so ready for this to be over? My pain with my incision is back terribly, I'm starting to have pain in the area where my fibroid is.. It must be the way hes laying or something... i just want him here to hold!! I've gone thru so much during this pregnancy, and I have so much anxiety now being so close to the end....

21. Default

Every first time Mama feels that way, even without the complications that you've experienced!! Don't feel bad about any of your feelings.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

UGH... took my BP this morning and its showing 144/95... My sis works at a Dr office so I'm gonna swing in there shortly and have them check it out...If it's really up I'll be calling my Dr office right away... I can't handle all this

I hope your bp comes down some. Pain will definitely cause it to go up--there's only so much stress the body can handle. You're doing great! Hang in there!!

Hope your BP came down!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I hope your bp comes down some. Pain will definitely cause it to go up--there's only so much stress the body can handle. You're doing great! Hang in there!!
    Ita !!

Well, I spent 3 hours hooked up to monitors, and low and behold my BP was great at labor and delivery. . I don't get it! I did how ever start having some pretty good contractions while I was there, so they checked my cervix. Still closed and posterior, but soft... maybe these contractions will start getting things moving.

My BP is always much better laying down. When I was in the hospital with asthma in May, my bp was in the 140s-150s/90s when sitting up or walking around, but perfect when laying down.

I know it's frustrating for sure, but the fact that it does come down is really really great news !

My heart absolutely goes out to you...I know you're just totally over all of this and ready to hold your LO in your arms ! Thinking of you and praying it's very very VERY soon for you !!

Hope you are feeling better!

I'm having a lot of nausea last night and today.... don't know what that's all about... Really tired today, partly just because I have been lately, and partly because contractions, nausea and my DH snoring kept me up a lot last night. Still having contractions today, nothing so intense that I need to take a break or anything, but they're coming I'm really hoping that this is an indicator that things are headed towards active labor soon....

A gentleman I work with looked at me today and said, yep you're ready, it'll be soon. He used to be a Dr, so lets hope he's right!!!!