Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Jessica/turtle12801 Updates

So I slept great, no more cramping, but this morning, they were back. Called Dr office, and they said get off my feet... kinda hard at work, but I am sitting, and drink lots, and if I have more than 4-6 in an hour I gotta call them.... Then they'll probably send me to labor and delivery to see what's up... Well I'm up to 2 so far... We'll see...
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

Well the dr had me come in to be monitored today... I did have a couple contractions, but they were small, but then I had these little blips.. they said its uterine iritability. they believe it's caused by my fibroid, and feel it's nothing to be concerned about. Other than just keep an eye on it, and if they become worse we'll reevaluate.. No dialation, and they did a swab test on my cervix that i think she said checks for a chemical in your body that you get before labor, and she said my chances of going into labor in the next 2 weeks are less than 1%, so that's good.

3. Default

Great news!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Glad to hear nothing major is happening yet! Sorry hour fibroid is causing you so much troubles

I'm glad you have a better idea of what's going on! It's so frustrating not to know.

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

UGH.... My feet are so swollen, and so are my hands... My blood pressure was 112/77 when I left the hospital on Friday. I checked it last night and this morning at home, and my diastolic number was 90 one time and 93 the other... I went to the dr office where my sis works at lunch and had them check it, granted theirs is a machine too, not manual, but it was showing as 122/80. I don't know what's going on I hate to be the hypochondriac calling the dr constantly, but if my BP is up and all the swelling I'm worrying about pre-eclampsia... Also it seems I've gained 1.5 lbs since yesterday, BUT it is our county fair week, and I ate junk last night???

7. Default

When was the last time you had a BM? I can easily be at least half a pound heavier if I haven't had a good BM in a day or two ... add in less water intake and some extra food and that could account for your weight gain. Weight is a crazy thing. I weigh myself daily and don't consider a weight change unless I've weighed that amount for 3 days in a row.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

This morning before I weighed myself... LOL!!! I'm chalking the weight gain up to the county fair

UGH... I had the worst dream last night... dreamt that my incision was tearing open I'm having so much anxiety right now!!!! The baby hasn't moved very much at all today I'm so ready to be done with this pregnancy so I can stop worrying so much!!! I swear I just want to cry most of the day recently

122/80 is normal BP. But I would keep monitoring and using manual machine is much better because the margin of error on electronic may be higher. You also need to rest and relax for 10-15 min before measuring your BP.
    Water retainment is no fun! I am retaining water atm A LOT and I have to keep my arms and feet elevated a lot too. Try cutting down salt and drink more...water. Mostly in AM. You need to have your kidneys kick all that water out of your body. If you are concerned, keep calling your doctor because your gut knows better. Big hugs
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

If your diastolic gets to 100, get yourself to the ER right away, even if it's from a machine you might not think is reliable. I'm very serious.

Have you tried doing some creative visualization/positive thinking exercises? You have every right to your feelings! I just think that if you shift your mind/thoughts to a better place, or give yourself some positive self talk, then it will help ease some of your worries and fear than might be making your other symptoms less tolerable.

I really wonder if the other day if my machine was accurate in the morning, but it had come down by the afternoon.... My systolic has been about my average, but my diastolic has been higher than normal the past two days. It was like 82 the one time and 86 the next, I normally run about 77, but my systolic was about 120 which is normal for me. I'm just going to make sure I take it at least a couple times a day.

I've just had this overwhelming anxiety today. Not even just about the pregnancy, but everything...

I have not tried anything like visualization, tho I should, but I'm still working 8 hours a day, and I know that's adding to my stress... I can't get anything done at my house!!! I feel like there's so much left to do!!! And I deal with the public at my job, and most days I want to smack most of them....

Honestly? Forget about the house for a while. Do stuff when you have spikes of energy. Meanwhile rest. You had a surgery and you are pregnant. Plus working. It is HARD. I worked throughout most of my 1st pregnancy and it was no peaches!

UGH... I had the worst night of sleep every last night. Hubby was snoring so bad, I couldn't get him to roll over, even with ear plugs I still heard him Then I couldn't get comfortable, I'd wake up with my feet hurting so bad because of the swelling. I tossed and turned all night!!! And then when I could get to sleep I'd wake up not long after having nightmares that I lost the baby (I'm sure that's because he wasn't hardly moving before I went to sleep) His movement has really slowed down, which hubby keeps saying "well hunny he has no room in there" Which I know, but still it doesn't reassure me a ton... Been having a lot of pelvic pain and pressure... I think he's finally starting to drop a little... I think my belly looks a bit different.... And, OMG I've gained 6 pounds in the past week!!!!

Drs appt this afternoon... can't wait... As bad as it sounds I'm going to ask them about the possibility of an early induction. The pain from my surgery incision is getting so much worse each day. My diastolic number on my BP keeps creeping up, and that could be related to pain, who knows. by the end of the evening I can't hardly walk because my feet hurt so bad because of terrible swelling And, I'm measuring big and so is little man. He was measuring roughly 5 lbs 4 oz at my ultrasound at 33 weeks and 1 day. Is it wrong that I"m ready to give little man an eviction notice??? I feel terrible about it, but the physical pain is awful. I mean above all I want to make sure he's ok and ready to go, but I figure it can't hurt to ask...

I'm sorry you are having such a rough pregnancy. My OB (Different state, different Doctor) said he cannot due to laws, schedule an induction before 37 weeks and that might be the case for you as well. But never hurts to ask! Are you on bedrest yet? That is the first place you need to start, the Doctor can give you a sheet a paper to give your employer stating you need to be on bedrest. Not only will you FEEL better not working, but it will ease the stress and probably bring down your BP. Good luck! At the very least ask Doc about bed rest possibilities.

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain !! I don't think it's awful to feel ready for baby to be on the outside at all, especially considering things have been rough for you .

Your dr will be able to determine the healthiest course of action for both you and baby so if they don't feel baby is ready or that an induction would be too stressful or not effective yet, then they'll just have you wait. Early inductions are slippery slopes to a c/s so as hard as it is to cope with right now, maybe it would be an encouraging thought for you to know every day baby is on the inside is one more day of healing for you and one more day of growth for him which ultimately means a higher likelihood of a better outcome for you both .

If they do say no to an early induction you could maybe request more effective pain meds...unless you have a medical reason you can't take them Norco or vicoden are generally considered fine during pg .

I really am just so sorry you're having to deal with all the normal end-of-pg stuff in addition to all the stuff that goes along with recovering from a surgery...my heart sure goes out to you momma, really praying for you !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I'll be 37 weeks on Tuesday... I definitely don't want to do anything until after that. I am not on bed rest at this point, and as much as I want to feel better, hope it doesn't get to that point, because I can't afford too much time off work. A week or so will be fine, but I can't handle like 3 weeks off before delivery. I may just be a complete whiner too, and maybe I should suck it up

The one thing I'm truly hoping for tho is that if I go full tern that he's not a huge baby. I'm so scared of having to have a C-section. I really don't want to be cut open again. I haven't even been able to properly heal from surgery... I'm just very anxious about it all at this point, which I think is completely normal for a first pregnancy, right???

Totally normal!

Have you had any growth measurements? They can be way off anyway, so I would get too caught up in the numbers they give you if/when you do.

Getting really close now.

The only growth scan I had done was at 19 weeks before surgery, and at that point every thing was measuring on point....

Just got home from the Dr. Met with the other Dr at the practice, whom I had not seen yet. He's very nice I can see why my best friend really likes him. He has ordered another ultrasound for next Friday because I am still measuring quite large.. He doesn't want to risk me having a 10-11 pound baby. He even said before I could, I'm sure that the last thing you want is to have to be cut open again. I fully understand that there are all sorts of reasons that I could have to have a c-section, but a large baby would be a great reason for it, and I'm glad that he has the same thoughts I did, before even saying them. So we'll see what next Friday brings.

My sister is distraught, because she is supposed to be in the delivery room with me and well, she's supposed to leave for Florida late Friday night, early Saturday morning. She's so scared that she's going to be there when little man gets here. She's like can they just induce you after they see your ultrasound, I'll leave a day later.. I don't know what to tell her. I know she really wants to be there, and this will be her only chance, but she can't back out of vacation with my nephews. I understand if she can't be there, but I feel so bad, because I know she'll be crushed....

Huge hugs. The pain from recent incision with a growing belly and a kicking baby must be horrible. I hope you get to be induced soon. Hope it works out with your sister's plan. So nice that she is really trying to be there for you!

Is it Friday yet?!?! I'm so ready to have my ultrasound and see what's going on with little man, and see if I'm looking at being induced.....

Thinking of you and praying the rest of your week goes quickly...only 2 more days, hang in there momma !!!

Well my ultrasound was this morning, everything looks great with little man... his approximate weight right now is 6 lb 14 oz. I don't actually have my next appt with the dr until Thursday, but I'm thinking at that weight, he's probably going to let me ride it out, but we'll see... I'm sure if he needs to talk to me before Thursday he'll call me I'm feeling a bit better lately, I think because he's dropped some, and is maybe relieving some of the pressure off my incision.... Ready for Thursday... LOL!!!!!

Glad you are feeling better!! Hope it continues

great update!!

Praying for a good appt next week !

Glad you are feeling better! Hope all goes well at your appointment! !

Well I got an email from my Dr yesterday. It reads as follows.... I reviewed your ultrasound this morning, and based on his current measurements and your last period he is in the 47th percentile. Which means that if you put baby in a room with 100 kids of the same age he would be bigger than 47 of them, which means he's right at the midline, so it's not worrisome I love that he actually put the smiley face on it. LOL!!! So it sounds like no early induction for me. Which is fine if he's not a huge baby, I was just really worried about him being huge and me having to have a c section, which I really don't want. I am pretty sure that I will eventually have to be induced, because I know heredity plays a big part in our health, and my mom had to be induced with both my sister and I, and my sister had to be induced with both her boys. I am going to ask him how long he will probably make me wait past my due date, hopefully not that long, because I am starting to have a lot of pain again with my incision..

Awww, great news from the u/s !!!!!

I'm so sorry you're having pain again ! Praying baby comes with no need for induction, but if you do have one that your body would be ready and everything would go perfectly !!!