Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessica/turtle12801 Updates

Oh my gosh.... I hope this next 7 weeks goes fast. I tossed and turned for an hour about in tears last night because my hips hurt so bad!!! I finally went and slept in the recliner so I could at least me on my back and not on my hips... So this morning my sciatica is awful! My incision is killing me, and my poor belly button, like don't even touch anywhere near it cuz I'll eaither cry or scream.... Just 7 more weeks...
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

Huge hugs. Time will fly and you'll be looking back with a smile! !

Today's update... I had an ultrasound this morning to check to see how big baby is, since I'm measuring 4 weeks bigger than I am. Here's the verdict.... Fibroid is still 8 x 4 cm, which is smaller than it was at 20 weeks, so that's positive. I'm still within normal range for amniotic fluid, but I'm on the high end of it, which she said will make me measure bigger. Also she said he is measuring bigger than he is in gestational age. She said he weighs about 5 lbs 4 oz right now, which they said 5 1/2 pounds is normal weight for 35 weeks, and I'm only 33... so it's a combo of things making me measure big Nothing to be too concerned about. Just probably going to have a big boy!!!

It was a quite scary ultrasound tho... right at the end I started getting very very hot, started sweating and thought I was going to vomit. The Ultrasound tech immediately had me roll to my side, it still didn't help. So they got me upright, called in the NP, and had her check me out. They were very nice, gave me a cold rag, got me cold water and sprite, and made sure I started feeling better. They said it was probably either from me being on my back, or my blood sugar bottomed out... Either way I feel better now, tho I"m still really tired.....

Glad you're feeling better now! That doesn't sound fun at all.

Some babies are just bigger. My brother was born at 34 weeks and weighed a little over 6 pounds! He didn't fit in the NICU beds.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Hugs, Jessica! At long ultrasounds I feel weak and faint. Glad all is well. My fibroid disappeared on its own in 2nd pregnancy - it appeared at the beginning and by the end it was gone while with 1st I had 3 removed during c-section, small ones though. So I hope yours at least shrinks to much smaller size!!!

I am so miserable today!!! Hubby had to help me out of the bed because I hurt so bad. I think I may have to see about cutting back my hours at work a bit until baby comes. Every day I just hurt more and more. I have to remind myself that it's only been 13 weeks since they cut my stomach open, and I have a baby in there pushing on that now... I guess it should be expected that I hurt My friends are cracking me up because none of them think I'm making it til my due date. I told them I was going to start a calendar with all their picks on it...LOL!!! I'm in the home stretch, I know it will all be worth it, even tho I just want to crawl up in bed and stay there for the next 7 weeks.. And I need to stop being so scared... If I don't feel him moving a lot like I used to I freak out, but I have to remember that as he gets bigger he has less room to move, and he's going to start slowing down.... And with him being bigger, he's going to start slowing before when all the books say is "average" ... Ok, that's my blurb for the day.. I ramble a lot...

Just ramble, that makes me feel more human, as I'm not the only one complaining
    I'm sorry to hear that you're in a lot of pain. Hope you feel better soon, but you're right, you went through a lot and your body might just remind you of all that and tells you to slow down. So if you're able to cut back at work, go for it. for pain relieve.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

You are so stong! I round probably quit my job in your situation! !! Hope you feel better tomorrow. Hugs

Anyone who has experienced Braxton Hicks, where do you feel the tightening??? Bottom of belly, top of belly?? All over??

I felt it mostly on the bottom of my belly and when I checked the whole belly was firm under my touch. So you can probably feel it earlier or later too. For me it felt like the menstrual cramps I normaly have.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

For me it is usually a hardening of the upper of my bump. Real contractions have been the lower menstrual type cramps.

Yes, bxs can feel this way but also can the real ones.

Yeah, they've been feeling kind of like menstrual cramps, and sometimes they're at the top, and some times at the bottom, and sometimes all over.. LOL!!! They've been becoming more frequent.

I've also been having a really bad pain in my inner thigh area, I guess I'd say by like my pubic bone/joint. And that hip is cracking and popping when I walk.. Geesh, and to think I have 6 more weeks left..... Of course everyone thinks there's no way I'm going to last 6 more weeks, especially now that he's measuring big. Which I know measuring big doesn't mean they have the due date wrong, or that I'll have him early, but to be quite honest I hope he does come a bit early because of all the pain I'm having as a result of my surgery Of course, ONLY if he's ready

As long as he hangs in there for at least 2-3 weeks you are fine. This way he will come at around 37 weeks. Hugs. Hip and pb pain is no fun!!!

I'm sorry you are so miserable! I agree that 37 (and sometimes even just over 36) can be ok, especially when they come on their own. Maiya was an emergency C-section at 37 weeks and ended up being totally fine. So, hopefully he comes at a time that works well for you both!

Had a dr appt today. She said that unfortunately the hip issue goes with the territory, which I figured.. I'm all out of whack, the left hip is the one where I"m having pain in the pubic bone area, and the hip is popping, so then my right side the sciatica is acting up super bad We briefly touched base on how much pain I'm having as a result of the surgery. She said unfortunately there is a possibility that the muscles are or could tear, which could be why I'm in so much pain. She did ask if they had scheduled a Csection for me, and then she remembered that they did not cut my uterus, so we don't have to do a Csection (they don't do Vbacs there) I did tell her that Csection would be my absolute last choice, I don't want cut open again. She did sound like maybe we can play it by ear, keep an eye on his size, and maybe we can induce. She is a Nurse Practicioner, so she can't make any calls about that, but was very receptive to the pain I'm having, and knows that it's not fake. I have another appt in 2 weeks, then it's weekly appts for me My next appointment is with the other Dr who I have not seen yet, but have met when my best friend had her surgery. He was also who was there for her delivery with her loss. He's very nice as well!!! I'm so so happy I switched drs

I hope you can birth yourself. But either way whatever is safer for you and the baby! !!

I hope so too... I'm so ready to have my little man with me.... I don't feel well today, everyday I just get more and more miserable. Today I'm very nauseated..... I don't know why

I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time.

Unfortunately some ladies do get morning sickness again late in pregnancy. Your stomach and other organs are so squished that it can cause that. Or it can be from pain or stress. There are both physical and mental/emotional causes of nausea.

You're almost there and it will all be worth it!!

ugh... and he's not moving as much as normal today It makes me very worried, tho I'm sure I shouldn't be....

Drink something cold and/or sweet like juice or soda and lay in either side. Usually works.
    I also have nausea even though mine has dropped long ago. Last trimester I'd fun like that!!

he's jabbed me a couple times now... . He's just normally pretty active in the morning. Maybe he's just taking it easy on me since I'm not feeling great...

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help relieve sciatic nerve pain?? It's terrible today... LIke I've almost fallen 3 times today where the pain is so sudden and severe..

I'm glad he's moving around for you!

As for sciatic nerve pain... I do not, really, but have you tried a chiropractor?

I haven't called a chiropractor yet. It's just been sudden onset today I'm hoping maybe it'll work itself out by tomorrow....

You can probably find some stretches online. I saw a physical therapist for like 6 weeks to fix mine...not exactly fast or cheap lol. A chiro would give you some fairly fast relief though, but it wouldn't be a permanent solution.

Be careful! We don't want to hear about you falling!

Tennis ball placed between the area and the wall and you have to move to do circular motion and apply pressure there. Also you could try some pregnancy friendly balm, apply warm compress. Sorry you are in pain. These onsets are horrible

Ok.. so now I'm having another issue... I've been having a lot of cramping type feeling... I'm thinking maybe BH contractions but it feels way different thand what I thought was BH before.. they are way lower down than what I thought was BH before.. I just want some reassurance that everything is ok. I'm still getting movement from little man, tho hes slowed down over the past week or so and he definitely seems to have more of a sleep/wake pattern.. I'm just really wondering if hes starting to drop and move more into position and that's why I'm having so many issues lately...

For cramps the first thing to do is drink some water, like 20 ounces, wait 30 mins and drink 20 more ounces. A warm shower might help too. Even if you think you're drinking enough, drink more.

For the sciatic pain ask your OB if you can get a PT referral. Your insurance might be more likely to cover that. It helped me a ton with my first pregnancy. As for the cramping, I have been having it too. Like Natalie said, lots of water and lay down. If it's still persisting try taking a benadryl. For me BH are not low like cramps so cramping is real contractions.