Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessica/turtle12801 Updates

I went home and used a kick counter, and all is well. The Nurse Practicioner had suggested a bit of caffeine to get him a bit excited. I had 10 kicks within 10 minutes, so it's all good Everything else seems fine, I was worried about messing something up internally with just having surgery 4 weeks ago, but I haven't had any unusual symptoms, so I think I'm ok on that end too
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

That's great I'm glad things are going well!

Sometimes I think my baby's not moving that much but I've noticed that some things aren't strong enough for me to feel. Like the other day I was resting the remote control on my belly and she was making it move but I didn't feel the kicks.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Yay for kicks and for no surgery symptoms!

Today is 26 weeks!!! I have a dr apt tomorrow, and they will do my glucose test tomorrow. Hopefully that will go well. After being down 18 pounds from the beginning of pregnancy until about 23 weeks, I've now gained 8 pounds since the first of this month!!! What the heck!?! It could be the fact that I've enjoyed a dilly bar or ice cream sandwich almost every day since the beginning of the month, or that it's Easter time and I love Peeps... LOL Or it could be that my weight loss was from getting my thyroid straightened out, and now it's all leveling out.

Otherwise, things have been good.. I have my 4D ultrasound scheduled for the 30th of this month (honestly, I hope they say that it wasn't a pee pee they saw in the first one and it's a girl.. LOL!! but I'm seriously happy either way), and a massage the 5th of May.. I did start to have some swelling of my ankles this weekend, and good grief I've been fighting hemorrhoids for 3 weeks off and on (I know, TMI) but those seem to be getting better again, thank God!

So that's my updates, I haven't been keeping up on updating OH, and my best friend is pregnant too, and I'm really excited!!!!

Glad you are doing well. For me I gain a lot and my ob only now after 2 pregnancies think it's an issue lol hope your glucose test is negative!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Woohoo, 26 weeks!!

Glad to hear things are good, over all. 4D, how exciting!! I'm glad you're excited either way, but hopefully it was just the umbilical cord. ;) When was that ultrasound, how many weeks? Were they fairly confident?

A massage! Lucky!! And congratulations to your friend!

The ultrasound where they told us what it was, was at 19 weeks. And it was at the highly reputable women's center where I had my surgery. If it was here locally I wouldn't trust it as much... LOL!!

Speaking of... I've had so many problems out of my current OBGYN practice that my dr apt the other day was the final nail in the coffin. I'm done, and switching providers. I refuse to go somewhere where they don't make themselves knowledgeable about their patients, and don't care to!!! I've called several other drs in the area, all were willing to take me this far in pregnancy, called insurance and that's all good, so now to make my final decision! I would love to go where I had my surgery performed, but it's an hour and a half away, and the drive in labor concerns me. I will still have to drive about a half an hour, compared to 5 minutes to my current hospital, but that's better than being treated like crap!

Good for you, it's hard to switch doctors but I think you're making a good decision!

Hugs. Glad you have a choice to switch the doctors! !!

Ok, so I had my 3D/4D ultrasound yesterday. That was the best $100 I have ever spent!!! It was the most amazing experience!!!!! My little man is so cute... now he needs a name!

So back to the Dr issue... I hate that I'm leaving my dr, because the hospital is amazing, but I can't go to that hospital, because the only OBGYN's that use that hospital are at the practice I'm currently at. It's so dissapointing to me because I"d love to give the hospital my business. So I have one final appt at my current OB on May to do my glucose screen, and they are doing another ultrasound to measure growth, because I'm measuring pretty big because of my fibroid. I will have my first appointment on May 19th (30 weeks) at the new dr. I feel very good about the new dr tho There are only two drs there vs 4 at my current practice. I like that when it comes to delivery

Is my memory completely gone or this I'd your subtle way of gender reveal? Either way, it won't be too much to say congratulations! Can't wait to hear what you will name him!
    Sorry about the hospital, but the fact that you like your new ob is great. I was never 100% fond of mine but she is the best of what they have and the only one who speaks English and now she is becoming a bit sloppy. So hope the rest of pg you have better experience! !!

I think I had previously said that they had told us boy, but yesterday was confirmation!!!! So it's a boy

Yay!!

Congrats!

Ugh... I'm so glad I have a dr appt tomorrow .. my little fella hasn't moved half as much as normal today.. maybe not even a third as much as normal. I don't know whats going on, but its freaking me out

praying everything is okay with your little sweetie Jess!

Have you tried drinking some apple juice or OJ and laying down for 20mins to see if you get some kicks and wiggles?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I have not... he has started moving a lot more in the past half hour or so, since I posted.. lol! My stomach has been upset all day, so I have no clue what's going on I am quite glad that he has started moving more recently.

I'm glad he's moving more lately! They go through periods, too, like us. They have active days and lazy days! Plus, he's getting bigger, he's not going to be able to move as much soon.

I'm glad you have an appointment tomorrow, though, hopefully that will reassure you that he- and you- are doing great!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    I'm glad he's moving more lately! They go through periods, too, like us. They have active days and lazy days! Plus, he's getting bigger, he's not going to be able to move as much soon.

I'm glad you have an appointment tomorrow, though, hopefully that will reassure you that he- and you- are doing great!
    I wondered if his bigger size might play a part... It's just really freaky when as I like to say he's been hyperactive ever since I could feel movements, to not much at all. He's definitely been more active this morning, thank goodness....

I wouldn't worry about size. My dd2 was big and yet she moved like crazy. Dd1 was small and didn't move much.

How are the movements today? I can totally feel with you and hope he gets back to his "normal" behaviour soon. Keep us updated on your appointment. Thinking of you
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

He's been a bit more active today. Appointment as far as baby went well he's measuring just right, which I'm measuring big because of my fibroid, appointment as far as the stupid OBGYN practice was like normal. Stupid! I filled out the records release to have everything transferred to another practice. Spoke with the dr about his movement slowing, and he told me it's fine. As long as I get one nudge out of him at least once every 4 hours I'm good (I was getting at least that yesterday, I just didn't know what I needed to see out of him). He said he's at the point where he's sleeping much more, and he's also getting bigger and losing room. So I was really reassured today

for a good baby appt! I'm sorry dealing with that practice hasn't been a better experience for you though . Hoping and praying the new OBs will be a much better fit for you !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Yay for a reassuring appointment! Sorry they are stupid, though. That can be so frustrating...

for great app. Glad you had to go there the last time. Hope the next app will be a good experience for both of you!

Glad this appt was reassuring, that's what we really want, right?!

Glad all is well!!

UGH.... failed my 1 hour glucose screen. Now I have to do a 3 hour test. What a great way to kick off with my new dr. LOL!!! Went to birthing class this weekned... that was fun

Sorry about the test, that's no fun. Hopefully it was a fluke and you'll do pass the 3 hour!

Sorry to hear you have to go through the 3 hr test as well. I can just tell you, that for me it was less awfull than the 1 hr test. Hope everything works out for you! If you have any questions about gd just ask. I've done a lot of research after being tested positive.

I've heard a lot of people fail the one hour one, but then pass the 3 hour because it's so much more in depth, like the one hour is just a screening tool almost. I asked my sis and she had to do the 3 hr test with her first. It could be because I like Dilly Bars from DQ a lot

I'm just so ready to be done with being pregnant and have that little punkin in my arms. Pregnancy has been so stressful. I freak out about everything since surgery. AND, scar tissue doesn't stretch, so my 8 inch incision hurts so bad, and I still have 10 weeks to get bigger. I freak out because he's slowed down with his moving. I just have to remember, he's bigger, so he can't swing back as well...LOL!! And I don't know if I'm feeling all his movements because of all my surgery stuff... no one has any way to tell that. I just keep praying for an uneventful 10.5 weeks... Until the Big Event that is