Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessica/turtle12801 Updates

Default Jessica/turtle12801 Updates

Ok, so first appt was today. It was with the Nurse Practitioner. All she did was the basic pap, and pelvic exam. When she was doing the manual, feel around exam she said "oh" I thought, don't say things like that. She said it seems I may be further along than I think I am (which is 8.1 weeks according to her, based on LMP, but she thinks I might be further) They took lots of blood, YUCK! and unfortunately that's gonna cost me about $1000 since I have no insurance, but I'll figure it out. Ultrasound is January 2nd. Normally they would do it at 12 weeks, but she wants to see if her suspicion is right. So now, to decide whether or not to tell the family at Christmas.
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

sounds like a great appt!!! Woohooo, can't wait to hear how your u/s goes !!

With my first few pgs I announced right away...it was nice having the support and encouragement early on .

Do you qualify for state aid? I would definitely look into it! If not, talk with your dr's billing dept to work out a payment plan...sometimes they offer reduced rates to those without insurance (some hospitas offer zero interest loans for L&D so talk to their billing dept too). Your local health dept may also be able to help point you in the right direction on how to get reduced lab fees and prenatal care .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I did apply last night to see if I could at least get some pregnancy assistance. I only need it for 3 months until I get married... LOL!! Hopefully that will come thru for us. If not the girl from the lab said they are great about doing payment plans.

As far as telling family, I want to do it in person, I feel it deserves more than a phone call. My dad and step mom and sisters live 2 hours away, and I will see them at Christmas. That's why I thought about doing it then, but my sweetie thinks that Christmas is for family time. We announced our wedding at Thanksgiving, he doesn't think it'd be fair to put the focus on me at both holidays... BUT.. he thinks it's ok to go ahead and tell his mom, since she lives with us. I told him no way! She doesn't get to know first, she knew about the wedding first!!!

I still don't know if I want to tell before my ultrasound. I have way too many friends who have had heartbreak with pregnancies lately... it kind of worries me. But I figure I could tell them now, or tell them in a few weeks, it won't stop anything bad from happenning anyways, heaven forbid!

I swear, Thursday cannot get here soon enough, though I'm very nervous at the same time as anxious!! Ready to have the u/s done, and make sure everything seems ok, and see how far along I really am! I should be 10 wks tomorrow based on LMP, but I'm already starting to show.. wondering if Dr is really right that I might be further along.

We ended up telling family on Saturday at our Christmas dinner They were excited. I've told a couple close friends also. I just wish I could stop thinking so negatively!! Things are going fantastic and I feel great, but I can't shake the negatives! Hopefully Thursday will ease my what could be fears

Quote Originally Posted by turtle12801 View Post
    I swear, Thursday cannot get here soon enough, though I'm very nervous at the same time as anxious!! Ready to have the u/s done, and make sure everything seems ok, and see how far along I really am! I should be 10 wks tomorrow based on LMP, but I'm already starting to show.. wondering if Dr is really right that I might be further along.

We ended up telling family on Saturday at our Christmas dinner They were excited. I've told a couple close friends also. I just wish I could stop thinking so negatively!! Things are going fantastic and I feel great, but I can't shake the negatives! Hopefully Thursday will ease my what could be fears
    It is hard until you see baby or hear a heartbeat. We saw baby on u/s at 8 weeks and I am still nervous because we hear the heartbeat for the first time (hopefully) on Thursday. I hope the week goes quick for you!

it's crazy hard not to worry! I hope the next couple days fly by and you get wonderful news on Thursday !!!

Eta...did your insurance go through yet? How are the wedding plans coming along?
    Last edited by kellyowens; 12-30-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Haven't heard a thing from applying for state assistance, could take 90 days... bleh, by then I'll be married!

We're considering just running to the courthouse so that I have insurance soon, and then still doing the ceremony/reception in March like we were going to. After a $1000 blood panel, and who knows how much the u/s bill will be, we can't afford all of it out of pocket for another 3 months. Our family understands that decision, if we do it, which is great.

Other than that, the planning is great! All the decor is bought, and it's just a hodge podge of stuff, which is so me Just a few things to finish making and getting together, and coming up with a menu for the reception, and I'm done.

I don't blame you if you decide to just run to the courthouse to get a quick marriage. Health care is ridiculously expensive. The important thing in a marriage is the commitment, I think, and if you want to have a religious aspect to your marriage, I doubt it would be a problem to do that at a later time. In any case, congratulations on your wedding! I'm wishing you two a lifetime of happiness together.

Thanks!!! You're right, medical stuff is expensive!!!! $1000 for a blood panel... geesh! I'm hoping that his insurance doesn't consider pregnancy as a pre-existing condition. We have to find all that out hopefully soon. He works the same hours or longer than his HR dept is open, so it makes it really hard to get a hold of anyone.

Hm, isn't it part of the deal with Obama's new health care law, that they have to cover people anyway, even with pre-existing conditions? I thought that went into effect in 2014 - which starts tomorrow. I could be wrong, though, I haven't been following all the details of the rollout of the new policy.

Yes, all pre-existing conditions are covered. My insurance actually goes so far as to continue covering my pregnancy even after I stop being covered by the policy.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Yeah, HIPAA ruled pregnancy couldn't be considered pre-existing, but there were loopholes. Only if you were switching coverage. If you didn't have coverage (which I don't) the new group policy did not have to cover it, but could. I know there's still loopholes with the Affordable Healthcare Act, but not sure what yet... LOL!!! Hopefully not one that says insurance won't cover my pregnancy...LOL!!!

hey I just realized I'm 10 wks today!

unless I'm further along like the Dr thinks I am. Ready for Thursday to get here, so I can see the little bean, and see how far along I really am!

Yaaay!!! HAPPY 10wks!!!!

Yay!! So exciting!

Well had my u/s today. Pretty much right on track. I'm 10 wks and a day based on Lmp and baby is measuring 9 weeks 5 days. They did find that I have an 8 cm fibroid at the top of my uterus. Shouldn't cause me any problems other than possible increase in pain, but I'll deal with it if it happens. So all in all good day. Saw the bean move around and heart rate was 170.

Awesome!!!

Great!

Sounds like a great appt!

Hey, also I have a question. Is there a difference in a growth scan and an ultrasound? They said that because of the fibroid, they would not be able to accurately measure me, because it's at the top of the uterus, so they would need to do growth scans to monitor the baby's growth.

I don't think so. I think they mean they can't use a fundal height measurement, which is just an external measurement from public bone to the top of your uterus. Did they say how often they would do that, because getting a lot of u/s, while fun and awesome, isn't cheap.

Yay!...congrats on the great appt. Ditto on what Natalie said about growth scan

Anna (36), DH (47), Little Man (4), , Little Lady (brand new!)

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I don't think so. I think they mean they can't use a fundal height measurement, which is just an external measurement from public bone to the top of your uterus. Did they say how often they would do that, because getting a lot of u/s, while fun and awesome, isn't cheap.
    Yes, that is what they were talking about. Said that with the placement of the fibroid, they won't be able to distinguish that from the top of my uterus. No, they didn't say how often they would be doing it, just that they would need to do that.

They also want to keep an eye on the fibroid, as it could grow with the extra pregnancy hormones... yay fun Of course she also said the pregnancy and my growing uterus could essentially choke it out and kill it off, oh and if that happens I'll probably have excruciating pain... yay, even more fun

As far as money, my fiance and I have turned our wedding into a shotgun wedding as soon as we can get our license. He called his insurance and fortunately it will cover everything immediately. And he has amazing insurance, so we gotta do what we gotta do. We'll still have our ceremony and reception in March, so I'm cool with it

UGH... I think I learned my lesson with this stupid fibroid.... I've been achy the past couple days, and of course it started after DH and I had a bit of fun I'm hoping that they'll check it out at my appointment next week and make sure it's not growing more. It just freaks me out... and the fact I have lost weight and haven't been sick freaks me out, but I'll chalk that up to them changing my thyroid meds

I had 3 fibroids in 1st pregnancy and they removed them during c-section. I can't say they bothered me much but there was some weird pain and discomfort enough for me to see a doctor once on the issue
    With dd 2 I started off with fibroids but it seems as pregnancy progressed they disappeared.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Oh, and DH and I officially got hitched this weekend... YAY!! Still planning everything for a real ceremony and reception in March, but glad to have insurance now

Wow, congratulations!!!

Congratulations!

Congrats!!!!

Well I guess I've officially hit the second trimester now 14 weeks

It's so strange tho, because other than my fibroid pain, I don't feel pregnant. I can't wait until I can start feeling that little bean move around. That will ease some of my fears.

How soon do you all remember feeling movement with a first pregnancy? I know they say you're more in tune after the first one so sometimes you can feel it sooner on the second and third pregnancies.