Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: SaraMice/Sara Updates

I think in order for them to say you failed the 3 hour you have to fail 2 or all 3 tests. I'm sure you're fine if you only failed the one.

Still no call from the doc, so I'm assuming I'm fine!

In other news, I think I felt my first Braxton Hick today. A slow, painless tightening across the belly? Is that it?
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

I think so on the BH!!

I called after a week of not hearing about my test. I really dislike the "we'll only call if it's bad" mode of operation. I also developed a big sweet tooth and didn't want to feel guilty all the time.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

That is what the BH feel like. The first time I got one I was wondering what the heck it was until the dr told me about them. I would take no news is good news approach for the Glucose Test. I followed up with my dr about the results since I hadn't heard anything.

I'd be more concerned on the glucose test if the scores hadn't compared relatively favorably to the NIH levels. And I have an appointment next Monday.

Natalie: that's so funny, i've been feeling very trepidatious when my sweet tooth hits too! But I'm with you - I wish they'd just give you results either way -- especially once you've been called back for additional tests!

Yay for BH! I didn't feel it release or anything; it was pretty mild, but I definitely noticed it!

I can tell nesting is hitting hard... I just cleaned the bathroom (which I HATE doing) and have packed up cleaning stuff and a few things to take over to the new house tomorrow so I can get the bathrooms cleaned and shower rods/curtains up while I wait for furniture delivery. I know this resurgence of energy isn't going to last much longer, so I want to take advantage of it while I have it! And I figure having usable bathrooms the day we move will be a big bonus. I'm also going to have clean sheets, etc. over there to put on our bed right away that night in case I don't have energy for anything more than that by May.

DH and I have a collection of rubber ducks that we were given (ad nauseum) after we picked out a duckie shower curtain for our first apartment on a whim. I've decided the kiddo's bathroom is going to get the ducks. Just bought a new ($7!!) shower curtain and a duckie nightlight for that one. Ours will just get what we already have in the bathroom at this house. There's plenty to spend money on (like the couch, washer, and dryer we just bought...), don't need to spend TOO much money that isn't necessary, too! I can't wait to set up the baby furniture soon!

Make a pregnancy ticker

I am one of those that really wants to hear the results either way. And I am feeling you on the sweet tooth - mine has been off the charts during my pregnancy!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

The good news: With just one very slightly high number, the docs determined that I passed the Glucose Tolerance Test (3-hr) and that, while I might not want to binge on carbs and simple sugars, I'm totally fine. Yay!

More good news: My iron levels were high enough! No anemia!! They were just 11.4 and 11 is the cut-off, but they said to just keep taking the pre-natal with iron if I can stomach it and I should be fine. Hooray!!! It is making me slightly less "regular," but NOTHING like it was on zofran. If I keep pumping the high fiber carbs and fresh fruits/veggies, that should help.

More good news: 31 weeks! I can hardly believe we're into single digits of weeks left! DH and I are planning to go over to the new house this weekend and assemble the daybed, crib, and dresser/changer in the baby's room. (We had to get a new frame for our daybed because we love having one, but the old one that I've had since HS won't survive another move.) It has to be ready right away for my MIL to sleep on when she comes to help us unpack two days after we move in! The new washer & dryer arrive on Friday, too!

The "ugh" news: I've been waking up with so much hip pain the last two mornings. I MUST MUST MUST do my full yoga workout today and, thank goodness, I have a massage appointment tomorrow. BUT, I also am getting a cold, so say a little prayer that it goes away and I can have my massage as scheduled. I think a nap and hot (not too hot) bath are also going to be on my list for today.

I also woke up in the wee hours of the morning with what felt like AF cramps on the lower left side of my abdomen. Think that's round ligament pain? Contraction? Or just gas? It was enough to wake me up, but I got up and walked to the bathroom to pee, and it subsided. I must have also be having a BH this morning when I got up. My belly was rock hard and just felt a little uncomfortable. I've only had a couple that I've noticed, but I think that may have been one. Waffle has been moving this morning a bit, so I'm not concerned that the AF-type cramp portends anything particularly bad. I think I'm going to stock up on bananas today to see if some extra potassium might help with my legs getting so tight overnight.

Has anyone else had food cravings resurface during 3rd trimester? Not as severe as 1st, but my craving for chicken wings resurfaced the other day (!!) and yesterday I ate half a container of unsweetened applesauce! This morning I was pissed that I finished it because I wanted it again!

That's about it from here. I just hadn't said much for a while. I have a major work deadline on Friday, then I'll go into crazy packing mode for the move on the 6th.

Make a pregnancy ticker

that you passed the glucose test and your iron levels are good! My iron levels must have really dropped after my surgery and these iron pills have been an adjustment and hard to stomach so it is good you can stay on your prenatals.

As for your cramps, I got them when my bladder was full so yours could have been brought on by you needing to use the restroom. I had horrible cramps in my legs this pregnancy and my dr suggested I up my calcium dosage from 500mg a day to 1500 and it worked - not one more cramp.

I started craving food - sweets - in the third tri, especially at bedtime. So I think that is totally normal. Baby is focused on putting on fat/weight in the end.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Yay to 31 weeks! I have with full bladder and even an unusual pain.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

34w2d, and all is well! I can't believe it's getting so close!

I had my 34 week appointment yesterday, and everything looked great. I had a tiny bit of protein in my urine, so they're going to keep an eye on that, but no headaches and BP looks great. (When they did the BP on the automated machine it was 134 over something, but then they retook in manually because that was high for me and it was 118/63, which is more like it!) I'm measuring right on schedule.

I did find out that they're going to induce in my 40th week if I don't go into labor on my own, which I'm fine with. They said if I'm still pregnant at my 39 weeks appt, they'll just go ahead and put something on the schedule so it's there if needed. Works for me!

We're getting settled in our new place, which I love. The baby's room is pretty much finished, which is great. It looks awesome. I'm washing NB and 0-3 month clothes, blankets, towels and sheets for the little guy now and putting them all away in the dresser. I love it! And those socks... they're so little!!

As for symptoms, it's just pretty normal stuff: hips, swollen ankles/feet, tightness in my legs, and achy hands.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Glad to hear you are doing well! Funny they don't even test my urine despite saying I have high BP.
    Hope the rest of unpacking goes fast for you! I still have stuff here and there which need to find place. And I have t even started thinking about baby clothes!

Happy to hear you are both doing well! It's so exciting to get all the baby clothes ready
    [/URL]

T-1 month!!

Just ordered the second car seat base and starting to gather things for the hospital bag! My last major work deadline is next Wednesday, then I should be able to sleep, relax, nest, etc.

Yay!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Awesome!!! You are almost full term. I just received diapers and waiting for clothes.

Yay Sara!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Was someone talking about feeling like their pubic bone almost felt bruised? It's happened on and off to me, but last night i tried to adjust my legs on the couch and it was quite uncomfortable! Still just off and on, but I was trying to remember what others had said about this...

Make a pregnancy ticker

One of the early SPD feelings.

I hope you don't get the stupid sharp pain from rolling over, walking or trying to move your legs too far apart/awkwardly apart. That's my favorite.

Hope it isn't too bad for you. Hugs

Thanks, ladies! The bruising feeling really isn't too bad -- just here and there, and my doctor opined today that it could even actually *be* bruising since the little guy is getting strong enough to put some pressure on the pretty thin layer of muscle if he kicks hard. It has seemed more noticable the last couple of days, but not severe at this point. Fingers crossed.

I had my 36-week check up today. Can't believe it's time to go every week! They did my GBS swab and checked my cervix. I'm 1cm dilated and 50-60% effaced, -3 station. As she pointed out, all it really means is that my body knows its supposed to start getting ready! Yay, body! It was kind of exciting to hear her say that things were starting to change, even though I know I could stay at these measurements for another 3-4 weeks!

I had lost 2 lbs, but considering I was quite swollen from moving at my last appointment, I'm not too surprised. Seems like the doc's guess early on that I was gaining early, but would slow way down in the 3rd trimester was right. Baby's heartbeat was LOUD and strong in the 140s. And I'm measuring right on schedule. Do those measurements correlate in any way to baby size, or are they just measuring the size/placement of your uterus?

Onward and upward. Work deadline tomorrow, then I'm starting to phase toward "maternity leave." I need to write the syllabus and order books for the class I'm teaching next fall and my two thesis students defend next week, but no more major projects. I've worked 70 hours in the last week and I CANNOT do that again. I'm ready to finish nesting and get some downtime, hopefully, before my little guy makes his appearance.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Uh oh. The pubic bone pain is getting worse. ��

Make a pregnancy ticker

What field are you in?

It could be a combo of baby position and late spd. I know my pain lessens and worsens based on baby position. Hopefully you won't have to deal with it too much longer!!

Hope you get some time to rest and relax before you can't really enjoy it!

His exciting that there is some progress!

You are getting so close! everything is uncomfortable those last few weeks.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Natalie- I'm in arts administration. Also, I think you must be right about baby position. The discomfort comes and goes and also seems partially related to how much I'm on my feet and which stretches I do at night.

Mariah- I'm hanging in pretty well I think! Hard to believe I'm past the 37 week mark.

I have a check-up today. I'm hoping they'll check to see if I've progressed from last week, though I'm still hoping for another couple of weeks before the little guy arrives. I'm tying up loose ends so there aren't things hanging over my head and I can just be with my baby!! Of course, we'll be ecstatic no matter when he comes.

Now if I could just convince him that 5 am is not the best time to wake up and play. Hahaa! I have a feeling that's gonna be reality for a while!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Congratulations on full term! Hope he comes when you want him to come!!!

for full term!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Wow, full term Sara!!!! I hope he waits a couple of weeks for you to be ready!

38 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe it! My appt is at 9:15 tomorrow, so we'll see if I'm progressing. There was no change between 36 and 37 weeks. I have been having shooting, stabbing lower abdominal pain tonight. They can be very sharp, but they don't last long. I called l&d just to check in and they categorized it as lightning pain, as I suspected. They told me that as long as I didn't have any labor symptoms or bleeding, it was all considered normal. That's what I figured, but they're there so I figured I'd just call anyway!

I have been having TONS of mucus-y discharge, but tonight after the pains, it has started turning pink. I'm thinking it's the mucus plug breaking down and that maybe the pain is more cervical changes? Any thoughts?

We're very excited to meet our little guy!

Make a pregnancy ticker