Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa updates

Default Melissa updates

I know I haven't been posting as much for a while. I just haven't been online as much as usual lately. I do like the idea of everyone having their own update threads!

Anyways! DH and I have been together for over 6 years and we married this year on August 3rd (after a 3 year engagement). It took us a long time to marry because DH was sick for a while (bad colitis) and had to have three surgeries. We wanted to put all of our attention on him getting well again before we had to worry about planning a wedding. He had to move back out to Minnesota and stay with his family for a year and a half while he was having his surgeries at Mayo. It was rough living apart during that time, but I think it made us even stronger. He was able to move back to Colorado right after Christmas last year and it's been awesome to have him back again and he's also been doing well health wise. We both wanted to have kids, but weren't going to actively try (nor attempt to prevent) for one right away. I found out that I was pregnant almost 2 weeks after our wedding.

12/10/13: Went to our anatomy scan and they measured the baby at 0.7 of a pound. We had found out the gender at 13 weeks, but wanted it to be double checked. It turns out that they were right the first time! Baby is a girl! We are both really thrilled and looking forward to meeting her in April. We're going to name her Elizabeth. I will get the results of the measurements hopefully next week. I'll also find out if my due date has changed at all.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

Congratulations on a girl! My husband loves the name Elizabeth though we never took it as a name for.our girls
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Congrats on a little girl!

Sounds like you had a rough engagement. I'm so glad that your DH is doing better now and that you guys get to enjoy being parents soon!

Thanks ladies!

Brandi: It was really tough having to live apart from him and I was only able to be there for his last surgery (financial reasons). We really missed each other and it was a long process, but it was worth it. Seeing him healthy again makes me really happy.

On a sidenote! I went out and bought her an outfit today to wear home after we get out of the hospital.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

Quote Originally Posted by melis View Post
    Thanks ladies!

Brandi: It was really tough having to live apart from him and I was only able to be there for his last surgery (financial reasons). We really missed each other and it was a long process, but it was worth it. Seeing him healthy again makes me really happy.

On a sidenote! I went out and bought her an outfit today to wear home after we get out of the hospital.
    Oh my that's to cute! I love the little leggings! We haven't done an outfit yet. I wish so badly that I could find my sons going home outfit but I think I gave it to a girl in need makes me mad. But I still have my daughters.

Thanks ladies!

I can relate a bit - dh and I had to live in different cities after we got married for 3 months. Not as long as you but it was soo sad. And part of pregnancy went by without him which upset me a lot.
    Glad your dh is better now. And yay to the outfit!!! Picture please!

That outfit is so cute!!! I haven't even considered a going home outfit yet, so I better start looking!

So glad to hear your DH has recovered and is doing well. That is a rough way to start, but I'm sure you two have an incredibly strong relationship now.

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Thank you. We really do. I feel if we can get through that then we can get through anything.

I couldn't resist buying the outfit. I ended up getting the 0-3 month one because I have a feeling that she is going to take after DH's genetics with weight and height and be a tall one. I should find a newborn outfit to take just incase though.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

OMG so CUTE!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

OK I don't see the picture

Cheeksy: Awww. Is it just coming up as an X for you?

Update: I spoke to the OB's office yesterday and my recent blood test came up negative. The 20 week ultrasound was also my last, but apparently I have to go back in for another one in a month because they couldn't get a clear view of the heart. Everything else is looking good though.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

I just don't even see an attachment! Weird.
    Glad you are getting another ultrasound!

I'm excited about it. Was surprised though. The 20 week one was supposed to be my last one unless they really needed to do another one. I have a regular appointment next week and will just schedule my ultrasound then.

Here is a link to the baby outfit.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Child-of-M...t-Set/28392298

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

Gorgeous outfit!!!

Thank you. I can't wait to see her in it.

Update: Yesterday I was rear ended on my way home from work. There was some damage on the bumper, but it isn't really anything to worry about. I did call the nurse triage line afterwards yesterday to make sure that I didn't have to go in (even though it was a light bump). I'm supposed to just keep an eye out for bleeding and everything still seems to be good today. She was kicking around in there not long after the fender bender. I also have an upcoming appointment on Tuesday and will be scheduling my ultrasound then.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

Ouch. Must have been a very unpleasant experience. Glad she is fine! !

Cant wait to hear how your sono goes! Sorry you were rear ended and I'm glad that it was not serious and that everything and everyone is okay!

I am glad you and baby are okay!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I ended up at the birth center this evening because I started to bleed. They checked her heartbeat and monitored her kicks (and to make sure I wasn't having contractions). They also did a vaginal ultrasound on my cervix and everything is looking okay. She really didn't like the monitor on my stomach. She kicked the absolute crap out of it.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

I ended up at the birth center this evening because I started to bleed. They checked her heartbeat and monitored her kicks (and to make sure I wasn't having contractions). They also did a vaginal ultrasound on my cervix and everything is looking okay. She really didn't like the monitor on my stomach. She kicked the absolute crap out of it.

Scary! I am glad everything looks okay. my Baby did not like the monitor either. As soon as it was on she did the same thing. That is one of the reasons I want limited to 0 monitoring during labor and birth. It will just be distracting for me and her.

did they find a reason for the bleed?

How scary. I am glad that everything is ok.

So happy to hear everything is okay!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

It could have been anything simple. They said even the slight jolt from the accident could have caused it. If it happens again, I have to go back. Today has been looking good so far though. I also have an appointment today that I'm about to leave for in a minute. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    Last edited by melis; 12-31-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

How scary! So happy all is well and hope this doesn't occur again!!

How did your appt go?

Stalking...

Sorry! I ended up so busy yesterday and today that I forgot to check in on here. The appointment went well and we got to hear the heartbeat again. It was rather uneventful otherwise actually. She said my ultrasound from a few weeks ago looked good and she wants me to go back for another one in a month to look at her heart. I also get to do the fun sugary drink at my next monthly appointment.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

Glad all is well!