Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ktpayne87/Kim updates

Sounds great!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by ktpayne87 View Post
    Well I had my baby shower yesterday! It was amazing, my mom, mil, and sisters did an awesome jobs putting it together. I would say there was probably like 40 people there. And it was unisex so DH was there to enjoy it too and all our guy friends. (We provided beer and wine lol) I got a LOT of stuff but a lot was clothes and a lot was newborn or 0-3 months. I'm really going to have to go through them and see which ones to switch for larger because she is NOT going to get through them all! Got my boopy and stuff too which I really needed and also a lot of money an gift cards. We still need a lot of the essentials because we got mostly clothes, I figured it would be like that. I can't wait until we have new carpet in the nursery so I can start nesting!!!
    That is fantastic! Sounds like you guys had a great time.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Sounds like tons of fun and great presents!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Sounds like you had a great shower!

34 weeks today! 6 more weeks sounds like a lot longer than 42 days though. Lol. Little one sure has been pushing out on my stomach significantly, she's getting so strong. it's still going to be another 2 weeks until carpet is in the nursery, I really want to nest!!! At least I ordered my dresser which will be here around the same time.

I've been cleaning the house as much as possible lately at least but all the stuff from my baby shower is piled up in the dining room. I got so mad today though because I got a pack and play from my sister with a bassinet that he used for her kids. It has the thing that can attach to the side and make it vibrate. Well I put it on the side and the stupid thing cracked! It still plays the sounds but won't vibrate the bed. I gotta check to see if I have something else unplugged or if I actually damaged it. Ugh I had a breakdown from it and poor DH had to deal with it. Just starting to get impatient and frustrated. I want this little girl here already.
    Kim-26 DH-26 Figuring out how to be a SAHM!

34 weeks today! 6 more weeks sounds like a lot longer than 42 days though. Lol. Little one sure has been pushing out on my stomach significantly, she's getting so strong. it's still going to be another 2 weeks until carpet is in the nursery, I really want to nest!!! At least I ordered my dresser which will be here around the same time.

I've been cleaning the house as much as possible lately at least but all the stuff from my baby shower is piled up in the dining room. I got so mad today though because I got a pack and play from my sister with a bassinet that he used for her kids. It has the thing that can attach to the side and make it vibrate. Well I put it on the side and the stupid thing cracked! It still plays the sounds but won't vibrate the bed. I gotta check to see if I have something else unplugged or if I actually damaged it. Ugh I had a breakdown from it and poor DH had to deal with it. Just starting to get impatient and frustrated. I want this little girl here already.

Yes! Omg I think we have the same pack and play. Mine did not crack. But I really identify with your frustrations. I am getting a really short fuse for frustrations. And just generally cranky. All the swelling and general lake of ability ot bend or do anything is not helping. We are almost there. I keep chanting that to myself in hopes I feel better.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Yes! Omg I think we have the same pack and play. Mine did not crack. But I really identify with your frustrations. I am getting a really short fuse for frustrations. And just generally cranky. All the swelling and general lake of ability ot bend or do anything is not helping. We are almost there. I keep chanting that to myself in hopes I feel better.

Yay for 34 weeks!

I told my dh just last night that 47 days sounds better than 7 weeks. I am sorry about the pack n play. I breakdown over just about anything these days. I am impatient and ready to meet my little guy.

I told my dh just last night that 47 days sounds better than 7 weeks. I am sorry about the pack n play. I breakdown over just about anything these days. I am impatient and ready to meet my little guy.

Don't stress too much about vibration. Some babies actually hate it - both my girls hated vibrating seats as babies. Hugs

Well at my appt yesterday I had no change from the weeks before. I am a fingertip dialated, 60% effaced and -2 station. Unless baby girl makes huge progress, no baby anytime soon for me. I don't mind if she waits a week now since my dad and mil will be out of town for work. My mil would be devastated to miss the birth as it is her first grandchild. But I feel like I'm gonna be pregnant forever! 3 weeks till my due date now.

On a good note, DH got a job offer! Finally after 5 months of looking and not a moment to spare either with the baby coming. The pay is awesome, $20000 more a year than he was making before he got laid off so something better did come around. The plan is for me to stay at home but now it is so tempting for us to both be working and being able to pay off bills. My whole paycheck could go towards a car payment and could be paid off in about 6 months. But then we would have to put her in daycare and that's something else we don't want to do. It's so difficult. Also his job is a contract job so they don't provide healthcare and we would have to get private healthcare but if I stayed we would has it through my job. I am going to see if possibly my sister who is a stay at home mom might watch her for a while and then eventually after some time, I would leave my job to stay home. It's would put us in a so much better position money wise if we could pay off my car and the Harley and have just the truck payment.

Hang in there! The time will fly by and before you know it you will have your baby in your arms.

So happy to hear your DH found a job and one that pay better as well! That is awesome news! I am also thinking of staying home but there are so many pluses to having my own job. My DH's job doesn't offer insurance either and he works on commission/salary which means his base pay does not cover our expenses. So there is a lot to consider when decided whether to work or stay home. Now that I have Elek here it is making it that much more difficult a decision!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

I loved that things worked out and you get your dream job too! SAHM!

I hope you figure it all out soon. Either way great that dh got a better job!

Congratulations on your DH's new job, that is great news!!!! A fingertip dilated is a start, keep us posted

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Well I had my 39 week appt today just a couple days shy of 39 weeks. I was still 2-3 cm dialated and about 60% or so effaced. But he did say that she has dropped quite a bit. He stripped my membranes and so far not too many contractions but definitely had my bloody show with plug. I'm hoping this is the start of something but starting to get my hopes up . so ready for this little girl.

Bloody show is great! I bet you will start contractions tomorrow.

That is great you had your bloody show. hopefully that is the start of something for you!

not long now momma!!!!!

Super excited for you and hoping you'll be holding your sweetie in your arms very soon !

I know the waiting can be so hard !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Had a bloody show 3 times but still nothing. Had some contractions this morning but then it stopped. I slept for 2 hours last night because I was so restless. DTD with husband this morning, hope it helps speed things along. My doctor thought I would have her before the end of the weekend, I don't think I will. I feel so negative. And like a biotch today!

Had a bloody show 3 times but still nothing. Had some contractions this morning but then it stopped. I slept for 2 hours last night because I was so restless. DTD with husband this morning, hope it helps speed things along. My doctor thought I would have her before the end of the weekend, I don't think I will. I feel so negative. And like a biotch today!
    embrace it mama lol I get negative as well about when my LOs will come. I start trying to ignore EVERY labor sign so that I wont even think of getting my hopes up! With every baby I'm fairly confident that this is the baby that's NOT going to come out....for sure this time I'll end up in the Guinness book of world records for longest pregnancy ! Yet somehow after they are born I find myself thinking "was I only pregnant for 10 months???" weird how our minds work makes me feel like a crazy women most of the time

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

Well unless I go into labor today, my doc was a little too hopeful. He didn't think I would make it past the weekend with being 2-3 cm and around 65% effaced and him stripping my membranes. DH and I dtd twice since Thursday too and I've been drinking my rrlt like it's going out if style. Sigh, baby will just comes when she comes. I just reallllllly didn't want to go back to work next week!!! We dtd last night and I had some pink when I wiped. I'm hoping that means my cervix is thinning more and the end is near! I just cleaned my whole house so she needs to come before it gets messy again lol
    Last edited by ktpayne87; 04-20-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Hope she comes very soon!!!!

Hoping today is your day !

I went into labor 5 days after they stripped my membranes .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Sounds like she's close to coming. Maybe she'll make her grand entrance today.

KUP! We need more April mamas to have their babies!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

;)

Stalking!