Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ktpayne87/Kim updates

Hybrid View

Default Ktpayne87/Kim updates

DH and I started dating 8 years ago when we were seniors in high school. We were married 4 years ago in 2009 when we were both 21. I wanted babies right after graduating college but DH...not so much. Our first year of marriage was rocky and counseling was a savior to our marriage. Because of us still getting stronger from that time, DH still wanted to wait to start a family. I got off BC pills in February 2013 because I had been on the pills for about 5 years and I wanted to make sure my cycles would be regular. DH finally told me he was ready to try but wanted to wait till the end of summer 2013. Our marriage is amazing and we are stronger than ever. I convinced him to at least start trying in early July advising that most of the women in my family can be trying for a few months or more before conceiving...well me not so much. Lol. We conceived in early July with the first try. July 18 I got a bfp! But the line was very very faint. On July 20 I woke up with cramps and had a bad feeling. I went to the bathroom and noticed bright red spotting. The spotting got heavier and started clotting and cramping more. I went to the er where they confirmed I had lost the baby. We were pretty upset but knew that there is a reason for everything. We were going to wait a month before trying again but still DTD in August, just not proactively when I thought I was ovulating. August 18th I woke up realizing that I was a day late for my period. I had one test left from the month before so I figured, what the heck. I took the test and bam! Right away 2 dark lines. I was shocked! I ran downstairs and showed DH right away who was pretty convinced with this test that we may have a viable pregnancy. I made the appt for 8 weeks but did have spotting the first couple weeks, but no cramps. Either way I was so stressed and have continued to be uneasy this pregnancy. Thankfully the last 2 days little girl has been kicking!! she still doesn't have a name yet but so far I'm trying convince DH to say yes to Evelyn Rose.

Next appt is next Thursday the 19th. I don't know if my big us is this appt or next. I hope it's this one, I want to see the 4d ultrasound!!!
    Last edited by ktpayne87; 12-14-2013 at 10:38 AM.
    Kim-26 DH-26 Figuring out how to be a SAHM!

I love the name!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I really like the name as well! So glad that your marriage is strong and that you were able to conceive right away!

Rose is my DDs middle name, so of course I love the name you chose! ;)
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Beautiful name! Looking forward to your updates this week!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

I love the name! Looking forward to the updates.

Good for you for putting in the work to get your marriage to a great place! Love the name, and can't wait for more updates!

I am so frustrated. Haven't dtd with husband in months because I haven't been in the mood and also I spotted after last time and it scared me to death. Doc said I could not have sex to avoid spotting if I choose but didn't see anything wrong at my last appt. Well I decided to try again with DH last night and I was very into it until he went to insert and it burned!!! It was so uncomfortable that we couldn't continue. DH said I was lubricated enough but very tight. I feel like such a failure today that I couldn't please my husband. After that he doesn't want to try anymore.

And also I'm getting freaked out because I have heard 2 stories over the last couple weeks of women losing their baby at 32-35 weeks. I thought you would be in the clear by then

So sorry you are running into dtd problems! I can tell you that the "tightness" is normal. It gets very swollen down there and can make it very tight compared to normal. I am so swollen down there I feel like I have elephant genitalia. lol And it just gets worse. I have not had any issues with dtd but I make DH use a condom because I blame his spermies for my spotting episodes after dtd. Right now my bump is getting in the way. Anyway, don't stress. Give it time and maybe your DH will come around.

As for the early losses, I also get upset by hearing those kinds of stories. It does happen, but it is very rare. If it upsets you then I say avoid it as much as possible and try to focus on feeling your LO move and tell yourself everything will be okay. Big

I already told you what I think about Dtd.

About the losses they do happen but they are a lot more uncommon. I know very few people who have experienced late term loss. If I think about it I get upset so I have to try and push it out of my mind.

I have the same issues with dtd. I have not been in the mood at all, and dh gets upset that I am not. The few times that we have it has been so uncomfortable that it hurts. I am glad to know tht the swelling and the tightness is normal.

Kim, I love the name you have picked out! I was going to use Rose for a middle name too if we ended up having a girl - it's my mom's middle name. We also hit a rough patch in our marriage soon after we got married and had counseling for two years. It completely changed our relationship and our marriage has never been better

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Well I had my appt on Thursday and what a bummer. When I got there they told me my doc was behind, he was the on call doc that day at the hospital and had a c section and a delivery. It took an hour and a half for me to get called back. When I finally got back there, I was leaving a urine sample when I hear them telling him he was being called to labor and delivery again. so I didn't even get to see him! I had a lot I wanted to talk to him about: my dizziness when I was biking, the pain during sex, my heart flutters, my weird cramps. But no, I got the nurse who just measured my belly and used the Doppler which I can do anytime I want anyways. well only good thing is my next appt I get to have my 3D ultrasound and it's less than 3 weeks! Jan 10th!

Baby is kicking a lot finally, usually in the afternoon/evening. It took a couple days of consistent kicking for DH to finally feel

22 weeks today, 5 weeks from 3rd trimester and 18 weeks to 40!

Sorry you didn't get to see the doctor! But good thing about all the kicking! Hope dizziness and other stuff are just normal *side effects*!

Sorry you weren't able to see your doctor. You should of talked to the nurse about your concerns and had them pass it onto the doctor. That's what they do at my office.

So I twisted my ankle on ice yesterday when getting to my car. Thankfully I caught my door handle and didn't fall forward and hurt the baby. I went to work anyways and then had to leave halfway though as my ankle was going numb. So I elevated it and iced it at home. Feeling better today but I'll make sure to wrap it.

DH still hasn't found a job. Fingers crossed for January as the holidays will be over. Him having a job will take a lot of weight of my shoulders because at least then I have the option of quitting my job!

I feel you pain. Pulled muscles are the worst. I will send heal fast vibes your way.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Hugs. I twisted my ankle with my 1st and it took me forever to feel better. Hope heals quick! Hugs

Hope your ankle feels better soon. Being pregnant in the winter can be dangerous for that reason! My dh doesn't let me walk out to the mailbox because he's afraid I will fall.

Had my anatomy ultrasound on Friday and it was awesome to see little girl She is measuring a little over a week ahead for length and weight at this time. I myself was a large baby, I was 2 weeks early and 8 pounds 6 oz. she was being very stubborn and would not let us look at her face with the 4d very often. The doc kept prodding my stomach so you can tell that in the pic of her face she looks like she is frowning and annoyed lol. Confirmed it was definitely a girl as well. It was so amazing to see her, it's hard to believe there is a little person in me! And she is kicking a lot more the last couple days, and rolling too. I can feel her right up against my stomach too and then if I bug her too much touching she goes back towards my spine.

Also having Braxton hicks contractions, about 2-3 a day. Sometimes a slight painful feelings but mostly uncomfortable. Can feel my stomach start to tighten, it's so strange. Doctor checked my cervix and said I was not thinning or anything he would consider a concern so that is good to know. He also checked me to see if I had an infection as sex and penetration has been so painful. He confirmed I had a yeast infection and prescribed me medicine. DH is happy it is most likely an infection and we can try again soon DTD. Lol. I also got a flu shot, the doctor was not happy to find out that u hadn't had one yet.

My next appt is jan 30th and that is when I will have my glucose test. Fingers crossed I'm ok but no one in my family has ever had a problem with diabetes or gestational diabetes so I believe I'm pretty okay but we will see.

And lastly, I am no longer taking new claims at work before the baby comes. This means a LOT less stress on me before I leave. I'm so happy. What would be the icing on the cake would be DH getting a job soon so I know I don't have to go back. It has me pretty concerned

Here are some pics from the ultrasound:

Confirmed girl

Covering her face

Finally saw her pouty face

Aww! What a cutey! So glad everything looked good and you got to see your little girl. Good to know the pain during sex was from a yeast infection and that it will be resolved soon. ;) I hear that yeast infections are more common in pregnancy though I have only had one in my whole life so not sure if it is true or not.

Great news about your work situation! I am going to try to get a doctor note to get my duties changed at work. Am finding it harder and harder to go and the stress will only increase as the end of the school year approaches. I think my doctor will write me a note and when I present it to my boss that he will be forced to do something to help me.

Your little girl is so cute!

I am so glad that you don't have to take claims anymore. I bet you will feel loads better.

Oh ang FX you pass your glucose with flying colors!

She is adorable! !! Glad there is less stress at work and hope your dh finds the job soon! !!

I love looking at u/s pictures! She's defiantly a girl!

Little girl has made me very nervous the last two days. Not kicking much if at all. She's done this before though and then she kicks like crazy. I have felt some today, I think. They are crazy low though and that's why I think they are kicks but not sure...sigh.

Well she finally moved back up a little. I swear she is gonna do this 2days a week just to make me sweat a little!

Kayla move into a spot where I cannot feel her sometimes too... or she is sleeping. However she always passes her kick counts within a 35 min time period. Is weird. Most of the time she is really active. Some days she is a little more quiet. I think those are her growth spurt days.

Because its your first baby you will sometimes not notice the movements because they can be so subtle. As long as she's kicking daily there is nothing to worry about. If you do get concerned do what I said, lay on your left side and drink something cold or sugary and lift your legs up to your stomach. If you are still concerned then talk to your doctor. I was concerned with my DD and they did another u/s to make sure she was okay. All was well.

Kicking is only a part of kick count. Pay closer attention - you should feel movement like stretches, flips and just gentle moves. I mentioned before dd1 never really kicked. I kept worrying but her bum poking my ovary and her head in my ribs were indicators enough!

Well I had my baby shower yesterday! It was amazing, my mom, mil, and sisters did an awesome jobs putting it together. I would say there was probably like 40 people there. And it was unisex so DH was there to enjoy it too and all our guy friends. (We provided beer and wine lol) I got a LOT of stuff but a lot was clothes and a lot was newborn or 0-3 months. I'm really going to have to go through them and see which ones to switch for larger because she is NOT going to get through them all! Got my boopy and stuff too which I really needed and also a lot of money an gift cards. We still need a lot of the essentials because we got mostly clothes, I figured it would be like that. I can't wait until we have new carpet in the nursery so I can start nesting!!!