Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariah/ mariahpoo2 updates

I am so glad it was nothing serious. Just uncomfortable. My BP was 120/73 so YAY!

Going to get the last few items for my hospital bag today. Kinda feeling nauseous today again.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I am so glad it was nothing serious. Just uncomfortable. My BP was 120/73 so YAY!

Going to get the last few items for my hospital bag today. Kinda feeling nauseous today again.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Increasing period type contractions. And more tightenings at night.

Quote Originally Posted by mariahpoo2 View Post
    Increasing period type contractions. And more tightenings at night.
    It sounds like you are going to be one of the first in April to have your baby, at least based upon what you are experiencing. I am fast approaching 37 weeks and my baby hasn't even dropped. Of course, that is good being he is breech. However, I do have increased pressure on my cervix but nothing at all like what you are describing.

The swelling you are describing can be very normal. I know when I was pregnant with DD that I had swelling from about 32 weeks on. It was when it got to my face that it became a worry and then, of course, I ended up with pre-e. I agree that movement and drinking plenty of water helps. KUP!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

We are ready if she does want to come a little early. I honestly do not think she will come any earlier then 37 weeks. But I have a feeling it will be more like 39 or right on time. I had day dreams of winning Daniel Tosh's suberu. lol In the Nana Nana sweepstakes. You send in a video of a skill that you can do better then him and if he cannot do it better you win his car. Well I know he cannot do labor. lol But they probably have gender related rules in there anyway. And the submissions end on the 24th of this month. I don't think she will come that early.

All signs point to impending labor... however they would at this point I think. I think it just means my body is cooperative. And I will not have to be induced. YAY! Plus I also think it means my EPO is working. At 36.5 weeks I think we will do a little nip stim too. Not too too much. But with this swelling I don't want anything to go wrong and then they have to induce. I would rather go on my own.

I made up my mind to get checked this appt on the 20th. I am kinda exited to see if the af cramps are doing anything. They weren't doing anything substantial last time. I was still thick and closed (all tho not sealed shut like I was). I think I was just starting to open because of the infection and irritation to my cervix. I would be happy if I was just thinned out a little and maybe a fingertip - 1 cm. I will be 36 weeks the so I think that would be perfect. I will try not to be disappointed if I have no signs of progression tho. I know may first timers do not show much progress until real labor hits.

dble

I can't believe you're so close!!! Almost "full term"!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

OMG only a month away from my dd and 1 week 2 days until full term! EEEK!

Okay a little TMI but another sign my body is getting in gear for the big day. Loose stools. I have 5 yesterday and 2 already today. My system is trying to keep clear. At least I will not really have to worry about pooping during birth too much, maybe just a little. lol No BH last night while I slept. But on and off during the day they are getting less random. They come in groups of 4 about 20 min appat and stop. I get 3 sessions like that a day. Very very mild, but getting stronger. This is the coolest thing to experience.

Why do I get so many double posts!

Well now... My af cramps and back pain are pretty constant again. Baby girl is SUPER active. But I have yet to get any real surges associated with the af pains this morning. After last night tho... I am paying close attention. Last night was pretty intense. I know that we can have real contractions for weeks before real labor starts, but my contraction phases seem to be getting longer and closer together. I would be shocked if my body was not doing something. The af pains/ back pain is getting worse too. My sister only had back labor. And that is how she described it. Intense lower back ache that would not let up. I found a good way to describe the af type cramps that go along with it. It is like a bad headache in my lady station but the acheiness travels up my lower uterus. Appt with the midwife is tomorrow. I am exited to tell her all the activity that my body has been having and get a check! Wish me luck!

Can't wait to hear how your appointment goes!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

YAY 36 weeks!!! almost there just 1 week away from full term. Appt today! I can't wait to see if I have progressed at all. FX for me everybody. I want at least a fingertip.

Last night was horrible. No contractions. But I was sick. I am not sure if it was a bug or something I ate but I had diarrhea and nausea and just felt horrible other then that. I almost went in. Thank God I feel better this morning.
    Last edited by mariahpoo2; 03-20-2014 at 08:25 AM.

dbl
    Last edited by mariahpoo2; 03-20-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Glad you're feeling better! Almost there!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Yay for 36 weeks! Sorry to hear that you were sick. I have been having diarrhea pretty much every day. Thankfully not nausea. Hope your appointment brings good news!

Appt went great! I got my GBS they will tell me the results next week. She considers 38 weeks full term. So.. 1-2 more weeks give or take depending on which school of thought lol. Anyhoo... I am officially a fingertip, Babies head it down and engaged, cervix "nice and soft" and thinned out. They could not tell how much it was thinned without doing a less gentle check. But I am okay with that. I am measuring right at 36 weeks too! My check did not hurt at all. They are so super gentle there! I really love my midwife and apprentice midwife. They said to call them asap if I do go into labor because of the activity I have had. But they are hoping baby stays put until 38 weeks. lol I am guessing since they said that that they think there is a possibility of me going a little early. No contractions today. Even after the check. The EPO is working! They say I am doing perfect!

They also said that my period of contractions were great! And that is just what they like to see. My body is responding really well to late stages pg and I should have a picture perfect labor.

Sounds like you had a great appointment! Good that your MW is not rough when she gives exams. My dr is also very gentle. I didn't even feel her poking around on my cervix, though I did feel that stupid q-tip when they did the GBS test. lol Strangely after my appointment I have had no more contractions like I did the two nights before - slept like a baby, too.

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    Sounds like you had a great appointment! Good that your MW is not rough when she gives exams. My dr is also very gentle. I didn't even feel her poking around on my cervix, though I did feel that stupid q-tip when they did the GBS test. lol Strangely after my appointment I have had no more contractions like I did the two nights before - slept like a baby, too.
    That is so weird... well maybe out babys just wanted some attention. lol The only part of the gbs test I did not like was the butthole part. lol But that was quick and gentle as can be. I can imagine it being so much worse. It is so great the we have gentle care providers! I was scared about the cervix check because of how much everyone dreaded them. I will skip mine next week but will get checked at 38 weeks if I have not gone into labor yet. I can't believe how close we are to having our babies in our arms!

36 weeks!!!! And it sounds like your appointment went great Mariah! Sorry your not feeling well, but I bet you only have 1.5 to 2 weeks to go. It's crazy how fast this has gone by!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

I have af cramps so bad right now. Like the worst ones that I have ever had in my life... and that is pretty bad because I usually lay on the couch moaning, crying and eating chocolate. lol I know these are practice contractions. My midwife told me. but there is no way to time them, they are constant. This happens ever time I go shopping because of walking around I suppose. Anyway they are pretty freakin intense. I just hope I don't go into real labor yet. I just ordered my liquid vit K and it needs 5-7 days to get here... dang it. SO please FX that I don't go into real labor yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mariahpoo2 View Post
    I have af cramps so bad right now. Like the worst ones that I have ever had in my life... and that is pretty bad because I usually lay on the couch moaning, crying and eating chocolate. lol I know these are practice contractions. My midwife told me. but there is no way to time them, they are constant. This happens ever time I go shopping because of walking around I suppose. Anyway they are pretty freakin intense. I just hope I don't go into real labor yet. I just ordered my liquid vit K and it needs 5-7 days to get here... dang it. SO please FX that I don't go into real labor yet.
    Maybe try taking a bath? Will keep my FX for you!

Contractions are back and intense. Since about 12 this afternoon they have been coming every 30 minutes give or take a few min. They are averaging more like 20 minutes now. But he this could last days/ weeks. I am exited and ready if she does plan on coming. And I figure 3 days outside of "full term" is not too bad. All the same we would like her to stay in there until 38 weeks at the very least. But at least I am not scared to have her come. I know she will be just fine. I am going to take a bath and see if they diminish after I run to the store really quick. It is right across the street and I need some stuff for dinner.

The tightening Contractions stopped but my lower back is absolutely killing me and af cramps from hellllll! I am getting in the bath now.

Mariah, do you think the rrlt could be causing the cramping? I did a quick Google search on "red raspberry leaf tea and cramping" and quite a few posts came up about it. Either way, I hope the back pain and cramps mellow out for you for at least another week.

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Yay to 36 weeks! Hope she stays longer! Sorry you have such tough time - this must be unnerving! Hugs
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Melturtleluv View Post
    Mariah, do you think the rrlt could be causing the cramping? I did a quick Google search on "red raspberry leaf tea and cramping" and quite a few posts came up about it. Either way, I hope the back pain and cramps mellow out for you for at least another week.
    For sure it is the rrlt. That is it toning the uterus. You get more contractions be it real, BH or the af kind before actual labor. Real labor is supposed to be shorter, less painful and you are more likely not to go overdue too long. Oh and it prevents bleeding after birth. So many good things about rrlt.

Every time I start getting contractions I know it is just my body practicing... but when they last longer then the last set I start to think this may be early labor. lol I mean in a way it is. Very very early. But not true active labor by any means. That will not come on for another week or more. I am sure of it. Still does not hurt too keep an eye on things. Anything can happen.

Today I feel horrible still. I couldn't sleep well last night with all the back pain. Which got worse when I got up. And the horrible af cramping still. But today it is radiating a little higher up. Baby girl is super duper active. DH is going to be gone all day. He was in a horrible mood today so I am feeling depressed, lonely and achy.

So no Cramps or contractions today. It is super beautiful today. I have all the doors and windows open. Hard to believe it is supposed to snow latter... oh well that is Colorado for you. lol

So DH got awakened by my tummy contracting last night. He always cuddles me and puts his hand on my belly so he can feel baby. He said the contractions were so dramatic that he thought he would be taking me to the hospital! lol And I did not even wake up. I just snored right on through it. The baby would go crazy after the contractions too with squiggling and kicking. That is how she was yesterday too when I was having bad cramps.

I can't believe tomorrow will be 37 weeks and FULL TERM! well not to my midwife... but still! I cannot believe how fast all of this went! Now that I am here.
    Last edited by mariahpoo2; 03-26-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Full term soon! Yay!

I am feeling better today, too. I am still getting contractions but they are like normal, nothing like yesterday's.

Glad you're feeling better and you're almost there!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!