Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariah/ mariahpoo2 updates

Friends should really be quiet sometimes unless it is really a shameless thong going on. Sorry you are going through this. He married you anyway so you can totally ask him to leave it in the past.
    As for your sugar levels, I would still watch my diet because there is still 3rd trimester ahead where things start manifesting even more.
    I agree with sugary drink though. It is such an overload on anyone's body, normal insulin production or not.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

There is a block feature on facebook ;)

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Friends should really be quiet sometimes unless it is really a shameless thong going on. Sorry you are going through this. He married you anyway so you can totally ask him to leave it in the past.
    As for your sugar levels, I would still watch my diet because there is still 3rd trimester ahead where things start manifesting even more.
    I agree with sugary drink though. It is such an overload on anyone's body, normal insulin production or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    There is a block feature on facebook ;)
    Yeah.. I thought of that way after. I think would have thought of it before (idk with this pg brain) but this was the first time he popped up. meh

Update. I have been so sick and so much pain. Today I just felt like getting stuff done. Even tho I still didn't feel good. The house is sparkling clean, laundry done... I wish there was something to cook. I ran out of food. We have some odds and ends I am putting together. And I boiled some eggs/. Hope DH brings home good tips tonight. I need to but at least a couple of things.

And baby must be fully locked and loaded head down. I have major pressure down there. And my bladder can only hold a tinny bit before feeling so ready. If I feel it, it feels like a hard round ball. Very head like. SO fx for that. Maybe she is good to go an no more moving about.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

So sorry you are still in so much pain glad she is head down tho!

Sorry you are not feeling well .

Hugs. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Feeling a little better. But the little bugger keeps moving in and out of my sore rib spot. Officially 29 weeks tomorrow! And I had my dr appointment today which went really well. They had note in the computer that if I had good sugar levels and good NST they will let me go to 42 week natural and not bother me with induction anymore! I almost cried that I wont have to argue with them anymore. But I gave them a bunch of information and the newest and biggest test study on GD anyway. I only gained 1 lb in 2 weeks. Which they said is fine. And they were a little concerned with some of my fasting sugar levels. I really don't know why. I am in range. Their was 1 that was not. But I ate very late that night and had a lot of carbs. Still it was only 2 points above normal. So... I am not worried. I still cannot believe how fast the 2nd tri seems to be going. I know I just made it in a week ago. But it does not even seem to be that long ago. 2 days tops.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I think you mean 3rd tri! Glad they will let you go to 42 weeks. My OB told me today that within the last few years they have stopped in most part letting moms get to 42 weeks. I went to 42 weeks with my DS.

I think you mean 3rd tri! Glad they will let you go to 42 weeks. My OB told me today that within the last few years they have stopped in most part letting moms get to 42 weeks. I went to 42 weeks with my DS.
    lol Yes I meant 3rd tri. lol

With induction that is exactly what I was afraid of and what the 1st dr. said. They induce at 7-10 days over as "standard practice" in healthy pg. They dont want mother to get to 42 weeks. I have a really good feeling that she will come out before 41 weeks anyway. But it is nice to know that I am being allowed to go to 42 weeks. It was very important to me to just let things happen as long as we are both healthy.

Glad you are feeling better and that they are giving you a choice to go overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by mariahpoo2 View Post
    lol Yes I meant 3rd tri. lol

With induction that is exactly what I was afraid of and what the 1st dr. said. They induce at 7-10 days over as "standard practice" in healthy pg. They dont want mother to get to 42 weeks. I have a really good feeling that she will come out before 41 weeks anyway. But it is nice to know that I am being allowed to go to 42 weeks. It was very important to me to just let things happen as long as we are both healthy.
    I didn't hit 41 weeks with my DD. I was induced a few days before. I'm one of those lucky women who do not really dilate before Pitocin nor have contractions. I think I have only ever felt one contraction outside of being induced. Not even really have bh. I don't think labor will start naturally for me. I hope for your sake she comes between 39-42 weeks on her own!

1/2 way through week 29. I really need to change my ticker. lol Feeling yucky and gross. Worried and pressure that I don't have enough time to prepare for baby, but at the same time I am done. I cannot wait for this pg to be over. Honestly this pg has been too much for me. With the horrible rib pain. That being said, and I know this might sound crazy as all heck... but I cannot wait to be pg with my next child. I know I don't have this one yet... but idk... I think next time I will be able to enjoy it more without all the drama and pain. Not that I don't appreciate this pg. I really do. And I had some very special and memorable moments. But I just want it to be over. I am ready to hold my baby and not feel horrible all the time. I am ready to be my own person again. And I really want a doughnut.

May be gluten free donut?
    Glad you are still willing to go through everything again despite all pain and discomfort. I still find bring pregnant the better experience than early post-partum lol

Its different being pregnant with a 2nd or 3rd pregnancy. You will have been through it before and know what to expect. I hate being pregnant though. Just so uncomfortable!

YAY! I hit the 30 week mark.

That being said a lot of stuff is happening. Last nigh I ate horribly, a large fries and footlong hotdog from Sonic... I couldn't help it. I was so sick of being "good" all the time. But my sugars really reflected it. Alarmingly so. They were 192. I felt a kind of panic. So I really have to be on it. No splurges for me. Meh Meh Meh....

Okay so I have no been feeling the greatest. It comes and goes. In the mornings I wake up feeling fine. then about 45 minutes latter I am week and shaky, confused and faint feeling. Am I still have that feeling of malaise as well. Once I relax on the couch for a while I start feeling marginal. And that lasts on and off through out the day. If I get up I start feeling bad again. SO I am thinking of going in to the dr sooner then the 12th. That is when my next dr appt is. But I am feeling there might really be somthing wrong. DH says "you're pg, you are going to feel horrible." I try to tell him that this is out of the norm for how you are supposed to feel in the 3rd tri... but he going in and out of being concerned. I don't think he wants anything to be wrong so he doesn't want to believe it.

BH have officially made a "here to stay" appearance becoming more of a daily thing. They are not painful. Not like the others I have had when I was already in pain. Those were horrible. It makes me think the others were a little more then BH. But I can see how people say that they don't hurt, just feel uncomfortable. Or in my case just weird. I had 2 last nigh about 30 min apart. Baby was super quiet as we had been sleeping and I got up to go to the bathroom. I stayed there, a bit concerned that she was so still (thinking I had killed her by eating a hotdog) and then BH... it was so weird because belly tensed in a wave, getting harder then softer again but taking 35 seconds or so to do so. And then I had to poo I thought. This worried me even more because I thought I killed my baby and no I am going into labor. But nope. After the first BH she squirmed around. And I let out an audible sigh of relief. But I guess I had some adrenaline from the worry because I was awake for about 2 hours after that. I got to feel the other BH. If I had been asleep I doubt I would have noticed at all. And she squirmed and kick around making me smile and giggle that she was there. And I realized just how much I will miss her being in there. Even with all the pain. I read a bunch of birth stories then decided to do some meditation and positive visualization about my birth. Funny thing I noticed about that is my visualizations always end with labor being super fast and me barley making it into the hospital, or not at all. lol IDK why. I tried to tell myself that is not realistic for a first time birth. And visualize something more realistic. But nope my brain does this run away imagination thing and wont let me. haha... well The I just meditated on how long a first time birth really lasts. Thinking to myself maybe I will be in early labor for a couple of days on and off. Then active labor for about 7 hours, and pushing for 1. Still just pontificating here. But it helps me feel relaxed about how the big day can go. Wouldn't it be nice if my brain knew something I didn't tho? I would love a quick and easy labor. And I am planing on staying at home until contractions are 3-1-1 which might make getting to the hospital on time hard if transition goes by too fast. But I really don't want them to have time to mess with me. I would rather get there and deliver.

other then that my lower back has been just getting worse and worse. I really need a chiro visit. It is making it hard for me to get up or walk. So in the next week I will find a good chro. That I know will make me feel loads better.

Mariah it sounds like you need to go to the doctor and discuss with them the way you are feeling. When is your next appt? If you do not go in at least call them.

Mariah it sounds like you need to go to the doctor and discuss with them the way you are feeling. When is your next appt? If you do not go in at least call them.
    Next appt is the 12th or maybe 11th... I have to check again... but I am pretty sure it is the 12th. Yeah. That is what I was thinking. I am going to call and talk to the nurses and see if I should come in asap. I am pretty sure they will want to check me sooner then later.

I have been getting BH contractions more frequently lately, too. I get them several times a day and always get them when I work out now. They are tighter than normal and more uncomfortable and noticeable. I am also getting more lower back pain. I have had to slow down when walking more to avoid them. This is around the time I always have to start slowing down so I am not surprised.

As for feeling ill in the mornings, do you check your sugar levels when you are feeling that way? It sounds like blood sugar issues and similar to my hypoglycemic episodes. that all is okay.

As for your meditation, I would worry that visualizations this early on may actually bring labor earlier, but that is just me.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

I have noticed som braxton hicks contractions as well. They aren't painful, just weird feeling.

I'm getting a lot of BH as well, but you need to get yourself to the doctor and find out why your feeling so crummy lately

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

So I ended up going in today. I called the nurse and she said come in now. Everything checked out fine while I was there. They said my symptoms sound concerning but blood pressure and blood sugar were fine. Which were there 2 major concerns. I am not surprised tho. I didn't really feel like I had high blood pressure at the time. They want me to keep my regular appointment next week where they will do an A1C blood test. They said they can see sugar levels over the past 2-3 months? Baby was doing great. I am now measuring a little small 29 weeks. But they said that was fine. They said to just take it easy and be sure to drink lots of water. They said sometimes it is normal to feel absolutely horrible during the 3rd tr. And that it may be just stress. But if I start feeling really bad come back in. They also did not freak out about last nights sugar level of 192. The normal range ends at 120... so I freaked out, I told them I knew it would be high because I ate very poor. And they just said "yeah... that will happen." They were more concerned if I had any kind of pattern of sugars getting higher. Which... there really isn't. As long as I eat well my sugars are fine. I had been getting more lax and going slightly higher with carbs effecting me more recently. As long as I am strict and at least do some walking they are fine. I have to remember to take my chromium too because I noticed that helps make my sugars a really good level.

As far as low blood sugar goes, I take my sugar 4X a day. One of them is a fasting right when I wake up. My sugars are never too low. Right between 80 and 94 as far as fasting levels go. They said If I feel bad check my sugar and it should never get lower then 60. If it gets that low eat something immediately and call them because it is a sign of anemia. But my day sugars are usually between 85 and 120. And mostly around 90-118.

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    I have been getting BH contractions more frequently lately, too. I get them several times a day and always get them when I work out now. They are tighter than normal and more uncomfortable and noticeable. I am also getting more lower back pain. I have had to slow down when walking more to avoid them. This is around the time I always have to start slowing down so I am not surprised.

As for feeling ill in the mornings, do you check your sugar levels when you are feeling that way? It sounds like blood sugar issues and similar to my hypoglycemic episodes. that all is okay.

As for your meditation, I would worry that visualizations this early on may actually bring labor earlier, but that is just me.
    I am not to worried about early labor for some reason. Just that one time last night when the baby was not moving at first. lol But other then that I am more concerned at going over still. I know I shouldn't be... I am 10 weeks away. It an irrational fear for sure. And the visualizations help me feel more calm. If I start to get BH a lot and intensifying I will back off until 34 or so weeks. You definitely gave me something to think about.

Glad you went in. Sorry they don't know what's going on. Yes the a1c will measure your blood sugar over the last 3 months,

So glad you went in and get to go again next week! Sounds like a lot to take in. Hope you don't get any more episodes. Visualising is always fine for me - it all depends what you really visualize and wish for!

I have felt fine today so far. Well... as fine as can be. As far as my pg goes I just have the regular discomforts of pg which I would take any day over what I have been feeling like.

I am glad that you are feeling better

I feel like turtle poop today. 3rd trimester really is the worst. I would have to say so far... this pg I have felt the best between 12-18 weeks. And the first trimester really was not too bad really. If I was not going though all that stress I may have enjoyed it more. I am feeling way more nauseous in the 3rd then the 1st. On top of it my lower back hurting, my middle back where that messed up rib is, the front where the rib is are all in pain. Headaches, restrictive diet, nausea, tried, cannot move well... and on top of it just the general "not well, something is not right" malaise. I guess the malaise is stress related. Stress can manifest physically too. Not that anything in my life is really horrible right now. Just normal baby is coming stress. And we have wonted her so bad for so long it just makes me extra on edge about having everything ready and perfect.

I am sorry you are feeling so crummy. I am starting to feel that way too. I am just starting to get uncomfortable. He is sitting on my bladder more and more so I feel like I always have to pee. Plus with having a cough, I have to make sure my bladder is always empty otherwise if I cough too hard I pee a little bit. Oh the joys of pregnancy LOL

Quote Originally Posted by swalt01 View Post
    I am sorry you are feeling so crummy. I am starting to feel that way too. I am just starting to get uncomfortable. He is sitting on my bladder more and more so I feel like I always have to pee. Plus with having a cough, I have to make sure my bladder is always empty otherwise if I cough too hard I pee a little bit. Oh the joys of pregnancy LOL
    I am so glad that I have yet to have the pee thing yet. Knock on wood it never happens. lol Good luck mariah. lol

I have had some strong and more then uncomfortable BH this morning. This was more of a cramping feeling along with the tightening. FX it is nothing to be concerned over. I am starting to worry this baby wants to come early rather then late.

Quote Originally Posted by mariahpoo2 View Post
    I am so glad that I have yet to have the pee thing yet. Knock on wood it never happens. lol Good luck mariah. lol

I have had some strong and more then uncomfortable BH this morning. This was more of a cramping feeling along with the tightening. FX it is nothing to be concerned over. I am starting to worry this baby wants to come early rather then late.
    Hopefully she will stay in there a while longer. IF she can just hold out for another 7 weeks! The pee thing is not fun at all. I think I am going to have to get some panty liners just to be safe.