Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariah/ mariahpoo2 updates

Fx they stick and you have your lo soon

They died down again. Better luck tomorrow maybe?
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Eek. What a tough waiting game! !!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    eek. What a tough waiting game! !!!
    ^^^this!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Sheesh! What a tough wait Mariah! You're so strong to! Already sitting through 1 min long...even medium (5-6 pain level) is pretty strong! I never have anything last 1 min until I'm over 4 cent. So I really hope you have great progression! When do you get seen again?
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Thank you for everyone's support! Really I feel great. I don't mind the contractions at all. Most of them are 1 min or longer... but some are just woosey 30 second ones. They went back and forth between mild to medium. I have a really high pain tolerance. And while some of them I can see would be pretty "painful" to some people... I am not registering them really as pain. Is that because of all the mediation and practice? I really don't know. Sometimes I do say "Ooowwwwie" but I really do not know what else to say... it is quite a bit of pressure and very intense at times. Well and sometimes like yesterday the pressure is not just that dull ache that starts in the back and wraps around the front... it is accompanied by a "pain" but hard to describe... if feels like a sharp pain in my cervix, butt and lady station while at the same time pressure. I was so exited yesterday for it going on and on. I was thinking that it would start to get more intense and I would be going in! After all 17 hours straight of mild to medium contractions... you think things are going to pick up. lol

I feel like nothing is going to happen today. I have not had any contractions since last night. I think I will get some. Maybe another test run. I feel like my body is practicing for the big day. And I feel like all of the stuff I did to prepare really helped out. I also feel like because of all these mild to medium contractions my uterus is in great shape to handle active labor. So I expect it will go fairly smoothly. Idk if it will be fast or less "painful". But I feel like all the rrlt I dark really helped. It really does tone the uterus for sure. I am kinda glad that I have had this test run. When I start a work out program it is always the worst the first couple of times cause your muscles are like "you want us to do what?" But after doing it a few days it can even feel good... "the burn and pain" of working out. FX the uterus is just like any of our other muscles! Not that I don't think the real long haul will not be hard. I know it will be. But hopefully it is easier then it would have been without these test runs.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Next appt is on my dd!

Hopefully you will go into labor by then or have a very positive appointment on Thursday!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

FX that you go into labor soon. KUP on your apt for Thursday

Okay so I may be wrong about today. lol

About an hour ago contractions started at 7/6 min apart. And now they have been at 5 min apart for 30 min give or take. It is just I imagined this being much more intense. Some of our ladies said their contractions were not that strong until waters broke. So I guess I will head in if I am still getting them regular about 40 min from now or so. I am going to stick to the 5-1-1 formula. Wish me luck? I really do not want this to be false labor.

Good luck Mariah!!!! FX!!!
    Kim-26 DH-26 Figuring out how to be a SAHM!

So I guess it has been about an hour... I feel like calling first tho.

How exciting! Fingers crossed this is it! KUP

Right when I was about to call they slowed down! LOL figures. I had one at about 12 min then they went back to 5 min and under and now I have not had one in 20 min.

Anyway I called the hospital and they said to call my doctor (midwife). And I did... but they have a problem with the phone services. LOL! So they are taking the message there and going to have them call me. I am probably just going to eat some lunch and go run some errands. And see what happends.

Your body is keeping us on edge! I think I need to have a chat with your little girl in there....she is certainly trying to make a grand entrance!

Back from the errands. I still had contractions but did not time while I was out. They seemed more manageable and weak while I was walking around. Maybe about 20 min or so apart. But finally got a call from the nurse! Both midwives say that I should come in if I start getting the contractions back at 5 min apart. At the very least for a labor check to see where I am at. They said they expect me sometime tonight. They said regardless of the intensity it sounds like for the amount of contractions and how long this has all been going on I am in beginning or early labor. It may take a while for me to progress tho. So regardless if I check in tonight... I may not be staying. I am just relaxing now. I have had a few contractions since I have been home too. But I have not timed them.

Well, at least a check would be nice...it could give you a heads up on progression so you can labor at home without the wonder of how dilated you are.

That is what I was thinking too. However. The hospital is 35 min away give or take 5-10 min for traffic. And we are very very tight on funds and gas. I don't want to waste a trip if I don't have to really. But It would be nice to know if I am 3 cm or 4 or what... anything after 5 and I will probably stay. If I were to hazard a guess... I would say right now I am in the ballpark of 2-3 cm dilated. No way I am still at 1 with all of this. Anything beyond that would be amazing.

So many people have told me that their contractions were not really that bad or painful at all until their water broke. Not just here on APA... Is that super common? I almost feel like if I go in it I will be called a big dummy... I just keep reminding myself that I know what a contraction feels like because of the other hospital visit... and these are much much stronger. Just not anywhere near the fuss I see on the documentary programs and tv shows. It make me question them... and well vicious circle I guess. I mean on one hand they are timeable and definite contractions. On the other I thought labor, even early labor would be harder. This is SO much easier to deal with them my rib. I have a feeling active labor will be too.

Looks like a full moon baby might happen!
    I can only speak for myself when saying that early labor has never been a painful experience for me. I only felt bad pain after water broke and then only really at 8cm and up. I think IBS pain is worse than labor pain. Oh and c-section surgery gases being released through the shoulder is by far the worst pain ever!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    Looks like a full moon baby might happen!
    I can only speak for myself when saying that early labor has never been a painful experience for me. I only felt bad pain after water broke and then only really at 8cm and up. I think IBS pain is worse than labor pain. Oh and c-section surgery gases being released through the shoulder is by far the worst pain ever!
    Popping in to say that before I'm 4 cm it's always really easy for me, personally. I dilate very rapidly once I hit 4 cm, and with my first baby this was like a whirlwind/out of body experience-very painful but very very short. With my 4th & final baby it didn't even REALLY hurt after my water broke-he was like a PLOP onto my bath mat! Just saying both scenarios are possible-you could be dilating with these easy contractions or not. There's no real way to tell unless they check you. Labor can be very different for each woman and for each of her babies, though there may be some overall patterns.

Best of luck to you! I'm cheering you on!

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)

I think it depends.... For me early labor is not a big deal but I've never had it as long as you have. I think first labors are always different though. Like with DS1 I started early labor, nothing significant or timeable on oct 18 late night. The next day was normal with a few contractions that caused a deep burn in my back 1-2 an hour. Late evening on the 19th (I remember because I had friends visiting from Georgia and I excused myself) I took a warm bath due to more frequent contractions. At 9pm I pretty much knew it was happening. I consider 9-10pm on the 19th my actual labor start time because of the timing and frequency. 19hrs, 4 of those were absolute misery at the end, stayed at a 2cm for 14 hours of that labor. I was in the hospital for 6hrs before giving birth and I wish it was less. The hospital just changes the mood and roll of labor.

Hey girl! Just popping in to say that for me the early contractions weren't bad either. I didn't have pain with them until after a few doses of cytotec and nearly 48 hours of around the clock regular contractions. Even then the pain wasn't unbearable and wasn't a pain I could compare to anything else. I was mostly exhausted at that point because they had been so strong for so long. My entire torso would get so tight during a contraction that my back would arch up without me doing anything. It was very visible and nothing like my early contractions which felt similar to AF cramps but were timeable. Just keep in mind you could progress quickly out of nowhere so I agree to get checked if there's any question. FX it happens for you soon!
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007

Cheering you and baby on Mariah!!! Hope we have a baby soon!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Hope the baby is coming soon!!!!

Thinking of you and hoping it's soon !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Hope you are in labour! !!

Stalking, hope you went into labor over night!

No labor. lol Still having contractions but they are no longer regular. Last night they got down to about an hour apart and really weak. I give in. lol This pre/early labor is going to go on for ever. Where is beanpop? This happened to her to recently right? I am just going to lay back and relax. Rest up really good. And wait for things to pick up. That way I am good and rested for active labor... whenever it will finally decide to come. lol

Popping in from Nov due dates. My midwife always tells me if I have prolong prodromal labor its usually ( not always but usually) due to baby position and not being able to fully engage the cervix. Can you try positions to open your hips. Maybe see a chiro to align you hips and baby's head can engage and put pressure on cervix. I know spinning babies has some good stuff on early labor. But This article may help.http://thebirthteacher.blogspot.com/...labor.html?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    Popping in from Nov due dates. My midwife always tells me if I have prolong prodromal labor its usually ( not always but usually) due to baby position and not being able to fully engage the cervix. Can you try positions to open your hips. Maybe see a chiro to align you hips and baby's head can engage and put pressure on cervix. I know spinning babies has some good stuff on early labor. But This article may help.http://thebirthteacher.blogspot.com/...labor.html?m=1
    I was thinking this too...it usually means a posterior position for me .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels