Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariah/ mariahpoo2 updates

Pants, awesome article! Having 3 and not heard of this is always a great learning!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    Popping in from Nov due dates. My midwife always tells me if I have prolong prodromal labor its usually ( not always but usually) due to baby position and not being able to fully engage the cervix. Can you try positions to open your hips. Maybe see a chiro to align you hips and baby's head can engage and put pressure on cervix. I know spinning babies has some good stuff on early labor. But This article may help.http://thebirthteacher.blogspot.com/...labor.html?m=1
    I so wish I could afford a visit to the CHiro right now! I am sure it would help with labor. All tho baby is in the perfect position right now. She is low and engaged. My u/s confirmed both. I have been using the spiral technique to make sure my hips are nice and loose and to further babies decent. Excellent read tho!

UPDATE:
    No contractions at all after the few I had yesterday morning. I did have a weird pain last night. It took over my whole mid section. But it was just pain. Not tightening or pressure. No build up like a wave. Really hard to describe. Like nothing I have ever felt before. Kinda sharp pain... but all over. It only happened once. Thank God... And it lasted about 30 seconds. Is that more like the kind of contractions you guys got after water breaking? Or was that just a fluke... I am trying to prepare myself. Because that WAS painful. I need to up my focus if I am going to be going through stuff like that. it was about 7 I would say. Still very tolerable coming in 30-60 second bursts. But I need to get into that mindset.

I have been looking into Black Cohosh. From preliminary readings it has risks taking it before 40 weeks. After is supposed to be fine. Before sometimes leads to fetal distress and problems with brain function development. It is said to take black and blue together, but some say black and rrlt is almost the same. It works as a natural pitocin kinda... The leaves and stem of this plant contains estrogen like compounds called phytoestrogen that leads to the production of oxytocin which ripens the cervix and stimulates the uterus, thus strengthening the contractions and stimulating labor. It is supposed to work best to stimulate labor IF you have been getting contractions. Which I have. I am going to call the midwife and see what she says. If I get the green light I will be doing this today. As DH has today and tomorrow off.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I think the positioning was referring more to "sunny side up" vs rear facing. That's what causes the back labor anyway.

I've heard of using blue cohosh but not black for labor. I know Ina May uses the blue for her patients that are into herbs and stuff.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I've used black cohosh in my LP as well as a labor stim (midwife suggested it)...the only side effect I got was headaches after 3 days on it. It is also part of a labor prep formula I take during the last 5wks of my pgs (from birthjunkie.com if you want to check it out...never too late to start it if you're interested), but I've never had any issues with it so I'm assuming it's a lower daily dose.

I've also had midwives use a blue/black cohosh combo to encourage stronger contrx, but I had polyhydramnios so it didn't help (I was already in active labor and dilated to 5cm)...it was just a long, slow labor (but practically painless since the amniotic fluid really buffered the contrx). The concern with blue cohosh is that it can increase blood pressure...mine did go up a little, but still within a safe range.

After 24hrs with my water broken and no contrx my midwife recommended goldenseal which did seem to help and contrx started exactly 24hrs later (so 48hrs all together). She said she only recommends it to patients facing an induction though since it can't be used for more than 3d in a row without taking a break (can be hard on the liver, but obviously not as hard as the strong meds they're going to give for an induction).

I think the very best thing is a RRL decoction . It's very safe and has always brought on really good contrx for me. A decoction is different than a tea/infusion in that you actuallly boil the leaves/stems rather than just steeping. It's also very strong and nasty tasting, lol, so I just chug it . I boil 1/3c of leaves/1c water for 10-20mins, cool, strain through cheesecloth and chug. Do it 3x/d (if you can stand it). I also drink a quart of the tea/d in regular strengths the last 3wks...I ice it and add stevia.

I've heard, but haven't tried during pg, castor oil packs on your tummy can encourage uterine toning. I've done it during the fertility cleanse prior to this pg though...just involves saturating a washcloth with castor oil, applying to your low abdomen, wrapping your tummy in plastic wrap, and applying a warm (not hot!!) water bottle over top.

Anyway, I'm just sharing my experiences, lol, feel free to just ignore . I haven't had a single straight-forward, by-the-book labor so I feel like my mw's have tried everything (yes, I have even done castor oil internally at their suggestion...oh my word, would not recommend it to my worst enemy, lol) .

I know it's hard and wearisome to have so many days of stop and go contrx ...I tend to have a very looooong latent phase of labor, but usually once active labor starts around 4-5cm it doesn't take long at all if baby is in a good position .

Thinking of you and praying things kick in soon !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I think the positioning was referring more to "sunny side up" vs rear facing. That's what causes the back labor anyway.

I've heard of using blue cohosh but not black for labor. I know Ina May uses the blue for her patients that are into herbs and stuff.
    she has been facing right and back. Thank goodness not sunny side up! Black causes the contractions blue regulates them.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    I've used black cohosh in my LP as well as a labor stim (midwife suggested it)...the only side effect I got was headaches after 3 days on it. It is also part of a labor prep formula I take during the last 5wks of my pgs (from birthjunkie.com if you want to check it out...never too late to start it if you're interested), but I've never had any issues with it so I'm assuming it's a lower daily dose.

I've also had midwives use a blue/black cohosh combo to encourage stronger contrx, but I had polyhydramnios so it didn't help (I was already in active labor and dilated to 5cm)...it was just a long, slow labor (but practically painless since the amniotic fluid really buffered the contrx). The concern with blue cohosh is that it can increase blood pressure...mine did go up a little, but still within a safe range.

After 24hrs with my water broken and no contrx my midwife recommended goldenseal which did seem to help and contrx started exactly 24hrs later (so 48hrs all together). She said she only recommends it to patients facing an induction though since it can't be used for more than 3d in a row without taking a break (can be hard on the liver, but obviously not as hard as the strong meds they're going to give for an induction).

I think the very best thing is a RRL decoction . It's very safe and has always brought on really good contrx for me. A decoction is different than a tea/infusion in that you actuallly boil the leaves/stems rather than just steeping. It's also very strong and nasty tasting, lol, so I just chug it . I boil 1/3c of leaves/1c water for 10-20mins, cool, strain through cheesecloth and chug. Do it 3x/d (if you can stand it). I also drink a quart of the tea/d in regular strengths the last 3wks...I ice it and add stevia.

I've heard, but haven't tried during pg, castor oil packs on your tummy can encourage uterine toning. I've done it during the fertility cleanse prior to this pg though...just involves saturating a washcloth with castor oil, applying to your low abdomen, wrapping your tummy in plastic wrap, and applying a warm (not hot!!) water bottle over top.

Anyway, I'm just sharing my experiences, lol, feel free to just ignore . I haven't had a single straight-forward, by-the-book labor so I feel like my mw's have tried everything (yes, I have even done castor oil internally at their suggestion...oh my word, would not recommend it to my worst enemy, lol) .

I know it's hard and wearisome to have so many days of stop and go contrx ...I tend to have a very looooong latent phase of labor, but usually once active labor starts around 4-5cm it doesn't take long at all if baby is in a good position .

Thinking of you and praying things kick in soon !
    Interesting enough Black can cause low BP and Blue can cause high... another reason for taking them together. And I am going to try boiling my rrlt bags then. Probably going to add the black cohosh to it as well. Just waiting for the go ahead.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I am REALLY hoping to have her today. DH works Thursday, Friday Saturday... possible Sun... and we need every penny this month to make rent. So calling in would be bad. I am behind on all my bills too... bah. I have had a few weak contractions this morning. I am just hopping to get things going. If not... I PRAY I do not go until Sunday night or Monday.

Midwife said NO to Black Cohosh. But did not cite a reason. I talked to the nurse. They said they would rather me go naturally. But they are 100% fine with the EPo borage oils and RRLT... because those only ready the body, they do not induce. Disappointing but I will be fine. My body is worn out and ready. That who rib thing was too much for me.

Really praying for perfect timing Mariah !

With my last baby we were preparing to relocate 2.5hrs away (all soon to be 11 of us) and dh was already working down there M-F and only home on the weekends. I was due March 10th and our closing date was March 9th with a move in date of March 12th. At 38wks I had my midwife strip my membranes because dh was going to be home for the weekend, but it was a no-go. My water ended up breaking on Feb 28th, but no contrx so I called dh and drove myself to the hospital (lol, my m/w was not thrilled ). Anyway, dh got there in plenty of time (delivered on leap day) and it all worked out perfectly!

It's so hard not knowing, but things just have a way of working out...thinking of you for sure !!!!!!

Really praying for perfect timing Mariah !

With my last baby we were preparing to relocate 2.5hrs away (all soon to be 11 of us) and dh was already working down there M-F and only home on the weekends. I was due March 10th and our closing date was March 9th with a move in date of March 12th. At 38wks I had my midwife strip my membranes because dh was going to be home for the weekend, but it was a no-go. My water ended up breaking on Feb 28th, but no contrx so I called dh and drove myself to the hospital (lol, my m/w was not thrilled ). Anyway, dh got there in plenty of time (delivered on leap day) and it all worked out perfectly!

It's so hard not knowing, but things just have a way of working out...thinking of you for sure !!!!!!
    Thank you! Yeah I know it is for the better. I mean it was not guaranteed that I go into labor tonight anyway. lol And the more I think about it the more they see to be just not into induction at all. They are all about letting me go to 42 weeks. And really that is what I wanted from a care provider. The more I think about it the less disappointed I get. I am still being proactive in the ways I can to nudge my body naturally. We dtd and I boiled down some rrlt And it got much stronger. Thank you for that! It is more of an opaque brown. So we will see what that is like. I am thinking of asking again if for some reason I end up going overdue more then 41 weeks as an alternative to pit. But honestly I do not think that will happen.

BTW... YOU DROVE YOURSELF!!!!
    Last edited by mariahpoo2; 04-16-2014 at 05:34 PM.

May be taking a hike to the hospital will do something? LOL sorry, just kidding here - these babies are so strange when it comes to their birth. At some point they do everything to make us worry they will come too late, after all the hype is over, they take their sweet time! Kayla, time to enter this world!!!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    May be taking a hike to the hospital will do something? LOL sorry, just kidding here - these babies are so strange when it comes to their birth. At some point they do everything to make us worry they will come too late, after all the hype is over, they take their sweet time! Kayla, time to enter this world!!!!
    I know it! I am just so excited to meet her. And these games she plays. lol Not like she has anything to do with the false or prolong prodromal labor. lol In a way I feel kinda like I am ttc all over again with all this waiting and false start stuff. I know the real deal will be super exciting. I can't wait to experience it. So far it has been fun and frustrating all at the same time.

oh Mariah, it's been such a journey for you! I wish you didn't have to wait to meet Kayla any longer.... The good thing is, she will come out! I wish I had tips, but I delivered my boys at 38w6 and my daughter a few days before that. I don't even know how it feels to as pregnant as you. You have just made such a Great home for her.

I totally understand the timing thing! I wanted to deliver dd while the school district was on spring break so my younger sis could help with ds1. Thankfully it worked out perfect, so my fIngers are crossed for you and your DH!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

Laast night I started contracting at 7 min apart and they went to 5 and then got irregular so I decided to go to bed and try to rest. I think I was so tired that contractions slowed down. Then I woke up at 2am with some pretty strong ones. 3 min apart. Almost got to the hour mark then I got really tired again and the went to 5 and then 12 min... so I fell asleep again. I woke up a couple of times with strong contractions. And then woke up this morning feeling sick. No appetite at all. My muscles are all sore like I have been working out really hard. So we decided that DH would NOT go into work today. And I would go to my appointment early. They are at the hospital... so they will either send me home or over there. Still contracting. I just feel so horrible that I don't feel like timing at all. They are pretty strong tho. IDK what Brandi and I will do about updates if I am really going into labor this time. I will try to update from the hospital since we have internet... or maybe I can get DH to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mariahpoo2 View Post
    Laast night I started contracting at 7 min apart and they went to 5 and then got irregular so I decided to go to bed and try to rest. I think I was so tired that contractions slowed down. Then I woke up at 2am with some pretty strong ones. 3 min apart. Almost got to the hour mark then I got really tired again and the went to 5 and then 12 min... so I fell asleep again. I woke up a couple of times with strong contractions. And then woke up this morning feeling sick. No appetite at all. My muscles are all sore like I have been working out really hard. So we decided that DH would NOT go into work today. And I would go to my appointment early. They are at the hospital... so they will either send me home or over there. Still contracting. I just feel so horrible that I don't feel like timing at all. They are pretty strong tho. IDK what Brandi and I will do about updates if I am really going into labor this time. I will try to update from the hospital since we have internet... or maybe I can get DH to do it.

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)

GL Mariah !

GL Mariah !
    I honestly think your strong rrlt works. lol

Walked to dog... got everything together just in case. Contractions seem to be more like 30 -40 min apart now. I am forcing myself to eat some cottage cheese. And I had more super strength rrlt just now. DH is going to help me pack the van, and he needs a shower. And then we will be off to my appointment.

Yay for due dates! Hope it's your day!

Happy Due Date!!!!!!

I've had 2 babies born on their dds ...hoping the same for you !

That would be so awesome to have your baby on it's due date. Maybe at your appointment they'll tell you to head to the hospital. That it's baby time. KUP.

They are mostly at 3 min apart again lasting a minute and a couple of 5s. Walking still seem to slow them down tho. So maybe false labor again. What I do know is they are quite a bit more intense then last time.

Yaaay, increased intensity is good !

I've had pgs where my water broke so I went in and the monitor was picking up all sorts of contrx I wasn't feeling at all. I thought for sure I wasn't having regular contrx, but the monitor was registering them regularly . The nurses would even come in and say things like: "Wow, you *must* have felt that one!", lol, but nope, didn't feel a thing . So it's possible you're having contrx while walking that you're not aware of because they're happening in an area of your uterus where they're not as noticeable to you...just a thought .

I'd be totes encouraged with all the ones you are feeling though, woot ! Hoping and praying they kick in active labor soon !!

I'm back! lol Still 1cm... 70-75% effaced She said she had a little blood with this check. She feels that it is prodromal labor And I can go tonight or a few days from now. She said with the type of labor I am having just to relax. No long walks. I can bounce on my ball. But she wants me to sleep and just lounge around to conserve energy. She said do not worry about timing contractions. Because I have quantity, but she wants quality. If I can no longer walk or talk though them and I just have to breath and concentrate... then come in.

Great update...that's a fantastic amount of effacement !!!

Took a bath ans still had some strong contractions in the tub. All tho they feel so much better in then out.I got out because I am all pruned up. They did slow down but at the same time are getting stronger and more intense.

And question... how much bleeding is acceptable? It is not bright red. More old blood like a period maroonish brownish. I had a fair amount when I wiped before getting into the tub after going to the bathroom. It was as if I was starting a period. WAY more then the spotting I had come out with my plug. So much that I put on a pad. I am guessing this is bloody show... the other that I had was just... idk what.

I would think it was from the exam today, maybe ?? My mw always said to call if I was soaking through more than 1 pad per hour (soaking means front to back and side to side) or was accompanied by doubling over pain. Did you get any instructions about when to call? I had a sheet in a packet of papers my mw gave me that had all the when-to-call info and it had all the pertinent phone numbers.

Hoping it's a good sign !!!

Stepping in here a second I had bleeding through my active labor with both children the nurses were not concerned however, I do want to say it does not hurt to call and ask if you are feeling leery. I hope your little girl will be here soon.

I am not soaking through a pad... so maybe it is fine. I really do not think it is from the check.I had spotting with the check 2 weeks ago when I lost my plug. That was way different from this. And the widwife mentioned that there was blood present during the exam. She said she was expecting it with all the contractions I was having. So :donno:

It's from your effacement more than likely....baby girl must be really pushing down causing cervical irratation ( just a guess as this is what happened with my first) I was at a 2 for 14 hrs with very strong contx and was bleeding.

Just keep an eye on it, pay close attention to your girls movements.... Her kick counts should be the same!!!

I secretly think you will be going active really late tonight (well I guess it's considered tomorrow super early morning) your MW is right though, you will know what she means by quality! As the contx become nearly unbearable (I cry but that's me, helps me feel emotional relief) you will have a that 5 min gap in time but that true 1 min of unbearable intensity. Once you transition you probably will have 0 relief between contx

Mariah you have had a ton of action in the last couple of days! And yay for due date day!!!!!

I hope you get some strong, quality contractions that get you dilated soon

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/