Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heather/mainesailor Updates

I know that hip pain well. If stretches aren't helping, and they don't always work!, try this: get a tennis ball and massage into the tender pressure points all along your hips. It will hurt and feel tender, just breathe through it. Afterwards you will feel so much better. I do this every other day or so.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Thanks for the idea - I'll definitely try it!
    [/URL]

Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

The hip pain and pubic pain gets worse with each pregnancy. Not even kidding. I use a rice pack. I just heat it up in the microwave and as soon as I use it the pain almost all goes away. With my DD at this point I was seeing a chiropractor every 2 weeks for the pain. I'm not there just yet with this one but its a different pain with this one. I cant hardly walk after I've been sitting for a while.

Heat is truly an amazing thing. I haven't tried the rice pack yet, but hot showers are my best friend for loosening muscles. I've never been much of a 'hot bath' person, but I really wish I could take a scalding soak in the tub right now. I'm feeling better today thanks to the stretching/deep tissue hip massage DH helped me with yesterday and the pillow between my knees last night, but I will try the rice pack I have tonight before bed to help loosen things up.
    [/URL]

In the 2nd tri you can take a nice warm bath. I guess it is just really important in the first tri since you LO is so tiny. Baths have been saving my life.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Oh, pillow between my legs is how I slept after 20 weeks! This time public bones started hurting almost right away and the feeling is like yob want to keep your legs as far apart as possible lol
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Well the demo work is beginning at my house today for the baby's room My Dad and FIL are both there (while DH and I are working) building a new exterior wall with framing work to fit the new single door and large window that will replace the section of wall that has a sliding glass door to our 2nd story deck. They are going to be building most of it on the deck and then punching out the slider/existing wall to install the new section. Hopefully the house isn't exposed too long to the -5 degree weather before they can finish the rough work needed to keep out the cold. Then it's onto interior work - dropped ceiling, new insulation, interior wall, wiring, doors, etc. I'm excited for the change, but a little intimidated by the amount of construction work. It's not a simple as throw up a new wall/door and call it good. I'm a hands on person and would love to help, but with three men working on it this weekend I'm taking myself and DD down to stay with MIL for Friday and Saturday night. We'll see how much they can get done before Sunday night!

DH and I were just marveling last night at how lucky we are to have both of our dads available and willing to come and build a new room for our house. It makes us feel very blessed.
    Last edited by mainesailor; 01-23-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    [/URL]

Heather that's awesome! I hope that they can get a lot of it done before sunday so you are not living in shambles for long. Be sure to share pictures

That is awesome!

And your DH is very right, it is such a blessing to have family close by and close in your heart. It's the one thing I hope to give my kids that I never had.

That is awesome! That is so great that you have family that is willing and able to help you and dh out.

I would love to see it! I love those kind of projects. Sounds awesome!

How awesome!!!! We don't have an own house but if we did I could just see making so many adjustments for the babies!

Heather -- the reno sounds awesome! And it's SO cool that both of your dads are around and able to help with that kind of project. So cool.

Also, lame confession: I stalk your profile to see what fruit I'm going to be when my week turns over on Tuesdays. Banana tomorrow! ;)
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Love it Sara! I love we're so close in our pregnancies

I had my 20w u/s this past Friday. Baby was wiggling and did got a kick out of seeing lo sucking its thumb. I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance.

We worked on the construction project this past weekend and it's coming along well. Dd helped me mud and dh and I finished putting up the ceiling sheetrock pieces. I can't wait to paint and get the crib together. It must be early nesting for me but we have a lot to do before I can even paint. Thankfully we have time - my folks are coming in March and will take dd to their house for a week for a vacation for her. I'm planning on taking a couple days off that week and getting some painting done

Been having some tightening feelings here and there on the sides of my belly/bump... braxton hicks? I never noticed any with Dd but it was my first pg so I may have just not noticed/recognized them as BH perhaps...

Sounds like things are going great for you! I cant wait to see pics from your u/s!

Sounds like BH to me. I hear if you get a lot of them early labor will be easier. FX for that!

I'm feeling a bit off today :/

It's been a really, really stressful week at work with one of my new co-teachers being 'let go' and some hostile meetings I've had with my boss/other co-teacher. I'm pretty sure they are trying to get me out. I'm an old hat left over from an old director and I know my new boss would not hire me if I applied for my position today. She's just stuck with me. I met with HR about the stuff that's been going on and feel better and validated. Some of the 'meetings' I've had to have with my boss have crossed the line into pregnancy discrimination. HR will work on things. I'm also letting my midwife know about all the stress that's been happening at work for me and the increase of physical symptoms that it is causing for my physical/mental health. If need be I will ask for an early leave due to stress since I don't want this to effect my pregnancy anymore than it has.

But today I'm feeling kinda crampy and tired - like I just need to sit down/slow way down. I'm trying to listen to that to the best of my ability. I'm pretty sure it's just normal pregnancy stuff compounded by the stress. My lower back is achy - like the uterus is stretching and pulling forward and I've been more dizzy/lightheaded. After I sit for a while and take it easy the dizziness and exhaustion feeling stops and I feel more like myself. I'm trying not to worry that it's anything more than normal.
    [/URL]

I'm feeling a bit off today :/

It's been a really, really stressful week at work with one of my new co-teachers being 'let go' and some hostile meetings I've had with my boss/other co-teacher. I'm pretty sure they are trying to get me out. I'm an old hat left over from an old director and I know my new boss would not hire me if I applied for my position today. She's just stuck with me. I met with HR about the stuff that's been going on and feel better and validated. Some of the 'meetings' I've had to have with my boss have crossed the line into pregnancy discrimination. HR will work on things. I'm also letting my midwife know about all the stress that's been happening at work for me and the increase of physical symptoms that it is causing for my physical/mental health. If need be I will ask for an early leave due to stress since I don't want this to effect my pregnancy anymore than it has.

But today I'm feeling kinda crampy and tired - like I just need to sit down/slow way down. I'm trying to listen to that to the best of my ability. I'm pretty sure it's just normal pregnancy stuff compounded by the stress. My lower back is achy - like the uterus is stretching and pulling forward and I've been more dizzy/lightheaded. After I sit for a while and take it easy the dizziness and exhaustion feeling stops and I feel more like myself. I'm trying not to worry that it's anything more than normal.

I haven't been able to post often, but I am keeping updated with everyone here Our babies will be here before we know it!
    Last edited by mainesailor; 03-06-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    [/URL]

I went through that kind of stuff in my pregnancy with DS2. My boss was telling my coworkers that I was only going to take 5 weeks leave because there was too much to do and I couldn't be gone longer than that!! Most of her b.s. was behind my back to my coworkers, so I didn't have any direct aggression to deal with, thankfully. I hope it starts to alleviate itself soon. I'm glad that HR has your back.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Sounds like a very stressful situation and I'm glad that hr will handle it!

I am glad that hr is there to mediate. And I hope you feel better soon. kup

Happy 25 weeks!

I hope that HR can handle the crap for you so your stress level goes down. Try to be nice to yourself!!

Happy 25 weeks!

I hope that HR can handle the crap for you so your stress level goes down. Try to be nice to yourself!!

Hugs. Hope HR puts Then In Their Place! !!

It's been a while since an update so here's the news for me and baby

I'm excited to be 28 weeks and have now started the 2w appts with my midwife group! At last week's check baby was doing great, head way down and hb 140 LO has been moving all over and I love feeling all the rolls, bumps and kicks!

I spoke with HR at work and things seem to have been said to the right people since it feels like my boss has backed off some. My midwife said she will definitely sign a note for medical leave when I need it so that's nice to have in my pocket incase things get really bad. I have enough time in my sick/vac bank to take medical leave 6 weeks prior to my due date - I'm thinking I may take some of that so I can really come down from work before giving birth. Now if I can only get some interviews at other places so I can set up another job for after my maternity leave. FX I get a call back by the end of april to interview for a kindergarten teaching job - I would love to have a shot at it!

My dad was down the end of last week and I took wed.-fri. off so we could get some painting done. We painted the baby's room a light almond with a retro style strip across two walls in a rich blue, rust orange, pale yellow and light blue - It looks great! We also painted DD's room pink (per her choice) and I added a large stripe in dark pink, purple and medium pink on her walls. It's the kind of paint job that will still be 'cool' when she's 8/9 years old and not look too 'little girl'. The hallway and ceilings also got painted and things are on the way to being complete for baby's arrival! I can't wait to get the crib and other things set up so I can go through DD's room and remove baby stuff from her closet

I was also glad to be home the end of last week since DD woke up sick with a fever on Thursday and she could be home with us. Ibuprofen helped manage the fever and she enjoyed helping us paint upstairs. Today I feel icky though - my stomach is kinda queasy and I'm a bit dizzy, but no fever for me and hopefully it'll pass.
    [/URL]

Yay for 28 weeks! Sounds like you have been busy! Hope you feel better soon and that you don't get a fever.

Glad to hear you are doing better and managed to paint the rooms! Fx you don't get sick.

Oh I hope your DH feel better soon and you don't get sick. Sounds like the rest is great! You will be 29 weeks soon!!!!

Well my last day of work until after maternity leave is over is May 9th.

I can't wait to be out of crazy town and be able to take time with DD before this LO is born. I'm applying to every job I can qualify for and hopefully will not have to go back after the summer. At this point I just want a chance to interview somewhere. It seems I just keep getting 'thank you for applying we've already selected a candidate for this position' letters in the mail. Come on people... Give me a chance!

Anyways ... I tested neg for GD and am looking forward to my appt next wednesday when we get a tour of the ward. DH can't make it (one of us needs to watch DD) so I'm bringing a friend of mine who's training to be a midwife. She needs to attend two hospital births to get her degree and offered me free doula services. I'm more than happy to help her out and hopefully she won't mind seeing me naked and grouchy while in labor lol. DH and I will stop by another time so he can see where to take me when the time comes.
    [/URL]