Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heather/mainesailor Updates

Great update! Wonderful news that you are GD free.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on much lately, but I finally had a minute to update.

I'm out on maternity leave and DD is home with me. It's nice to be out of the crazy place I work and be able to breathe. I know it's healthier for the baby too - I've had less braxton hicks, swelling and exhaustion since being out. I have also been nesting big time - getting everything ready inside and out. I love yard work and it's frustrating for me to be this pregnant when all I want to do is go gangbusters on the yard and gardens. DH is also away a bunch right now as his sailing season gets started. I can't stand to see the lawn get long and meadow-like so instead of waiting for him to have the time (yeah, right) I've already mowed twice. I stuck to the flat areas and took a break when I needed and it looks so much better!

My last 2w appt is Wednesday and then I'm really in the final stretch - 1w appts until the end!

That's it for now... I'll post pics of the nursery when I have another minute!
    [/URL]

You are more than welcome to come to my house and do yard work. I have lots of weeds that need pulling lol. Glad you are going well and enjoy your leave before baby comes!

Nice to hear from you! That's great that you have more rest and yard work is fun! No yard here but I was hoping to plant some herbs on our balcony before the baby comes.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

I can't believe I'm down to single digits! Only 9 days until my edd and I am very ready for this baby to arrive.

Warning - I have to complain a bit ... I know that I should really be enjoying the last few days of alone time with DD and nights of (mostly) uninterrupted sleep (not counting waking to pee or help DD with something or other), but I'm starting to feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever! I just want my body back so I can garden, go out places, and just move around without discomfort and restriction. None of my maternity shirts cover my whole belly anymore now that I've dropped so if I'm going out in public I'm limited to the maternity dresses I have and while they are VERY comfortable I only have three of them. It's way too late to buy more maternity clothes so I'm stuck with those or squeezing into my only pair of full panel maternity jeans which are not comfortable especially in the heat we've had this past week. I've been having lots of intense bh everyday and the other evening had some pretty real feeling low back discomfort that made me wonder if things were starting up, but yesterday there was barely any 'action' and it is discouraging.

The bags are packed, lists made for 'daily use' items such as contact solution/make-up bag etc., and phone numbers posted. All my contact people are on alert and ready to go when needed. DH's business has started off the season well and he's ready to go when I call. Nursery is done, baby shower items are stored, and I've knitted 5 sets of light hats and booties for this LO... I feel silly making more, but I'm kinda twiddling my thumbs here.

Anyways - I have my 39w appt this wednesday but I'm pretty sure my midwife won't check progress unless I'm overdue lol. I know it doesn't really make a difference - I could be 4 cm for the next three weeks or 1cm and go into labor that night.

We've also settled on baby names for both boy and girl which makes me super excited to meet our LO. Our girl pick is Josephine Hunter and boy name is Maxfield Hunter - I CAN'T WAIT to see if we have a little boy or girl growing in there and to hold him/her for the first time
    Soooo let's get this show on the road baby!
    [/URL]

Hugs. I know how you feel! I hope the baby comes soon for you! !!

I'm crossing my fingers it's soon for you!

I'm rapidly approaching exactly what you're describing, Heather. Hang in there!! I hope s/he gets here really soon and that you have an easy labor, mama!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Too funny - yours was theupdate I read last before bed. Needless to say I went into l&d with you and there was someone else whom I never met (GenearI? Saramice? Lol ). In my dream of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Too funny - yours was theupdate I read last before bed. Needless to say I went into l&d with you and there was someone else whom I never met (GenearI? Saramice? Lol ). In my dream of course.
    That's funny! I've had lots of labor dreams but they mostly revolve around getting to the hospital rather than the delivery.
    [/URL]

I had my 39w appt yesterday and asked the midwife to check on my progress to see if I'll be 'starting at zero' or have a jump on things. Cervix was very soft and stretchy. 1 cm/almost 2 dilated. She said the cervix was still long, but that it is common in second time moms to have the cervix stay long until labor really starts (first time mom's need their cervix to thin and shorten more before labor begins). Labor could happen anytime and if I'm still preggo next Tuesday (my next appt) we can talk about a membrane sweep to see if that will work to get things moving. I'm pretty sure I will go without being too far overdue.

I have been feeling like things are happening slowly over the last 24 hrs but I could be wrong For one I've been feeling 'off'/restless more and have had a lot more bm's (sorry - tmi) - I had 3 yesterday and 2 already today. I also have felt tons of rectal pressure today - like I have to have a bm, but don't really. Yesterday evening there was more of the lower back cramp/ache/pain like I had Saturday night... I had to sway, massage and stretch down with my hands on the coffee table and my belly hanging down to get any relief. The full moon is tomorrow ... so maybe things will pick up with the moon....but DH has a very important day for his business on Saturday - he's booked all day for a wedding - and although his dad can take over if need be, I'd rather have this bean arrive after Saturday (as much as I can't wait to meet him/her AND want to be done being pregnant lol). My mom is hoping for a Father's Day baby

Right now I want to go for a long walk, but it's just me and DD today since DH is working and I'm not sure it's the best idea to take a walk down our very rural road if I'm feeling labor signs. Baby is active and happy - hb was 140 yesterday which is the norm for this LO. FX for labor to start before next week!
    [/URL]

Oooh! Sounds like you are almost there!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Hope things progress in timely manner and the baby arrives when you are ready!
    Bm wise I've been the same plus I always feel like I need to peexplain. My lo is really low in my pelvic area and I secretly hope I could birth myself... He is in such a perfect position!