Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heather/mainesailor Updates

Default Heather/mainesailor Updates

A bit of back story

DH and I met when we were 16 at a summer camp. We stuck together through the last two years of high school doing long distance trips from both ends of the state of Maine. We had similar interests and decided to attend the same college. Just before our senior year of college he proposed and we were married two years later since I didn't want to plan a wedding and go through student teaching/graduate at the same time. We lived together on a 32' sailboat after college for 4 years before selling it to buy our first home. During the boat years DH also started up his own seasonal sailing business (on a different boat) and I found good employment as a preschool teacher at a college. We started NPPing the summer we sold the boat, bought the house in September, got a dog in October , and found out we were expecting our first just before Christmas. We were thrilled and 9 months later our DD was born. We knew we wanted another, but also couldn't afford two childcare bills. We both needed to keep working so we decided to wait until DD was heading to Kindergarten before having another baby. We focused of fixing up the charming, late 20's house we bought and sold it for a good profit almost exactly 3 years later. We purchased our dream home way out in the woods on an island in Maine in 2011 and have enjoyed growing our lives there. DH's business is doing great, we continue to modify the property and have started the plan to add a garage and expand the house.

This summer we started NPPing again with the hopes we would get pregnant and have a June baby - perfect timing with my maternity leave/DD heading to Kindergarten. I got a faint bfp on Oct.8th and a very strong one two days later. DH was shocked and thrilled and we are both very happy. Life is interesting though as I am no longer happy with my work situation and so I'm in the process of starting up my own business. It's really scary, but will also be a great relief to be out of where I am and doing what I love. I hope to return in a lesser position at work after my maternity leave this summer and open my business this September.

We are team green with this LO and were team green with DD as well - we love the surprise! So far the first trimester of this pregnancy is a little bit different - more exhaustion, nausea in the evenings, acne, dizziness, emotional and (tmi) really bad constipation. But the last week has been better and I can see the light of the second trimester beginning to shine through
    [/URL]

Today is a big day for me …

I'm no longer in the first trimester!!!

Tomorrow I have my NT screening at 1:30pm edt and can't wait to see the LO moving around. I also want another peek at the heartbeat since the little stinker hid at my first midwife appt. Counting down the hours!
    [/URL]

Yay for hitting 2nd trimester!!! That's always a good feeing. Oh and how cool that you guys lived on a boat I think that sounds like fun!

Yay for the 2nd trimester. Let us know how your appt goes. That is cool that you lived on a boat for awhile. Not too many people can say that.

Second trimester is always better! How amazing that you and your DH lived on a boat! Sounds like and amazing 4 years! Maine is such a beautiful place! My DH and I will be moving to Mass. in 2015! We can't wait to settle on the east coast for good!!

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

Congrats on 2nd trimester! !!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Just had my not screening

Baby is looking great - hb 155bpm, crl 7.3cm and those little hands were moving around A good friend of mine is the sonographer who checked me so I have lots of good pics and a DVD

Baby did seem to be resting a bit and I had to walk around to get lo to perk up and move over for a clear scan. We also have a yoga master in there with the way lo was twisting, stretching and bending backwards lol.

We're telling DD tonight - she's gonna be so excited! She's been begging to be a sister for months

I'll post a pic later!

Yay for a great screening! How are you planning telling dd?

How exciting!! I can't wait to hear how telling your DD goes!

So awesome! I cannot wait to read more updates.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Here's a pic of the little munchkin! I totally fell in love today
    [/URL]

Awww what a sweet picture!!

Awww how adorable! !!

This past weekend was awesome! I'm feeling much better and have had tons more energy. DD got to spend the weekend with Grammie and Grampa - they took her on the polar express and she LOVED it! We also told her she's going to be a big sister and she was excited, but I think it will take a while before it really sinks in. She really wants to feel the baby move and see my belly get big - I told her it would take some time. With all my extra energy I had a fantastic Christmas shopping day on Saturday and got all the people on my list taken care of Last year it was like pulling teeth trying to find the right gifts - this year it all just fell into place. We had our first big snowstorm and have 8 inches of fresh white snow which should still be here for Christmas - I love a white Christmas.

On Wednesday I have my monthly appt with my midwife they may change my EDD from June 19 to June 16 according to the measurements from the u/s … and I'm officially needing to rubber band my jeans

And… only 5 more work days before Christmas break - I'm off starting the 24th and will be returning on the 6th Soooo looking forward to the break!

Here's a pic of DD when we told her the news
    Last edited by mainesailor; 12-16-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    [/URL]

So thrilled to hear that you're feeling better and I LOVE the photo of DD! Too cute!!

What a cute picture!! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Adorable picture! And yay to feeling better!!!

OMG you daughter is such a cutie!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Aw thanks so much!

My appt was unfortunately rescheduled - they called me two days ago to let me know my midwife had a meeting to attend at that time. I scheduled my appt a month ago so I'm a little annoyed.
    They tried to move me to monday, but I have to work so I have a 9:30am appt on Christmas eve day. *sigh* Oh well - maybe I'll bring DD to hear the heartbeat …
    [/URL]

Awww sorry to hear that!

I hate when appts get rescheduled. I'm sure your dd would love to go. My son was so excited to go to our big u/s appt and it was so fun to see his face when they said boy!

Merry Christmas everyone!

DD has been sick with a fever and some vomiting at night the last 3 days so I haven't been on much. We had a great Christmas and DD really enjoyed it despite being sick - she's been playing with her toys and making art projects.

LO gave me the best present on Christmas night while we were sitting down watching a movie - I felt movement for the first time! Two sharp thumps and it was definitely baby!

I had my appt on Christmas eve - everything was great. Only a 3lb gain since last visit and hb was 148 DD was there to hear the heartbeat and the midwife let her run the doppler

Hope everyone else had a great holiday!
    [/URL]

OMG! What a great Christmas present.

What a great present indeed !!!

Hope your dd is feeling better. What a great Christmas gift!

So great!!

I had my monthly appt yesterday along with my first centering group.

The midwives at my hospital offer centering groups as an alternative option to solo appts after the first trimester of pregnancy. Everyone in my group is also due in June - it's like APA dd rooms but IRL It was a good experience and I am looking forward to getting to know all the future mommies better as the months go by and our babies grow. I must say there were way more men there than I expected ... it was really crowded since there are 8 moms-to-be. DH won't be coming with me because someone needs to watch DD and besides it's really not his thing anyway. He and I talk pregnancy enough together so I'm happy to fly solo. I guess I was so surprised to see so many men becuase it seems kinda like a girls night out to me. We can talk about some pretty personal stuff during centering like sex during pregnancy and weird things our hormones do to our bodies and emotions. It's all confidential, but I'd still feel better if it was just us girls.

Anyways - it was a good experience and I'm looking forward to next month.

Baby is growing well (and so am I lol). HB was 140 and lo enjoyed kicking the doppler I gained 8 lbs since last appt, but it was also the end of the day - I usually get my weight taken in the mornings and I think it makes a difference ... I could just be fooling myself though So that puts my weight gain at 11 lbs since my first appt. My midwife said we all had the same reaction (this - ) to our weight gains but to remember that we are at or very close to the halfway point in our pregnancy. When she put it that way I felt much better. I'll be 18w tomorrow so 11 lbs seems pretty good to me for almost being halfway. As long as I don't gain 8lbs each month she said it's just fine

I'm feeling baby move lots now - mostly when I'm sitting or lying down. And I have to pee way more than I did a month ago! I'm up at least 3 times a night lol. It's been like spring here the last 4 days - I'd love it to last, but I keep reminding myself it is January... we still have 2 1/2 months of cold, ice and snow before I can expect any signs of real spring.

My next appt is the 31st for the anatomy scan. I took the whole day and DH is coming. It'll be fun to see DD's reaction to the ultrasound!
    [/URL]

Sounds like you had a great appt. that group sounds like fun!

What a great appointment! Can't wait for your anatomy scan!!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

I just have to whine a little - sorry for the tmi stuff ...

My hips and back have been so uncomfortable! Especially my right hip/lower back area. I feel like it needs to really stretch/pop. I've tried to work it out, but nothing seems to help. At the end of the day it's the worst and at night is starting to really bother my sleep. I'm going to break out a pillow for my knees so there's less pressure pulling down on my legs and hopefully that will help. It is the same hip that used to bother me when I started running. It eventually got better the more I ran, but this feeling is different - more of a stretchy, achy pull.

Also this LO seems to be lower than DD was and likes to rest right on my lower intestine and block up any gas thats there. It hurts really bad above my right pubic bone - especially when I take a deep breath in. I hope this baby decides to move up soon!
    [/URL]