Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Melturtle's Updates

Default Melturtle's Updates

My DH and I have been together for 16 years and married for 9 years. We wanted to wait to start a family until we both finished college and felt secure in our careers. Then I had a severe back injury that required surgery and a couple of years of physical therapy. Years later we finally decided it was time to start a family and one month later I was injured by a common antibiotic, which left me with permanent connective tissue and joint injuries, permanent neuropathy, and chronic pain. About 3 years later I reached a point where the pain levels were manageable and we resumed our TTC journey.

I charted and tracked my cycles for months, and ending up having a very early miscarriage in April 2013. In June 2013 I had a surgical hysteroscopy to remove a uterine polyp and the doctor ended up removing the polyp, additional uterine tissue, and unblocked the opening of both my fallopian tubes (we had no idea they were blocked!). The first cycle we were able to try again I got pregnant!

My first appointment was October 18th where I got the opportunity to see my little guy for the first time.

We had an elective u/s on November 2nd so that we could see our baby together for the first time.

I have a level 2 anatomy scan scheduled for 12/16 with a Perinatologist due to my age, and we are so anxious and excited to see how our little guy is doing in there!

First started feeling movement on a daily basis 12/3 and it's been a joy feeling him everyday

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

I have my next regular appointment tomorrow and I cannot wait to hear his heartbeat again!!!!

What an happy ending to your story! Looking Forward To More Updates From You!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Wow, you have had a lot of stops along the way to this baby! So happy that you are well on your way to meeting your LO!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    Wow, you have had a lot of stops along the way to this baby! So happy that you are well on your way to meeting your LO!
    I was just thinking the same thing!

Popping in from Dec. I didn't know the full extent of your story Mel! Thank you for sharing. I am SO excited for you!!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

Thank you everyone It has been a rough road, but we are hoping we turned a corner and our bad luck is behind us. It's such a nice change to focus on something positive and uplifting rather than pain and uncertainty. I'm really looking forward to a brighter future

My appointment went well today - my baby is doing great and my blood pressure and everything is perfect. But I'm gaining too much weight! I gained 7 pounds since my last appointment, which makes a total of 13 pounds gained so far. My doctor said even though I'm thin, the amount of weight gain will affect the size of my baby, so she asked me to not gain more than a pound a week. So I'm off to buy my first scale and time to cut down on the sweets and the other wonderful things I've discovered so far during my pregnancy.

Glad your appt went well. I gained a lot this last appt as well but hadn't gained anything before that. I try and not stress out about weight gain because I fully believe you will gain what your body needs you to gain!

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    Glad your appt went well. I gained a lot this last appt as well but hadn't gained anything before that. I try and not stress out about weight gain because I fully believe you will gain what your body needs you to gain!
    I was thinking that too Brandi! I'm surprised she said anything about my weight. My sister gained 75 with all 3 of hers, had healthy pregnancies and babies (all under 9 pounds!), and lost the weight within a year without dieting or exercising. She keeps telling me to let it happen and not worry about it.

I agree Mel!! Unless there is concern about Gestational Diabetes, I think you're fine. I gained 40lbs with my first and 25 with my second ... But I did have GD with the 2nd.

For both the weight came off easily and I didn't have to do anything special.

Don't worry too much about gaining, I gained over 50 pounds with first and she was just over 6lbs. With 2nd I gained just over 20, and she was 9+lbs. Gaining too much weight though affects your joints and feet per se. So that's the only thing I'd be worried about.

Glad that your appointment went well. I wouldn't worry about gaining. I have heard that you can gain a little and have a big baby or gain a lot and have a small baby, that the 2 don't always go hand in hand.

I had my level 2 anatomy scan yesterday and everything went great! Our little guy is measuring perfectly and the perinatologist said she has no reason to see me and congratulations on the pregnancy! Now I'm waiting on the results from my quad screen, which I should have back by Thursday 12/19. I have been so very worried this whole pregnancy due to my age and every time I get good results back from a test I burst in to tears with relief.

great news!! Praying the quad screen is perfect !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by Melturtleluv View Post
    I had my level 2 anatomy scan yesterday and everything went great! Our little guy is measuring perfectly and the perinatologist said she has no reason to see me and congratulations on the pregnancy! Now I'm waiting on the results from my quad screen, which I should have back by Thursday 12/19. I have been so very worried this whole pregnancy due to my age and every time I get good results back from a test I burst in to tears with relief.
    Great news!!

That is great news! Hooray for a great appointment!

Thank you everyone! It was so nice to get to see him again The u/s tech also pointed out the goods so we now know without a doubt that we have a baby boy in there!

Great update!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Great appointment! It is such a relief to know all is well!

I'm glad everything is ok!

Quad screening came back negative for abnormalities!!! What a relief considering I cannot take folic acid supplements. Although I am vigilante about eating folate rich foods and had my folate level checked when we started TTC (came back great), I couldn't help but worry about that. My doctors told me it was a non-issue and to put it out of my head, but geeeeeeez, I must be a crazy worrier cause I just couldn't stop thinking about it!

Yay for great test results!! So glad they came back great!

Quote Originally Posted by Melturtleluv View Post
    Quad screening came back negative for abnormalities!!! What a relief considering I cannot take folic acid supplements. Although I am vigilante about eating folate rich foods and had my folate level checked when we started TTC (came back great), I couldn't help but worry about that. My doctors told me it was a non-issue and to put it out of my head, but geeeeeeez, I must be a crazy worrier cause I just couldn't stop thinking about it!
    That is great news!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

How awesome! !!

Had my prenatal appt. yesterday (at 21 weeks) and I've gained 18 pounds total so far My legs started swelling at 18 weeks, so that kind of sucks. But everything else is going great - LO's heart rate was perfect and my BP was 90 over 52, which is low - even for me. But I read BP drops in the 2nd trimester?? Did not know that, but the nurse wasn't concerned.

I'm having hard time at night because my hips keep popping out of place, so I'm finally buying a pregnancy pillow today. I've been using an extra long pillow between my legs, but it's just not cutting it anymore.

Also, we decided on getting a crib mobile and I ordered it this weekend because I found what I was looking for on sale. Can't wait to get it this week!

Hips popping out of place is so uncomfortable. Mine do the same thing. Oh and the swelling is awful! My feet swell. I use a rice pack for my hips and back and sometimes I have to heat it up at night. It helps a lot you may want to try that also.

Thanks Brandi - I hadn't thought about using the rice bags I have at home!

Ugh, I have feet, ankle, calf, and even upper leg swelling on a bad day. I couldn't believe it started so darn early, I thought I had at least until the 3rd trimester.

I second ice packs. Not much can help with hips popping but a good chiropractic and swimming. My left foot already gets some swelling and it's not fun!!

Sorry to hear about your hips popping out of joint. I surround myself with pillows at night and so far have not had any issues. I am double jointed in my hips so they pop out. I do some special stretches to keep the muscles supple around my hips which tends to help keep them from popping out.

The low BP is actually very normal in the 2nd trimester. I had such low BP last pregnancy that I was nearly blacking out on my drives to work. When I took my BP it was like 72/52. I thought that I must be dead. lol This time around my BP has stayed higher and I have felt much better.

As for swelling, all I can suggest is drink more water and try and be more active. Also you can cut your sodium intake.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14