Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dayna's Updates

Wow... your symptoms and my symptoms are exactly the same. I too also feel like there in a rock in my tummy and it really is quit uncomfortable and sometimes hurts. I don't like anything touching it either. My DH does but I just tell him to be very gentle. Pressure of any kind can feel awful. Everyone has told me that it is normal for pg. So I chalk it up to felling my little girl and that makes it okay. I also have the sinus and itchy dry problems too. What seems to work good for the dryness (for me) is a good douse of vitamin e gel and then slather on the Aveno Cacoa/shea butter.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I would still bring all symptoms up at tor appointment. If pain is so strong, I'd be alarmed.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

If I had to put a number from 1-10 on the pain (1 being not much pain and 10 being dying of pain) I would say this is a 2. It is mostly just uncomfortable. I don't like DH to hug me hard -boobs and belly are sensitive. I now can't lay on my left side at all. It feels weird. I still sometimes wake up on my back but I sleep propped up on pillows so it doesn't hurt the baby. My hands will still get numb in my sleep though. Not sure why that is yet.

Last night I got almost 12hrs of sleep. It was wonderful! I got tired at 7:30pm and went to bed. Woke up around 7:00am and then laid in bed for another half hour dozing. DH has been wonderful. He wakes up with the kids, makes them breakfast and keeps the house quiet so I can sleep in. He has been doing this for the entire pregnancy. At first I had such insomnia that it didn't help but now that I am sleeping it is such a Godsend! This morning he is cleaning as well!

For the past few months I have been averaging 9hrs of sleep per night. This is unheard of for me!! The entire year before becoming pregnant I was struggling with insomnia. The kind where I couldn't fall asleep and when I did I would wake up a few hours later and not be able to go back to sleep. This would go on for a few days and then I would crash for one night and the cycle would start over again. Then I had it even worse in the first trimester. That is when I kicked DH out of our bed. After I did that I was sleeping better and it has just kept getting better. I sleep like I did as a teenager. lol

So I am thinking this is my miracle sleep baby right now. lol Hopefully he is like DD was and sleeps for 5hr stretches as a newborn. She slept through the night by the time she was 1 month old! If not, then DH will help me so I can sleep. We take turns in the night. DS was an awful sleeper, waking up three time or more a night up until he was 6mo old. Will pray my good sleep continues at least up until near the end. Usually I start having sleep issues around 35 weeks.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

I hope that you get a good baby who sleeps for you! My Hanna was my sleeper but she didn't sleep through the night until I weaned her at 16 months. DS was the same didn't sleep through the night until 15 months when he was weaned. Hanna slept for longer stretches though. I'm jealous your DD slept through the night at 1 month!

Hope you have a baby who sleeps for you! Both my girls were breastfed exclusively till 5.5 month but dd1 woke up every 1-2 hours. And dd2 would sleep 5h stretch, then 3-4 and then 2-3. I got so much sleep first 6 months till teething started!

Well, found out this morning that my DH's other boss passed away. She had terminal cancer so we knew it was coming. His best friend and boss, her husband, died in October from complications due to lung failure. I am sure this holiday is going to be hectic now with this happening. Last time we had family we rarely see in the area for over a week. Since it is the holidays, too, we will likely have them for the entire Christmas break. Though I am sad that my DH is having to go through all this, I was not close to his boss and so the holiday craziness that is coming is definitely not something I look forward to. I had hoped for a quiet, small family gathering. Oh well.

Sorry to hear about dh's bosses. Hope the family stay goes smoothly!

So sorry to hear about DH's boss.

I've had severe wrist/elbow problems in the past. The numbness in the night is particularly common with carpal tunnel, and you can get Pg induced CT. The tunnel is so small that any swelling can be really irritating... Especially if your wrists are on the small side, but even if they're not. It could also be a nerve in the front area of your shoulder getting pinched due to the way pg changes posture, etc.

You could try getting OTC wrist braces and sleeping in them to see if it helps with the numbness if it's bothering you!

Just my thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by saramice View Post
    So sorry to hear about DH's boss.

I've had severe wrist/elbow problems in the past. The numbness in the night is particularly common with carpal tunnel, and you can get Pg induced CT. The tunnel is so small that any swelling can be really irritating... Especially if your wrists are on the small side, but even if they're not. It could also be a nerve in the front area of your shoulder getting pinched due to the way pg changes posture, etc.

You could try getting OTC wrist braces and sleeping in them to see if it helps with the numbness if it's bothering you!

Just my thoughts!
    Thanks. I had some CT pain in my right wrist a couple of years ago but it went away on its own about a year ago. The numbness is in my entire left hand and my left foot. I think it is how I sleep. It wakes me up, I change position and it goes away. Sometimes my who leg goes numb.

Ugh! Your leg, too!? No fun at all. Sounds like maybe something is getting impinged! Hope the doc can help you find some relief!

Would you consider a pre-natal massage?

Quote Originally Posted by saramice View Post
    Ugh! Your leg, too!? No fun at all. Sounds like maybe something is getting impinged! Hope the doc can help you find some relief!

Would you consider a pre-natal massage?
    Actually, I have, I just have not found the time and don't like spending money on it. I still need to buy Christmas gifts. Besides, I don't hurt. Last night was the first night I hurt even a little and it was my upper, right shoulder. I found that laying on my back propped up on pillows fixed it and am pain free today.

Sorry to hear about your DH's boss. Its always hard for to lose someone you work with. A guy my DH works with just passed away last week. He was just a year older than me at 29. So very sad.

I totally understand!

SO glad you're pain free today!! That's awesome!

Two things: Baby is not moving much today. It has got me worried. I did feel a nudge this morning but haven't felt much since. And got stopped by a coworker who is all happy that he got an interview for a position that I also applied for. I never even got called for an interview. Then right after I was asked about my interview a couple of weeks ago. I had to tell them I never heard anything which = fail. She tried to "help" by saying that she filled out over 200 applications before she got a job once. Well, thanks for the encouragement - NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    Two things: Baby is not moving much today. It has got me worried. I did feel a nudge this morning but haven't felt much since. And got stopped by a coworker who is all happy that he got an interview for a position that I also applied for. I never even got called for an interview. Then right after I was asked about my interview a couple of weeks ago. I had to tell them I never heard anything which = fail. She tried to "help" by saying that she filled out over 200 applications before she got a job once. Well, thanks for the encouragement - NOT.
    Just 3 days ago I wasn't feeling much movement it lasted 2 days. He has since made up for those 2 days. Sorry about not hearing back about the job. Its a tough market out there and really is if you live in a small town like I do.

He's moving around like normal now. I think he was just more sluggish this morning than usual.

I am so discouraged about finding another job. It seems like everyone in education is trying to get out of the classroom. I don't blame them, but I just want a chance to prove that I can be a counselor! They are picking people with actual experience over those who just have internship experience. There is even a position in my district that has still not hired even after interviewing me and will not let me re-interview. They wanted me to know how to schedule. That is all they wanted. That isn't even a counselor, that is an assistant principal! There is another position in my district that just remains open. Not even a call to interview for that one. It is just so frustrating!

He's moving around like normal now. I think he was just more sluggish this morning than usual.

I am so discouraged about finding another job. It seems like everyone in education is trying to get out of the classroom. I don't blame them, but I just want a chance to prove that I can be a counselor! They are picking people with actual experience over those who just have internship experience. There is even a position in my district that has still not hired even after interviewing me and will not let me re-interview. They wanted me to know how to schedule. That is all they wanted. That isn't even a counselor, that is an assistant principal! There is another position in my district that just remains open. Not even a call to interview for that one. It is just so frustrating!
    I have always hated the must have experience deal. How do you gain experience if you no one will give it to you? There are so many people looking for jobs that they can be super choosy. My DH has been with his job for 3 years and out of 5000 applicants they hired 200. I sometimes seriously wonder how he got the job he did. Even know when they hire they have a ton of applicants and only hire like 10-20 people. Its crazy! Of course he's not in the same line of work as you are but I have also heard that a lot of teachers are trying to get out of the classroom mostly for pay etc. The state I live in is one of the lowest paying states for teachers. My aunt is a teacher here with her masters degree and she's been teaching for years yet she makes less than my cousin who lives in the state next to me without a masters degree.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    I have always hated the must have experience deal. How do you gain experience if you no one will give it to you? There are so many people looking for jobs that they can be super choosy. My DH has been with his job for 3 years and out of 5000 applicants they hired 200. I sometimes seriously wonder how he got the job he did. Even know when they hire they have a ton of applicants and only hire like 10-20 people. Its crazy! Of course he's not in the same line of work as you are but I have also heard that a lot of teachers are trying to get out of the classroom mostly for pay etc. The state I live in is one of the lowest paying states for teachers. My aunt is a teacher here with her masters degree and she's been teaching for years yet she makes less than my cousin who lives in the state next to me without a masters degree.
    Yeah, the pay is not great for teachers. I am lucky to live in a state that pays decent. I graduated from MT and the starting pay for teachers there was $19,500/yr! Here the starting pay for most districts is $36-$42k. I am making more than I ever have this year because I have my Master's degree now. The pay is part of the reason it will be so hard to resign from this job after the baby is born. Without my pay we cannot make the bills as of now. My goal is to pay off some of the bills we have so we can live off just DH's salary. Right now it is looking unlikely unless we sell our house and move because the bills we need to pay off are the construction loan for our addition, my school loans and a car - $26k total in loans. If we can't sell our house and we have to stay where we are then there is no way I can quit my job.

Yeah, the pay is not great for teachers. I am lucky to live in a state that pays decent. I graduated from MT and the starting pay for teachers there was $19,500/yr! Here the starting pay for most districts is $36-$42k. I am making more than I ever have this year because I have my Master's degree now. The pay is part of the reason it will be so hard to resign from this job after the baby is born. Without my pay we cannot make the bills as of now. My goal is to pay off some of the bills we have so we can live off just DH's salary. Right now it is looking unlikely unless we sell our house and move because the bills we need to pay off are the construction loan for our addition, my school loans and a car - $26k total in loans. If we can't sell our house and we have to stay where we are then there is no way I can quit my job.
    I wish my student loans was only 26k. I hate student loans so bad! Even when I was working in my field I didn't make enough to pay my student loans. I hope you are able to sell your house if it's something you want to do. When will you put it on the market again?

I wish my student loans was only 26k. I hate student loans so bad! Even when I was working in my field I didn't make enough to pay my student loans. I hope you are able to sell your house if it's something you want to do. When will you put it on the market again?
    I am waiting for DH to get the ball rolling. Unfortunately, with the death of his boss, it won't likely happen until after the first of the year.

Thankfully I only have $5k in student loans right now. The majority of the amount I posted is on a construction loan from the addition we added when DS was born.

I am waiting for DH to get the ball rolling. Unfortunately, with the death of his boss, it won't likely happen until after the first of the year.

Thankfully I only have $5k in student loans right now. The majority of the amount I posted is on a construction loan from the addition we added when DS was born.
    That's not to bad! I heard once that spring is the best time to put your home on the market. I don't have any experience though. We bought our home the end of nov last year. Just after we moved in it snowed lol

I hit 6 months today! I can't believe I am already 24 weeks! By next year I will be at 26 weeks and before I know it I will be entering the 3rd trimester!

Baby is not moving much again this morning but I did a little poking of my belly to see if he would move and he did, which reassured me. I think he is just lazy in the mornings now. The last couple of days I have been wide awake at bedtime and so have not been getting much sleep. So maybe he has not been getting much sleep either.

Yay for 6 months! You also hit viability! I always feel so much better at 24 weeks!

Yay for 6 months! You also hit viability! I always feel so much better at 24 weeks!
    True but I won't feel better until I hit 30 weeks. The chances of survival increase so much the later in pregnancy.

True but I won't feel better until I hit 30 weeks. The chances of survival increase so much the later in pregnancy.
    After 24 weeks every week the chance increases! But yes 30 weeks is better. My friend had her little girl at 25 weeks and she's a little spitfire so full of energy!

Congrats on 24 weeks!! I love hitting those milestones

So I was thinking a little today about connecting with my baby and well I just really haven't had any connection with this LO like I had with my other two. I am not sure if it is because I am super busy with two other kids and a DH and all the drama going on around me or what. I also knew my baby's personalities before they were born. I knew DD would be a girlie girl and very sensitive, and she is. I knew DS would be a calm, caring and loving child who tries to keep the peace. He has turned out to be exactly that. But this LO? I have no idea. With DS I was so interested and involved in the pregnancy. This time around I just don't care much about anything other than having a healthy baby. The symptoms, the changes, etc, are just annoying for the most part (except the kicking but later it will be annoying when he kicks my crotch). I feel bad that I am this way with this pregnancy. When someone comments on my pregnancy I really just wish they would leave me alone. Today a coworker wanted to touch my belly and asked permission. I told her no. I just didn't want to bother with all the attention and touches this time.

So I was thinking a little today about connecting with my baby and well I just really haven't had any connection with this LO like I had with my other two. I am not sure if it is because I am super busy with two other kids and a DH and all the drama going on around me or what. I also knew my baby's personalities before they were born. I knew DD would be a girlie girl and very sensitive, and she is. I knew DS would be a calm, caring and loving child who tries to keep the peace. He has turned out to be exactly that. But this LO? I have no idea. With DS I was so interested and involved in the pregnancy. This time around I just don't care much about anything other than having a healthy baby. The symptoms, the changes, etc, are just annoying for the most part (except the kicking but later it will be annoying when he kicks my crotch). I feel bad that I am this way with this pregnancy. When someone comments on my pregnancy I really just wish they would leave me alone. Today a coworker wanted to touch my belly and asked permission. I told her no. I just didn't want to bother with all the attention and touches this time.
    Wow, I can't believe you are 6 months already! Holy molly! Congratulations!
    You know, I don't feel connected to this baby either. It's like if I didn't have this awful nausea I wouldn't even feel pregnant. I think it is really due to having still young other children: I have to constantly think what to dress them , what to feed them, what activities to do with them. Plus I'm still nursing dd2. I think I will feel much more connected when the baby is actually here!
    Don't feel too bad

I think it's because you are busy dealing with everything at home and your 2 kids. I feel a ton more busy with 2 kids and it don't have a lot of time to think about baby.

Yay for 6 months! You are getting closer!