Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dayna's Updates

Quote Originally Posted by mariahpoo2 View Post
    I would LOVE a Pisces baby! I am Scorpio dh is Pisces and my sister is Cancer. So we have all 3 water signs in the house. I don't think I will get my wish. But I hope I do. As for you I will send "cervix stay shut" vibes. lol
    LOL I hope you get one, then! It would be a perfect fit for your family! My sister's LO is a Pisces and my sister is a Sagittarius as is her DH so it will be interesting to see how they all get along. She already did his chart and was telling me all about it. The LO is pretty mixed up when it comes to elements in his chart so he will likely be well balanced. I am sure all will be fine.

And thanks for the prayers. I really hope this LO stays put until the last week in March.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Sagittarius and Aries will get along well. But Aries is VERY stubborn. My sister was Aries.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

I'm sorry to hear your sister was in so much pain - I am pretty scared of having a C-section myself. My sister has had three and she thinks they were a breeze, but she has nothing to compare them to! I'm so glad to hear she is home and feeling better

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Melturtleluv View Post
    I'm sorry to hear your sister was in so much pain - I am pretty scared of having a C-section myself. My sister has had three and she thinks they were a breeze, but she has nothing to compare them to! I'm so glad to hear she is home and feeling better
    I don't think C-section is a breeze. It hurts all your body. But labour is not less painful. The only difference if you don't have major tears you heal much faster after natural birth. And with C-section you are in pain for a while plus more restrictions on weight, quite often it takes time for milk to come in longer than with natural and there could be some complications. I had 2 and last one after failed vbac. Either way, I am glad for C-section. The most thong o am scared off every time is the spinal - that moment they puncture. After that I am not afraid cause here doctors are very experienced in c-section

Quote Originally Posted by Melturtleluv View Post
    I don't think C-section is a breeze. It hurts all your body. But labour is not less painful. The only difference if you don't have major tears you heal much faster after natural birth. And with C-section you are in pain for a while plus more restrictions on weight, quite often it takes time for milk to come in longer than with natural and there could be some complications. I had 2 and last one after failed vbac. Either way, I am glad for C-section. The most thong o am scared off every time is the spinal - that moment they puncture. After that I am not afraid cause here doctors are very experienced in c-section

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Sagittarius and Aries will get along well. But Aries is VERY stubborn. My sister was Aries.
    My youngest sister is an Aries and, well, she won't talk to me because of some reason only she knows. So, yeah, they are very stubborn. lol

Double post again. Figured they would have had that fixed by now!

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    My youngest sister is an Aries and, well, she won't talk to me because of some reason only she knows. So, yeah, they are very stubborn. lol
    Oh my sister didn't do that but she was a kind "leave me a lone and I won't knock on your door". They are forgiving though. I actually miss my sister a lot. When I was little she took care of me and took the heat for everything
    When we grew up she went the wrong path in her life for a while and since I was too dumb and didn't talk to her much during those years we had a fall out. But the moment I realized how wrong it was she didn't even bring it up as it never happened. That's how Aries is to me - a fighter but has a huge heart.

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    Oh my sister didn't do that but she was a kind "leave me a lone and I won't knock on your door". They are forgiving though. I actually miss my sister a lot. When I was little she took care of me and took the heat for everything
    When we grew up she went the wrong path in her life for a while and since I was too dumb and didn't talk to her much during those years we had a fall out. But the moment I realized how wrong it was she didn't even bring it up as it never happened. That's how Aries is to me - a fighter but has a huge heart.

35 weeks. Wow. This pregnancy went by fast. Last night I couldn't get to sleep. I kept feeling like I needed to get something done. That is when I realized I hit 35 weeks and that it is likely that I have 2-3 weeks to get ready. I have not packed a bag or gotten the rest of the things I need for baby. It isn't a lot but it still is hanging there needing to be done. I haven't ever really had a bag packed in time for baby, so I guess that isn't a big deal. I just send DH to get stuff after I am admitted. So really all I need to do is take my mom up on her offer to take me shopping for the last few things I need. I especially want a bassinet or something for baby to sleep in upstairs.

As far as baby goes, I think he is still breech but he sure is trying to flip around. A couple of nights ago he was hurting me as he tried to move around. I could feel his head butting up against my ribcage and his little foot kicking my side. He may have gone transverse but he is for sure back in the breech position now. I can feel his head right up under my rib cage. I can say that with baby breech the pressure on my bladder is not as bad but when he kicks it, well, I practically pee myself. He is the reason I wake up multiple times at night. He kicks my bladder and then I have to pee instantly. I think I get up at least 4 times a night. Doesn't make for good sleep.

My next appointment, next Wednesday, is with my dr and it is the first of my weekly appointments. I am hoping she doesn't do a pelvic but she might and I am not looking forward to it. I plan to ask her about the breech issue. I am still nervous about getting a c-section and am secretly hoping this baby does some acrobatics like he did a couple of nights ago and is successful at flipping. It hurt but I can take that if it means no c-section!

Next week is my Spring Break and I can't wait! DH will be gone the first half of it, though, which sucks because it means I have to do everything myself and at night I get so tired that it is hard putting the kids to bed. DH has been wonderful helping do that every night so it is rough when he is gone. My Mom is going to watch them when I go to the dr, though, so at least I don't have to take them with me for that.

And yet another double post.

Yay for 35 weeks! I need very little for baby. I'm meaning very little like gas drops and diapers. However, I need to make room in my room for the pnp and I need to bring in the bumbo and playmate and get them cleaned up. They will do a pelvic at your next appt I bet because Thoth need yo check for GBS.

Wow! It could be just 2 more weeks for you! Can't believe it! !

I got a nice surprise on Saturday. My mom took me shopping for all the things I still need for this LO. She bought me about $200 in stuff and I have everything I need now. I got a new baby monitor (my nephew destroyed my other one), diapers, wipes, bottles, nursing bra, bouncy chair, bassinet, swaddling blankets, and a diaper bag. Since I didn't have a shower for this baby it was nice to get a little shopping spree. She even took me and DD out to eat dinner for a treat.

As for my sister, she and her baby are doing fine. Looks like she is succeeding with breast feeding, which surprises me since her DH gives the baby bottles with formula at night. I got confirmation from my mom that she did indeed smoke throughout her pregnancy and so that confirmed my suspicions as to why she had a placental abruption. She is still smoking even now. I also saw that she had several friends on FB asking for stuff for her and baby. They were saying things like, "I have a friend who is in dire need of baby things" and "She has nothing". This is total BS as my sister has everything she could possibly need and I have no idea what the heck she is going to do with the stuff they get for her. I suspect she will sell it on Ebay. I wanted to PM them to tell them they were being duped but then I figured if they are stupid enough to believe my sister then they can learn the hard way.

Anyway, besides my sister lying to everyone she knows about how bad off she is, things are going good for me and my family. This is Spring Break for us and so far my kids are letting me sleep in and so I am catching up on my sleep. DH is out of town until Wednesday, though. Baby is moving less frequently throughout the day. I think he is running out of room. He still feels to be in the same breech position, too.

I have gotten my mom and DH to agree to some things to help me when baby comes. One is that my mom will watch the kids for three days/nights so that DH and I can focus on this baby without disruption. If I have a c-section this will be a godsend. I may decrease the days if I don't get a c-section, though, because my Mom is 65 and I really don't want to over burden her. I told DH I didn't want any visitors for those three days either. He agreed but I can tell he is not completely comfortable with the idea. I told him that I will need the down time. It will be like a vacation for me, really. Then once we are home DH's job will be to keep the kids away from me as much as possible. DH gets 2 weeks paid maternity leave and so he will be able to help me out during that time by making meals, taking care of our other two kids, helping me with baby, and anything else I need.
    Last edited by daynasrose; 03-10-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Another double post.

Crazy about your sister! I hope her LO will be ok.

Awesome that you got everything you need!! Sounds like you have a great plan for PP.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Crazy about your sister! I hope her LO will be ok.

Awesome that you got everything you need!! Sounds like you have a great plan for PP.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Sounds like you are ready for your lo to arrive! I am glad that you have a plan for after he comes. I am sure that is a relief and knowing that you got everything you need.

Oh wow! I just realized I am at 30 days until this baby is due!

You are so close!!!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

You are almost there!!!!

36 weeks today and had my appointment.

Found out my COBRA has not gone through yet and my BCBS was cancelled. They made me pay $175 just to see the NP for my check up. I was in a very bad mood when I went in and thought for sure my BP would be up but it wasn't - 111/75. My weight was up, though, another 4lbs, but I am not surprised because I have been so hungry the last couple of weeks, especially at night. I have also been a bit stopped up digestive-wise (sorry if TMI).

Baby is measuring good and NP said that I needed to do the GBS test but I declined. I just did not want anyone down in that area. She understood but said we had to do it next week. I told her I did not want to have the normal cervix checks and she said that was fine. I was not able to talk to my dr because she is off for Spring Break so will try and get to talk to her next Wednesday at my next check.

Baby is still breech and the NP said that my dr won't schedule a version until near the end because I guess it is likely to bring on labor or she would want to induce if it were successful. I am a bit disappointed in that, though, because versions are more successful when done earlier like 36 weeks. Baby is smaller and there is more room. The NP said that it is likely the earliest my dr will do a version is around 38 weeks. I will push for that I guess, then. I really, really want to try and avoid the c-section if possible.

As I was leaving the stupid lady who was lecturing me when I came in about insurance and such told me that if I were to go into labor now that the hospital would only take me if I paid them $5k upfront. She was treating me like I was making this insurance mess on purpose. I told her that I would make sure to only come in if it were an emergency or would find a midwife. lol I really hope she isn't there next week or I might have to give her a piece of my mind!

Another double post.

So sorry about your insurance mess!!!!
    Have you given the exercise at spinning babies.com a try? It won't harm you or the baby - though they do give guidelines on some conditions in which you shouldn't do it (just have dh there for physical support ).

Where I am they don't do any internal check until you are in labour. Ob's office doesn't even have a chair, only a flat bed for dopper and fundal height measurements.

Humbug
    Last edited by cheeksy; 03-12-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    So sorry about your insurance mess!!!!
    Have you given the exercise at spinning babies.com a try? It won't harm you or the baby - though they do give guidelines on some conditions in which you shouldn't do it (just have dh there for physical support ).

Where I am they don't do any internal check until you are in labour. Ob's office doesn't even have a chair, only a flat bed for dopper and fundal height measurements.
    I have tried the spinning babies exercises but they don't seem to be working.

You are lucky they don't do internal checks until labor. I never liked them so this time around I figured I might as well skip them, especially if they are just going to schedule a c-section.

Another double post.

I am just reading and OMG, you are 36 weeks!!! It just hit me lol

You know I brought up position with the midwife. They were totally unconcerned with it entirely. She said that it was too early to be concerned with position and that most of the time if they have not flipped yet they will flip by the time you give birth. Some 90% of all babies flip head down before birth. She said stressing over it could cause tension and baby will be less likly to flip. They did an external check to feel baby and see and she was head down. whew... but she also said she could flip a few more times and we would not know it. Most of the time if they feel close to delivery and baby is still not head down they will do an u/s the day of to determine what to do next if baby is not head down.

You still have time! 4 more weeks. keep up with the spinning babies and I am sure she will come around. My FX for you!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

bleeping dble post again. lol