Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dayna's Updates

Default Dayna's Updates

Just a little about me.

My DH and I have been married 6 years. I got pregnant with DD during our engagement on the first month I stopped taking BC. I was completely shocked and disoriented the whole pregnancy. I had horrible stomach issues and felt like death for the first 13 weeks of pregnancy. I was always starving and couldn't eat enough. I had horrible blood sugar drops that made me sick to my stomach and bad constipation. The second trimester was not bad but I developed pre-e in the third trimester and had to be induced. DD was born at 37wks on May 15th only weighing 5lbs 11oz but she was healthy. Unfortunately, I continued to feel bad afterwards and developed PPD that lasted until DD was 9mo. As a result we didn't bond well.

With DS we tried for 8 months to get pregnant. I charted, used OPKs and timed DTD but was nearly ready to give up when we got our BFP. This pregnancy was like heaven compared to the last one. I had absolutely no tummy issues or constipation. In fact I didn't even feel pregnant! This continued throughout the pregnancy. I didn't really start to feel crappy until around 37weeks. At 39 week I went into L&D and was admitted because I was 4cm and my BP was 164/109. Unfortunately, I was given pitocin (I wasn't aware of it) and it caused the contractions to come too fast. As a result DS had horrible heart decels where his heart just stopped and then barely was beating. I had to be put on oxygen because I hyperventilated from the scare. Thankfully they took me off the pitocin and his heart rate went back to normal. I had an epi but it didn't take so the birth was without pain meds of any type. Towards the end I was told the NICU team was being called in and my dr calmly told me she was concerned because his heart was still decelerating. I didn't know because I had asked them to turn off the monitor after the first scare. Thankfully he was born without a need for the NICU team and they were sent out. He was perfect at 6lbs 13oz! My dr later told me that he had the shortest and fattest umbilical cord she had ever seen and that was why his heart was decelerating. His cord kept pulling him back in! We are lucky it was long enough for birth as sometimes they are too short and result in infant death.

DH wanted to have a third but I was on the fence over it. I couldn't be on BC because it gave me awful migraines so I just charted and timed DTD when I was not fertile thinking at some point I would change my mind and get pregnant again. Thinking I had it covered I was completely shocked to discover I was pregnant in August. I immediately knew it was another boy. So far this pregnancy has been a mixture of my first and second pregnancies. I had some stomach issues but did not feel near as bad as with DD. Everything has been smooth sailing so far. I am considered high risk because of my age and past high BP, but nothing so far indicates any reason to worry. I am scheduled for my next appointment in January where I will be getting another round of blood work, the GD test and scheduling another u/s for growth. Right now my dr seems convinced that I will have high BP again. I hope to prove her wrong!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Thank you for sharing! I am glad to hear that your last 2 pregnancies haven't been as bad. Here is hoping the next few months go by smoothly and fingers crossed no high BP!

Quote Originally Posted by swalt01 View Post
    Thank you for sharing! I am glad to hear that your last 2 pregnancies haven't been as bad. Here is hoping the next few months go by smoothly and fingers crossed no high BP!
    Thanks but um, my first pregnancy was h3ll. I would never wish it on anyone. LOL

Dayna I had high blood pressure with my DS. The midwife I saw put me on Vitamin D because I was low and she had read a study about how it lowered blood pressure. I was worried I would be induced for high blood pressure. I'm not even kidding once I was on the Vitamin D my blood pressure lowered back to normal. My doctor didn't believe the study until it was proven in me. Maybe give that a try if you start to get high blood pressure this go around, or at least bring it up it wouldn't hurt to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    Dayna I had high blood pressure with my DS. The midwife I saw put me on Vitamin D because I was low and she had read a study about how it lowered blood pressure. I was worried I would be induced for high blood pressure. I'm not even kidding once I was on the Vitamin D my blood pressure lowered back to normal. My doctor didn't believe the study until it was proven in me. Maybe give that a try if you start to get high blood pressure this go around, or at least bring it up it wouldn't hurt to discuss.
    Really? I have never heard of that. I will definitely have to ask about it. Thank you for the info. Strangely, I recently got a package in the mail and a sample of chewable Vitamin D came with it. lol

I will have to remember the Vitamin D. My bp is normal but I want to make sure that it doesn't go up. I am going to pick some up at the store this weekend and see if it helps.

My doctor wanted me to take a baby aspirin every day with DS and I never did because I didn't feel good about it. She never pushed it and said it was only proven to help prevent pre-e when used in the first trimester. She also prescribed me dark cholocate - 70% or higher - daily. I DID do that. You can start eating it daily to help decrease pre-e. I want to say it was a significant decrease in pre-e when eaten daily at 300mg. I have to start doing that again. I love me some Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt.

You mean chocolate can be good for you???? Sign me up on that program. I know have an excuse to tell my dh so I can eat chocolate.

You mean chocolate can be good for you???? Sign me up on that program. I know have an excuse to tell my dh so I can eat chocolate.
    Yep! 3 squares of dark chocolate a day please.

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    Really? I have never heard of that. I will definitely have to ask about it. Thank you for the info. Strangely, I recently got a package in the mail and a sample of chewable Vitamin D came with it. lol
    I know its totally crazy! I was put on bedrest for my bp, once I started the vitamin d I was taken off bedrest because it lowered my bp. Now I like chocolate but not dark blah.

Nice to know a bit about you! Yes, dark chocolate is very good for you! Enjoy it!!! It helped me through bad asthma attacks too.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Something's been bothering me pretty much this whole pregnancy that I wanted to get off my chest. My tummy aches with this pregnancy. In the beginning it hurt and I told the NP at my first appointment and she just shrugged it off and said, "Yeah. That's normal". She seemed like she was in a hurry so I just let it be. The hurting tummy did eventually go away and I think back then it was just bloating and gas. The ache I get now is not like what I had at the beginning. It feels like I have a rock in my tummy and it is just uncomfortable. I will often wake up in the middle of the night partially on my back and notice that my tummy aches like this. It isn't gas, it just hurts. I can't even describe how it feels really so I am at a loss. It always causes me concern when I feel it because I immediately think "Something's wrong". Yet it doesn't get worse and if I move or shift position it does ease up and eventually go away. Baby is never moving at this time either. Do you think baby could be the cause? Do babies sometimes feel like rocks in your tummy? lololol

I feel stupid even asking about this because I keep thinking it is all just a normal thing and I am over reacting but I do not recall feeling this with my other pregnancies - well maybe toward the very, very end when baby was HUGE, but then again, not like this. It really does feel like I have a big, heavy rock crushing my insides.

Something's been bothering me pretty much this whole pregnancy that I wanted to get off my chest. My tummy aches with this pregnancy. In the beginning it hurt and I told the NP at my first appointment and she just shrugged it off and said, "Yeah. That's normal". She seemed like she was in a hurry so I just let it be. The hurting tummy did eventually go away and I think back then it was just bloating and gas. The ache I get now is not like what I had at the beginning. It feels like I have a rock in my tummy and it is just uncomfortable. I will often wake up in the middle of the night partially on my back and notice that my tummy aches like this. It isn't gas, it just hurts. I can't even describe how it feels really so I am at a loss. It always causes me concern when I feel it because I immediately think "Something's wrong". Yet it doesn't get worse and if I move or shift position it does ease up and eventually go away. Baby is never moving at this time either. Do you think baby could be the cause? Do babies sometimes feel like rocks in your tummy? lololol

I feel stupid even asking about this because I keep thinking it is all just a normal thing and I am over reacting but I do not recall feeling this with my other pregnancies - well maybe toward the very, very end when baby was HUGE, but then again, not like this. It really does feel like I have a big, heavy rock crushing my insides.
    My stomach hurts also. Its the weirdest feeling ever and I never had it with my other 2. For me I don't want anything touching my belly not even my maternity pants but I deal with them when I need to. Every once in a while I get a weird feeling like something solid is in the bottom of my stomach. I'm really thinking I may be having Braxton hicks but my stomach is not really getting all that hard.

Could you have diastasis recti and further separation causes you pain? I don't have a pain but discomfort due to that and hernia.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Could you have diastasis recti and further separation causes you pain? I don't have a pain but discomfort due to that and hernia.
    I am not big enough yet to have any separation. Plus, this pain is internal, not muscular. I felt it just a few moments ago. I worry because all the websites say that if your stomach ache you need to tell your dr. They never say what might cause the stomach aches, though. Maybe it is BH and I just don't have the hard tummy? But that doesn't make sense. I get BH now but they don't have the same feeling as this aching. Ugh.

I am not big enough yet to have any separation. Plus, this pain is internal, not muscular. I felt it just a few moments ago. I worry because all the websites say that if your stomach ache you need to tell your dr. They never say what might cause the stomach aches, though. Maybe it is BH and I just don't have the hard tummy? But that doesn't make sense. I get BH now but they don't have the same feeling as this aching. Ugh.
    diastasis may have never gone away. Anyway, tell your doctor and insist on getting it checked! Especially if this is so bothersome.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    diastasis may have never gone away. Anyway, tell your doctor and insist on getting it checked! Especially if this is so bothersome.
    I had about a 1.5in separation in my abs after I had DS but it went away in a few weeks time. It never hurt. I didn't even know it could hurt.

I will bring it up to my dr but my next appointment isn't until January. The pain is minimum, more of an uncomfortable, heavy feeling that feels "off". If it gets bad I will definitely call my dr, though.

Hope it doesn't! !!

After some research I am thinking it is just a kind of round ligament pain. Perhaps it is just exaggerated because I am on my 3rd pregnancy? But for the most part it is described as an ache.

Being it up anyway. Better to double check!

My stomach has ached off on as well. It was bad in the first trimester, especially when I would lay down on my side at night, but I'm feeling it again lately. I thought it was round ligament pain, but I really don't know what it is. I hope it eases up for you soon

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Melturtleluv View Post
    My stomach has ached off on as well. It was bad in the first trimester, especially when I would lay down on my side at night, but I'm feeling it again lately. I thought it was round ligament pain, but I really don't know what it is. I hope it eases up for you soon
    Thank you. At least I know it is not abnormal with both you and Brandi saying you have felt it, too. I do mostly feel it at night but sometimes I will feel it at odd times and briefly during the day. I wish I could describe it better, but how do you describe something that is going on inside and you have never felt anything similar to? lol At least the ache is mid-uterus and not up below my lung area. That could be gallbladder/liver area and a bad sign.

Thank you. At least I know it is not abnormal with both you and Brandi saying you have felt it, too. I do mostly feel it at night but sometimes I will feel it at odd times and briefly during the day. I wish I could describe it better, but how do you describe something that is going on inside and you have never felt anything similar to? lol At least the ache is mid-uterus and not up below my lung area. That could be gallbladder/liver area and a bad sign.
    It is hard to describe because it is inside. I tell my DH that I don't feel good and I cant even explain to him why. Mine is low to mid stomach. Anything up higher could be gallbladder. Luckily I had that out before I had Hanna.

mine is low to mid-stomach too. along with random pain in all the surrounding areas lol

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Now I am dealing with ultra dry skin. My right hand specifically, but also my face and arms. My hand feels like snake skin no matter how much lotion I put on it. My arms were itching this morning and my face is flaking.

The congestion that went away after my nasty cold has come back but this time I think it is allergies. I am so tired of feeling less than 100%! And I know it is only going to get worse the bigger I get.

Baby is moving around like a crazy child. He is so active that when he isn't moving I freak out thinking something happened to him. Then I focus real hard on him and he always moves a little and makes me feel better. He seems to be getting on my sleep schedule (yes!). He will sleep during the day as well but has not been waking me up at night like he use to.

Uterus is getting higher up. It is starting to get in the way when I am sitting but not just yet. I am not looking forward to when it is right up under my ribcage and keeps me from bending over. Soon I will be doing strange contortions to put on my shoes and socks.

I hope you start to feel better soon. I bought some coca butter spray to help with dr, itchy skin and that has been helping. Maybe try giving that a try. I usually mix it in with my lotion. Don't you love feeling him move? That is good to hear he is getting on your same sleep schedule.

I hope you start to feel better soon. I bought some coca butter spray to help with dr, itchy skin and that has been helping. Maybe try giving that a try. I usually mix it in with my lotion. Don't you love feeling him move? That is good to hear he is getting on your same sleep schedule.
    I use Palmer's cocoa butter oil and Vaseline intensive care lotion. I even have tried Eucerin! lol I think my hands are dry because of my car heater and washing my hands at work with hot water.

As for feeling the baby, yes I love feeling him move! I wish I had more time to really relish this pregnancy, though. But with two other LOs and a full-time, stressful job I don't get much time to enjoy feeling him. Yesterday while getting my hair cut he was really active and I got to really enjoy it, but it is rare for me to get much time to myself.

That is what I use too. Ya, the hot water does tend to dry out my hands too.

Oh tell me about the dry skin! I have that as well but mines because of the weather. Every winter my skin goes super dry. My hands even start to crack and bleed.

I started getting itchy dry skin. Baseline works well for me.