Thread: Type of sensation/ pain is changing??? Does it mean anything?

Question Type of sensation/ pain is changing??? Does it mean anything?

I just noticed I have been analyzing these pains and contractions much like a POAS addict! lol sorry about that. It is just I feel so horrible today. So You all know I have been getting the period pains. Well much worse then just af, at the same time I do not think they indicate anything other then "it is close to the end and my body is getting ready". Right? Right... Well now I still have those but I am also getting more of a strong crushing vice type sensation (intense for sure, some might deem it pretty painful) that starts at my cervix and back and kinda cramps upward. not that far tho, just the lower half. and not really for that long. Maybe 15 seconds max. all tho the come about 5 min apart give or take. What do you all think?

I mean so far I have felt several different type of things I would call BH and mild real contractions. But never this intense. I was basing my other contractions off of the ones I felt when I was monitored. And of course now that I type this the vice like contractions stopped. So they are not regular at all. Could I be looking at labor in the next couple of days you think?
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Labor could start in the next hour or in the next 2 weeks. Nothing can really indicate when it's going to happen.

The only clear way to know if baby and your body are ready for labor is to just relax and see what happens.... If us women could force ourselves into labor I don't think anyone would go overdue, lol. Although my DH swears that I willed my daughter out 12 days early due to convenience . Ya right, lol.

I would try giving your body a rest, RRLT is great but it also causes a lot of what you are describing. Wait to NIp stem until you begin labor. Just enjoy the end of pregnancy if you are able, it's really noti much longer! Conditioning your body is awesome! You are doing great! But there is only so much you can do before you start forcing your unready body and baby into uncomfortable situations, kwim?
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

The vice-like feeling you are experiencing sounds like what I am getting. Mine comes around from the back and starts at the top and moves down. However, if I am sitting up I will sometimes feel it in my crotch. I felt the crotch ones more a week or so ago. I think it was my cervix dilating.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    The only clear way to know if baby and your body are ready for labor is to just relax and see what happens.... If us women could force ourselves into labor I don't think anyone would go overdue, lol. Although my DH swears that I willed my daughter out 12 days early due to convenience . Ya right, lol.

I would try giving your body a rest, RRLT is great but it also causes a lot of what you are describing. Wait to NIp stem until you begin labor. Just enjoy the end of pregnancy if you are able, it's really noti much longer! Conditioning your body is awesome! You are doing great! But there is only so much you can do before you start forcing your unready body and baby into uncomfortable situations, kwim?

That makes sense. I mean I know that I am going to have mild contractions with it... or even without it at this point. I am not really worried about them. And I found out the reason I felt so horrible is I was coming down with a cold. lol So good and bad news.

My midwife says everything I am doing is perfect. So... idk... I may take a day or two off... all the books I read say the same thing. These things are good and help get your body ready for labor. If I can endure the constant cramps and periods of contractions labor is supposed to be easier, shorter and less painful. I have read a lot of testimonials that say the same. There was a few that said they were not sure if it helped, but none that said the opposite. That make me want to continue. I know these things do not induce labor. The only thing outside of baby being ready to come that will do that is medication. I wrote a few posts about it. These techniques are only to ready your body. I think it is misleading that they are called natural induction techniques. While I think if your body is on the verge of going into labor they may provide a little nudge, Unless you are in danger of going into preterm they do nothing but make it easier for your body to enter labor when it is time.

These vise type contractions went away came back and went away again. What I am learning is this is just normal. I need to stop over analyzing because they are just going to get more and more intense until it is real labor. I just get exited thinking could this be it? lol You know?
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Well no cramps or contractions today at all. Did all the same stuff I normally do too. It is nice to have a break from the cramps for sure. Something keeps telling me calm before the storm tho. LOL

I agree with this! Maybe ease up a bit so that you can have some peace and calm before you go into labor, which could be any day now!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

I get it Mariah! I guess as a mom of 3, and never having had any induction medication, or pain Meds or epis, I think our bodies know what to do. The pain will truly be unreal whether you prepped your body or not.... I just want you to relax girl! Have some peace with your beautiful baby bump! Get some good sleep without the cramps.... Seriously, once your love enters the outside world you will be begging for sleep.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

I get it Mariah! I guess as a mom of 3, and never having had any induction medication, or pain Meds or epis, I think our bodies know what to do. The pain will truly be unreal whether you prepped your body or not.... I just want you to relax girl! Have some peace with your beautiful baby bump! Get some good sleep without the cramps.... Seriously, once your love enters the outside world you will be begging for sleep.
    Totally! I don't think I would be so paranoid if I wasn't threatened with the doctors wanting an induction at 38 weeks. I am not with them anymore, but the fear of induction stayed. Plus there are many from our dd room who never progressed on their own. Makes me nervous you know. lol I guess I really do not have to be so nurvous anymore tho. I went from firm and thick and questionable if I was all the way closed to nice and soft, thin and dimpled/fingertip. And that was only a week of EPO. I have been drinking the rrlt since my second tri and only started to have contractions when I got an infection really, outside of the ones I had at the hospital and the BH I have had.

It was really nice not having cramps yesterday. And now I am dealing with this cold which is much worse then I originally thought.

Ugh, colds at the end of pregnancy are the worst! So uncomfortable.... Hope you can kick it quickly!

Ugh, colds at the end of pregnancy are the worst! So uncomfortable.... Hope you can kick it quickly!
    Thank you!