Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: cheekygal's updates thread

I'm sorry you had a difficult time with your client. Ultimately when advising someone, there is only so much you can do, and at times it may be better not to over-advocate but like you said it's fine line.

I hope you start feeling better soon and things settle down!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Thanks, ladies. Both girls are sick today. So spent all morning at the hospital. Though dd1 is not as sick as dd2 and keeps jumping around lol
    Hope it gets warmer soon so the sickies start going away!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

I hope they both feel better soon.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

hope they feel better soon and that you stay well!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Thank you! I hope so too. It's our New year on Friday and we are invited to a potluck dinner on Thursday night so hope we can make it. Noses are less runny and no fevers so fingers crossed by then they are well.

Crossing my fingers your girls are feeling better!

Not sure if you read my post in Moms in general, but well, my thyroid function is worse than it was a month ago. And I was given a prescription for thyroid meds. I don't feel "classic" signs except fatigue and weight gain (both which are normal with pregnancy anyway, and I had a VERY rapid weight gain with #1 and no thyroid issues!). But hey, I have a toddler to chase which wasn't the case before either.
    My blood sugar was great. Here they actually give you sugar water, not a sugary drink you get in the US, and another cup with equal amount of water. All you have to drink within 5 minutes (sugar first, then water). Then they test draw more blood after 1 hour and then after another hour. Both test I had were somewhat in the middle of the markers. Needless to say I celebrated with a bar of chocolate ha ha Oh, and my "crazy" hospital sent me an sms saying: "according to your blood sugar test you've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Please take time to see your doctor as soon as possible". I got that AFTER I saw my doctor, so I just ignored. I think they confused me with someone else again like they did with quad test.

Well, 26weeks for me. Saw my homeopathic doctor and starting on his meds first. Fingers crossed I don't need anything else!
    My feet started swelling when I walk long and sometimes my right hand feels a little swollen when I wake up but it goes away fast. I blame humidity as it's been up to 100% these days.

for 26 weeks! I hope the homeopathic meds work! I was suppose to have my thyroid checked but it never happened. Hoping I don't have issues.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Yay for 26 weeks!!

Woohoo 26 weeks!!! Weird about your hospital sending you the wrong results again, that would drive me a little bonkers. I hope the homeopathic meds work for you. I haven't have thyroid problems before, but I feel like its so common lately that my time is coming with that one!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

My hospital has over 1000 people go through it every day. And probably few hundred women every day - each doctor takes 25 for half day and there are 8 doctors in am and 8 in PM. I reckon someone has a number similar to nine. Hence the confusion. Or may be their system has some numbers that if test shows spike a red alert? Can't figure it out.
    I'm quite surprised about having thyroid issues with baby #3 but could be the age, the fact that I am generally overweight etc.

With how busy that hospital is it makes sense that they would mix up some results. But it is not very reassuring. Is this the hospital you are delivering at?
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Yes. Here the system is kinda different - usually you deliver where you go see the doctor. No separate birthing centers. And you can't make sure who will deliver if it is a a tural birth plus it is getting harder to book a c-section with a particular doctor. Also, the famous doctors don't stitch you up anymore - they do the incision and MAY BE take the baby out. The rest is done by assistants and sometimes interns. This time since it is my 3rd c-section and I have to have my hernia fixed a friend will help to book a certain surgeon and see if she can stich me up herself or someone experienced can do that. .

According to my calculations I just hit 27 weeks. And according to ob - in a couple of days. What, 3rd trimester already?
    I just ordered a couple of summer cotton dresses. And I realized my stretchy dresses all fit perfectly. Plus I am getting a couple of maternity leggings so I should be set for the next 3 months! It gets very hot and humid here.

for 27 weeks and the third trimester!

Woohoo for 3rd tri and shopping!

Congrats on 27 weeks and being 3rd trimester!

I decided not to go for an appointment this week. Since I was just there 2 weeks ago. I mean, what's the point? Anyway my thyroid test is not due for another 2 weeks. And it's been raining and will be raining the rest of the week making it hard for me to go with my toddler. So I'll go at 29 weeks. I feel fine, the baby is moving all over. I have seriously become less panicky with this 3rd baby lol

Sounds good!

I am feeling like a truck ran over me - migraine started. My vision was blur but better now, just headache is not really good.
    We are moving to a new apartment this month. It is sudden nut for the best. Though I am stressed I think even though I don't admit it. I'm 28 + weeks and I feel like I am done. Lol seriously, first time I am so exhausted and not thrilled to sit and wait for another 11 weeks to arrive to have the baby!

Migraines are the worst! So sorry you are having to go through that. Great news about the move, though!

23. Default

Ugh, I'm so sorry that you're having to move at this point in your pregnancy!! And for it to not be a positive change on top of that! ;( u
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Thank you, ladies.
    The move is in a way a good thing but yes, not this pregnant! I packed one suitcase (there will be many more! ) and sneezed the rest of the day as it brought out the dust and hidden mold.
    I am better today but stayed home and canceled all morning private classes.I also took a long nap with my girls, so it felt nice. We might go look at a couple of apartments this evening. Hope we find something soon.

Sorry you're having to move suddenly.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I didn't even think about the move being an issue with you being pregnant - sorry. I guess I forgot already what it is like being pregnant..... When I was expecting DS1 we were adding a whole story onto our house and renovating the bottom half for our new addition. It was still in progress when DS1 arrived but was liveable. I remember moving into our DD's room (ours was under construction). What a PITA! I was about as far along as you and I recall the exhaustion being the hardest part. So big The good thing it is that it will pay off to do it now rather than after baby comes.

Ugh moving while pregnant has got to be rough! I hope you can get some relief from your exhaustion soon. This pregnancy had been rough for me in that department!

Moving while pregnant can't be fun and is probably exhausting.

Thank you for moral support, ladies! It's funny how ectually some people expect you to be some super mom with super powers just because you have more than 2. Like, hey, you've done it twice, what else is new? Hmm. A person in my body? Hormones? Umbilical hernia? A toddler on my watch? I'm just a human and not a machine? (That's not my husband who thinks that bow, he is very helpful and compassionate). I honestly don't even complain to anyone cause some people take it like a spoilt child's vent lol
    Anyway, we seemay to have found a place. Waiting to finalise and hopefully move in soon.

We signed the contract and gave 1/9th of the money we are supposed to pay, all is set to move on 26th! Further investigation revealed that for DD's school bus the schedule is far more convenient than where we are now: she has to take the bus at 7.18 in the morning and comes back by 6pm (as our place is the first and the last accordingly for dropping children on that route). Well, at this new place it is 8am and 4.30 pm! DH has been dropping her off for a year now and 80% of the time they took cabs because they would be getting late and it is a bit of detour on the way to DH's work. Now DH can just drop her off to the bus and have another 45 minutes to spare before he starts work... 5 min walk across our new apartment building. And if the bus drops her off where we think it should, he can also pick her up, so there is no need for me and DD2 to walk out anywhere. Then he has private classes in the same garden where we will be living, which is also convenient, and he will be home for dinner ONE HOUR earlier than he usually is.

I also checked and the taxi ride from where we will be living and from where we live now to the hospital costs the same plus there are more private drivers (something they have here) that can take us places on regular basis - just need to call them and pre-arrange.

The only thing is all the favorite grocery shopping is now downtown and we are kinda out of it. So we will have to arrange the time for when we go grocery shopping as I can't do it by myself anymore - will have to buy more things at once.

Our new landlord is an older couple around 70 years old, quite pleasant and seem to be caring. Apartment actually belongs to their daughter who is studying in Canada. And our close friend used to live there for around 3 years and now moving back to the US (that's who we got this apartment). Thankfully our current landlord is releasing us with full deposit (minus electricity and water which we have to clear till the day we are to move out). And they will do some major renovations here within a year and he even said that they wouldn't mind us moving back within a year - awww!!! We've just built a great trust with them and we have great relationship with neighbours, the landlord knows that and since he lives in another province it was really convenient and peaceful for him to deal with us (we are also not demanding tenants and did our best to resolve small issues on our own without constantly calling him for help).

As for pregnancy, 29 weeks. Allergies have been terrible thanks to the mold. And I have been feeling "bleh". Had some Bxs today, they were painful! I still have lots to pack but friend's daughter volunteered to assist with it.

Well, that's about it. I haven't bought a single thing for the new baby. I am not even sure what to buy. I do need some clothes but till we move and unpack I don't want to deal with shopping. I have few suits birth to 3 but that's about it.

My FIL can't make up his mind about coming here soon. I hope recent floods in Tanzania and roads/bridges being broken due to them, plus the fact that his blood sugar has been sky high, will make them to come here already.

I have a feeling at the back of my head that my mom will end up not coming here - she just moved her mom and her husband in with her. They are in their 80s. And while she still wants to go with the original plan and they don't mind it at all (as in staying by themselves in a new city), I keep having a feeling something will come up. Will see. Either way, we will be able to deal with everything as we have good trusted friends.

End of my long post! :-D