Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: cheekygal's updates thread

I just want to share how yet again touched I am by my friend's kindness and generosity: we gave our crib away to a friend expecting a baby couple weeks before I found out about my pregnancy. And of course, I didn't expect it to be back even though my friend mentioned she could give it back in June, but I know it wouldn't be convenient since their baby is only 6 months old and uses the crib. So I told her she didn't have to do that and she is welcome to use as we can get by with co-sleeping. In reality we didn't use the crib that much - it was nice having one for naps and like to put the baby in when I needed to use the loo and she was already wiggly).
    So yesterday a friend calls me and asks if we would like to take their crib and a bunch of other baby stuff! And her only condition - all these things should be passed on for free and whoever passes them on after us, should be asked to keep passing them on for free. It was so touching!
    So, I am not officially ready for the baby - just have to assemble the crib and wash the clothes.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

awesome!! we had some generosity like that, it's really heart warming!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Well, the fall last week seems to have enhanced psd. I am in so much pain past 3 days eek. I am also getting lots of headaches which I seem to get at the very end. So who knows - the baby might really come earlier than planned.
    Also feeling always sleepy and almost lethargic at times - I just passed out for 10 min nap on a sofa and woke up to dd2 arranging wooden pieces from her tree activity on my belly lol I won't be even cooking today and we decided on a tuna salad and rice - simplest there is but at least both girls love and eat tuna.
    Have I mentioned I am all set to go? I just need to pack my hospital bag and all is left to wait.
    I am still scheduled to teach my private classes this weekend and the next 2 weekends but all screams I should stop. I am wondering if I should make it a last weekend and then resume in September. Will have to think about it. It is not hard as children are very calm and one class has parents present which is even easier.

Sorry you are in pain. Take it easy. If you feel you should not teach the class then don't. There is a reason you are feeling like that.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

That pain is awful, big hugs to you. You should try to take it easy if you can, I found that my pelvic pain mostly went away if I rested more and avoided stairs. Once I was off on maternity leave before I had the baby, the pain pretty much went away.

Sorry to hear you're in pain. I totally agree with getting as much rest as you can. I know sometimes it's hard feeling like you should do something (like teaching your classes) and then change plans out of a "selfish" reason (like getting more rest and not being in pain). But if you feel better with resuming in September just go for it. You deserve being the most important person in your life from time to time too!
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Thanks, ladies.

I agree, listen to your intuition. Rest while you still can LOL!!!

That ""while you can" part has already been *ruined* by a toddler, a preschooler, nausea, heartburn, frequent toilet trips and mosquitoes - I sleep with a zapper! ! Lol

Well. I decided to go ahead with this weekend classes. Today it is just 1 hour and we will be going to a playground nearby for a birthday party (indoors) right after. I managed to have both girls take a nap. Took one myself. Woke up, showered, got everyone dressed and now 15 min before class I... packed my hospital bag. Lol. I am feeling a bit off which is not unusual - I do in the afternoons and evenings. But I packed the bag in 5 minutes! And I put my documents in my regular bag. Some kind of intuition? Will see I guess!

Just an update (cause you know, I don't post anything else lol j/k): I am going for my 36-37 weeks appointment tomorrow with the l&d doctor I saw last time. She was very sweet and offered to see her yesterday but dh had a class till 7.30 and girls need to be in bed by 8.30 latest. So it made no sense to go so late. She is on duty tomorrow morning so works for me and since it is just measurements and monitoring dh doesn't need to a morning off.

I have also prepared a back up in case the baby comes before 30th when we plan to have a c-section: I asked my fiends if they could help to arrange for someone to spend 2 days at the hospital with me (a paid nanny type): here in China almost everyone has a cleaning lady/nanny working part-time or full time. I have one too - she comes twice a week to help clean and arrange stuff. So I can either engage one of them in the first 48 hours. Also a couple of friends offered to stay overnight with me at the hospital. Dd1 can go to friends house but dd2 will suffer big time from separation and since children are not allowed at the hospital dh will have to stay with her .
    Fingers crossed I don't have to use this scenario but if I do - at leaSt I'm at peace now!!!

Just came back from my 37 weeks appointment. It was SO NICE not to wait in lines or be pushed by husbands and mothers of pregnant women lol the only wait was like 10 min to draw routine blood and then another 10 for results for urine and blood tests. I am in the clear - no glucose, no protein in urine despite my BP showing first 152 by 87 (which doctor thought was due to commute and heat). Baby's heart is strong. And the doctor said I can plan c-section as late as I need to as long as I don't go into labour or baby shows some signs of distress. So we are booking 30th which is dd2's birthday and we will have a small family meal plus cake for her on 29th. Mom is arriving 29th evening and it should all work out just fine, I hope!

Happy 37wks!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Great news! baby doesn't decide to come before your scheduled c-section.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Thank you! !

Remind me if nausea at 37 weeks means I am getting awfully close? Plus frequent bms (tmi)?

Woke up with really bad backache. Walking or standing hurts! As much as I want my mom to arrive first every single day I have a thought of how may be I should just go ahead and have the baby! But it means dh can't be there for me at all and I would have to have a complete stranger helping me.
    I had to jump a few more hoops yesterday with arranging my c-section. I really have to blog on having baby in this town and how in 6 years things have changed and how challenging it has become! Yesterday I cried and told dh I wish I just went back to Russia earlier with both girls and had a baby there and then came back. And trust me - it is actually the last place I want to go to cause my hometown health care is awful. That's how upset I was lol Later of course I felt silly about being so upset over nothing - I can go have a baby any time here and it will be fine.
    Other than that it's all uneventful. Have 38 weeks appt this time. Wondering if I should ask to be checked for any progress - not that it matters much.

Nausea and frequent bms can definitely mean your body is preparing!

So, are you having a scheduled c-section? What's your date?
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Scheduled on 30th. If not for mom arriving on 29th I wouldn't mind an earlier date

how exciting to have things scheduled!!!

Thinking of you and praying everything goes perfectly !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thank you! !!

Let the countdown begin!

Yay..wishing you a healthy baby and a smooth delivery. It is kinda nice to have it all planned. You will be cuddling your baby soon..

Thank you, ladies. Last night I had contractions all night. Not strong enough or close to get to the hospital but enough to wake me and fall back asleep thinking/hoping this is it. Nada in the morning or during the day. Just tons of pressure down below.
    And today dd1 has fever so will stay home so now I hope the baby doesn't decide to come as it will be challenging! !!

The 29th is so close!!!! I hope you're feeling well and that your DD is already feeling better

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

Sounds like your body is prepping for sure!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Thank you! It will be actually 29th for you all but 30th for me :-D

Sounds like our bodies are doing the same thing...wouldn't it be funny if we have them on the same day-ish?

I had that exact thought lol
    We did the last of the lasts - we set the crib and put wall.decorations!