Thread: So worried..

Default So worried..

Hello,
    Please, if you have any advice, I would appreciate it.

My last period (first day of it) was Nov 13.
    I had sex with my boyfriend Nov 23, condom broke--same day, found out he was cheating, I took PlanB that night.

Dec 2, felt bloated and gassy
    Around Dec 4, my breasts started feeling super sore, not normal for my AF kind of soreness, I thought it might be a side effect of plan B, and didn't think anything of it.

Today, I wiped and had one clot of brownish red discharge.

I have a 35-38 day cycle.

I took a HPT this morning, and it was negative, but then I got that clump tonight, and got all freaked out again. I have had light cramping, almost feeling more like gas than anything.

Please provide advice--
    Foremost, was the HPT probably accurate and the one clump is just my body getting ready to bleed from Plan B?
    And anything else?

It wouldn't be a big deal if he weren't a lying cheating scumbag, but now, I am literally terrified.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I have no experience with plan b but thinks symptoms are caused by that. Also negative hpt and clot make me think you are not pregnant and are getting ready to start. What I"ve read about plan b is that your period maybe heavier than normal. Hope things get better for you.

I guess, I'm wondering if the clot was implantation bleeding, and if the HPT would be accurate 16 days after intercourse? And thanks, 4 years..and an engagement, down the toilet.

I think, if your cycle is typically 35-38 days, sex on day 11 would be a little early for you to get pregnant. Not that it isn't possible, but my guess is unlikely. I suspect you are experiencing symptoms from the Plan B, although there is always a risk of a false negative until your period starts.

So sorry for all you are dealing with.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Ok, first of all, your rottie is adorable.

Secondly, do you think the HPT is probably accurate at this point? I got one from CVS (it was the CVS Brand) so I'm assuming that it has pretty decent accuracy?? But it says it has tro be 6 days before your missed period, but that would put me at 4-5 weeks?

Also, I calculated my cycle based on my last two periods...was that enough to be sure??? They were 37 and 38 days, respectively?

I think MOST LIKELY, the HPT was accurate, especially given you took Plan B. I've been on this forum and trying to get/stay pregnant for a long time, so I just would never say never, but it really does seem unlikely in my non-professional opinion.

And as for cycle length, it's so personal. I know some women who can set a clock and know exactly when their period will arrive. I've always had more variation, and a longer than 28 day cycle, myself, so I'm never exactly sure when to expect mine. Sometimes I will settle into a pattern for a few months and then the pattern will change unexpectedly. So unfortunately, unless you are actively tracking your cycle, it is hard to know how it will behave. The one time I did get pregnant without medical intervention, I never thought there was a chance of getting pregnant because we had sex much later in the month than usual that month. It's so hard to guess at these things.

Hope this helps.

And I that dog. Thanks for the compliment!

Haha, I've got a 12 year old sheltie who is my baby, so I totally get the infatuation.

So, the consensus here is that the random wipe I had was probably just the beginning of my cycle, not bleeding, and the cramps and back pain are probably part of that too, and the HPT was probably right?

I'm going to test again in the morning, with FMU just to be sure.

Also, just to make me feel better, get didn't actually finish inside of me, but you know how these things go, there are outliers.

Thank you all so much for your help, I just seriously don't know what I would do if I were. I mean, 12 days ago?? Happy addition to our beginning family...now, I have myself and my job--and my doggie!

Truly, all of your kindness and input has been helpful. If I can be sure of this, then I could start healing. Which will take a wonderfully long time.

Yup, I think it is just a preview of your period. If you don't get your period in full by day 40 or so, call your doctor and ask for a blood test. The blood test will give a specific number, none of this positive or negative stuff.

And yup - not finishing inside you and plan B makes it even more unlikely.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 12-09-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Sorry..one more thing
    Last edited by Tori91; 12-09-2013 at 10:36 PM.

I just feel super bloated in my uterus which is making me nervous. I mean, he finished in the condom, but then decided to be "rinky dink" Dan and stick it in without a condom for fun...so that's where I am most concerned. And not trying to be funny, but he was so small, it took me a while to figure out that he didn't have one on...seriously not trying to be funny...just offering insight.

It's normal to worry. The hormones in the Plan B pill are really going to mess with you. A lot of the symptoms mirror pregnancy symptoms. Sad, but true.

Honestly, it is awesome to find a forum with people that are actually helpful, and non judgmental. When I am ready for a baby, this is where I'll be!

This is the best forum on the internet. Please come back when you are ready!

I think Gwenn has it covered. I agree that given all that you've told us, it is very unlikely that you are pregnant. Also, Plan B or any hormonal birth control for that matter can really mess with your cycle and give you pregnancy-like symptoms and the HPT should be accurate by this point. So yeah, I'd say you are probably fine. Give it a few more days, and if you still are getting negatives, and no period, then I'd go to the doctor for a blood test just in case. Best of luck!
    Jennifer

Plan B seriously messed with my system the one time I took it, so it's very likely that you're just feeling the aftermath of that. Here's hoping everything turns out ok!
    Miriam (26) Mark (28) #1 on the way, due 1-5-2014, and it's a girl! FF/Temps