Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Rachel/rachoochoo updates

Huge hugs. I hope things get rolling soon!!!

Spent a wild night at the hospital. I drank the castor oil at 7 and totally cleaned myself out. It was the most miserable thing I've ever endured. Right after I finally finished with the poo, the contractions slammed me hard every 3-6 minutes. I called my mom to stay with the girls and by the time she got there and all the way in they were very consistently ever 2.5-3 minutes and hurting sooo badly. Got there and checked in and got hooked up around 1 a.m. and almost instantly it lightened up considerably. I was checked and agree all that STILL freaking at a 1. Checked again after an hour and still 1 so I got sent home. Contractions all the way home, still having contractions. I'm over this!

In top of that I feel like I got totally man handled and made fun of. Let me tell you I shouldn't have even mentioned the castor oil. From the front desk to the nurse I was treated like a idiot. The receptionist made a snide comment about "I bet you got that idea from Google." The doctor was a resident and I have NEVER been hurt so badly being checked in my life. I feel like she totally fisted me and I left hurting way worse then when I went in after her treatment. And then on my way out her and the nurse gave me an "oh by the way when you actually go into labor don't come back here." Apparently my doctors office should have told me they like to keep fat people and normal people separate and if you are over a certain BMI you don't get to birth at the hospitals stand alone birthing center. I have spent my entire pregnancy excited knowing that if I went into natural labor I would get to birth there. The way they said it and the rough night I already had..I barely made it out the front door and cried the whole way home. So that's my night.

OMG!! I am so sorry you were treated that way. Hey, if they want to act like total b!tches at least you never have to see their faces again if you aren't birthing there. I've never heard of different areas for different size people, wtf is that about? Sounds like discrimination to me.

Hope the contractions keep up and lead to something for you today!!

Oh.my.word.Rach, that is just *horrible* !! I cannot believe they treated you that way ...I would be so upset (I am upset actually...that's just not right) !!!

Ugh, castor oil, ya, btdt and it's pretty miserable...it got contrx going for me too, but mine died out once the diarrhea stopped and didn't help with progress. My mw suggested it...in fact several of my mws have suggested it over the years with different pgs so it's not just one of those "google" things. My aunt swears by it...she used it with all 3 of her kiddos and said it kicked labor in for her every time. My point is that they had no right to make snide remarks about it .

I'm sure you're feeling super discouraged and frustrated...I'm just so sorry your body isn't cooperating ! I'm really hoping and praying whatever the castor oil got started will continue on.

Just out of curiosity...didn't they move your dd up at some point or am I remembering wrong? Do you think your dates could be off or is that not a possibility?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

5. Default

That is spectacularly HORRIBLE.

I am amazed at the way you were treated. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I hope that you find out that they were wrong and being ugly. That is seriously frustrating.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

That's terrible! I know you were looking forward to giving birth there, but after that ordeal, I wouldn't want to go back there!
    Leigh(36)/Matt(40)/Sonja Lily(4)/Damien Andrew(1.5)

Report...report...report

Unbeliveable. Can't get over the way they treated you! That's just not the way to do it. Agree with Mike.... report that.
    Hugs for you. Still hope for progress.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Sending you lots of love. That's really awful.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Oh wow! I can't believe they would discriminate this way! Throw them all over social media and tell them about it. At our age to do such things is horrible! Huge hugs. I hope you go into labour soon.

Thinking of you!

Thank you. I have just been chilling with my family this weekend and trying to not think about it too much. This baby seems mighty cozy in there right now. I have an appointment at 1 tomorrow afternoon and I hope to schedule an induction for either Tuesday or Wednesday so that DH can be there and get as much time with us as possible after she arrives. Not really the experience I wanted for this time but I am making my peace with it.

Oh and Kelly to answer your question, there was a due date discrepancy earlier on and my OB had told me he wasn't changing my date from LMP due date because it was only a weeks difference. Well I found out at the hospital the other night that he DID change it and I was never informed. So they have had my due date down as the 21st all along, which is tomorrow (my wedding anniversary). So either which way the cheese is cut I am still more pregnant then I've ever been (Ava was 39w3d and Olivia was 39w1d) and this baby will be over 40 weeks baked when she arrives. I feel good about that. I am also not measuring big this time like I did last so there isn't so much concern over a big baby again. I only just measured 40 weeks for the first time last Thursday.

I'm so glad you're feeling at a better place with it all...I'm sure having dh there helps !! Praying you go natural, but if you do get induced that it would go perfectly !

LOL, I know induction isn't ideal, but I always share my experiences because all things considered they were easier than my natural L&Ds...I know it's not that way for everyone, but I think it's good to hear positive induction stories .

thinking of you and praying your L&D goes well whether it kicks in on its own or starts up with meds!!!

Yay! Just happy to hear you are feeling better about the whole thing. Can't wait to hear about your appointment tomorrow.

Also glad you are feeling better. I bet having dh home makes a HUGE difference! However you go - natural or induction - I hope you have a good experience and a quick birth.

Hope your appointment goes well!

Thinking of you today !

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

Staaaaalkiiiiiing for an update !!!

Sorry! We have been on the run all day. I still didn't make any progress and I report at 7:30 tomorrow morning for an induction. If we are friends on Facebook nothing there please as we won't be posting anything until after she arrives.

Praying for a successful induction and healthy baby tomorrow. Glad they could schedule it soon so your Dh is there and can support you during his vacation.

Eeek, you will be meeting your baby soon !!!!!

Everything crossed for quick progress tomorrow and a great L&D !

ELV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

praying you get a restful night's sleep ♡

:

Thank you ladies! I sooo need to get to bed but I don't think I will be doing a lot of sleeping. My mind is racing.

Thinking of you this morning. Praying you meet your little gal soon with no complications.

Sending you lots of ELV!! Come on mom and baby you got this!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

ELV!!!! Praying and thinking about you guys today. can't wait to hear how everything is going...

Ohhhh praying for you!!!! How exciting!