Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rachel/rachoochoo updates

Baby is still a girl and her bowels are normal. Even better she has a full visible head of hair. I love me some hairy babies! I have the option of doing another u/s at 37 weeks because her abdomen is measuring pretty small (10th%)but all her other measurements were in normal range so he wasn't concerned with it. I haven't scheduled it yet but I am going to. She is measuring small to average so it's not looking like another huge baby for me this time.

Aww yay for hair! Glad to hear the bowel is looking good.

I'll be curious to see how the measurement changes. I feel so skeptical of the accuracy in ultrasound measurements.

Glad to hear bowels are fine!!! And good that you get another ultrasound!

Contractions are definitely becoming a more regular (yet still irregular) thing. I had several while sitting on the couch last night and I had one painful one that woke up up from a dead sleep this morning. That was the first one that lasted more than a few seconds. I just finished pre-registering for the hospital online so now I feel like I can have a baby any time. A couple more weeks at least would be nice but just about there. I really need to think about getting a suitcase together. I've kind of been holding out on it because I don't feel ready to have a baby yet (not that my lack of preparedness would stop her from coming anyway ). I have an appointment on Thursday morning and I'll get my next u/s scheduled hopefully for the following week. Sorry this was kind of rambly.

Yay almost there!

Almost full term! With this one I also started feeling contrix quite early.

I had a good appointment this morning. I woke up around 3:30 this morning very crampy again. Went to my appointment and they were doing the strep b swab so I went ahead and asked him to check me since he would be down there anyway. I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. So not a ton but those contractions I've been having are definitely moving me in the right direction. I actually lost a pound so I haven't gained anything in a month and a half and lost a pound. I'm happy with that! It turns out that the baby's abdomen measurements is not a problem at all. He was reading the preliminary report to me last week. He had the final report today and after going back over the measurements they said the abdomen is measuring at 27% instead of the 10% they originally put down. Still skinny but not dangerously so. So for now we won't be doing another u/s.

Last night I bought some evening primrose oil so I'll be starting that. I need to pick up some red raspberry leaf too and start drinking a few cups again. My little sister was having back contractions 10 minutes apart this afternoon but stalled out. So excited that I get to meet a little niece before having my own baby!

I'm glad you have some progress and the baby is fine! Hope you don't have to wait too long to meet your own baby!

Man you guys. Life has been rough lately. I haven't really posted about it here but my van broke down a week ago and we had to do an expensive repair. Fortunately my dad and husband were able to do the labor end of things and save us probably $300+ in labor costs but we are very tight right now so it was painful. Still reeling from that and we got another blow yesterday. I am embarrassed to even post it but I'm so down and might need a little sympathy. We just moved into a new apartment 2 months ago. Well apparently it's bed bug infested. It's the same complex as the one we were in before so it's not something I would have even ever thought of but there it is. They are trying to say that we could have brought them in even though we never travel and have owned all our furniture for years and the only visitors we ever get are our family. If the exterminator determines we brought them in and that they weren't already here they are going to try to stick us with that and it isn't cheap. On top of that at 37 weeks pregnant we have to haul every single last piece of clothing/bedding out in sealed bags and run them through dryers at a laundromat. So.much.work. I found all this out yesterday and I am still crying on and off at the idea that I will be having to bring a new baby home while we are in the midst of dealing with this. It's going to take a minimum of three treatments over the course of 6-8 weeks. My stress levels are just off the charts right now.

Oh goodness that sounds awful! I hope there's some conclusive evidence that you didn't bring them in.

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Blog Entries

Popping in. My best friend who is fastidiously clean also got bed bugs...right after her baby was born. They aren't sure where they got them from (maybe actually the hospital). Bed bugs have nothing at all to do with cleanliness. Have you stayed over night anywhere? Not everyone reacts noticeably to bed bugs either so they could have been in the apartment when you moved in.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Oh wow, so sorry to hear about the car and bed bugs! !! I can relate a little as we are struggling with tiny mosquito like bugs that hide in bed and bite - some kind of tree flies as we established. And they mostly just attack me. I sleep with a zapper.
    I hope it all goes away before the baby comes. How inconvenient and hard :-(

Thank you everyone. Now that I've had a couple days to digest it's still skeeving me out but I am not as panicked about it. DH is off tomorrow and was able to switch days off and have Tuesday as well so he is going to be here to help me get everything ready.

I had my baby shower yesterday. It was a very small and informal affair and just what I needed to help bring me out of a bad week. I realized this morning how much my circle of friends has changed since the last baby even. Other than my mom and sisters there was only one person at my shower that was at my last one at all. Interesting how friendships change and develop over time. My little sister did my hair for me and I felt so nice. Here's a picture.babyshower.jpg

You look beautiful, Rachel. Glad things are looking better.

Thanks Alex

I forgot to mention it was a diaper shower BUT I had a few misc other gifts that were pretty amazing! My photographer friend gifted me a newborn session with a value of $300 and another friend gave me a rather expensive wrap piece to get converted into a ring sling. Hands down two favorite gifts.

Once again - beautiful mama!
    Glad you enjoyed your shower!

You look absolutely lovely Rach (love love love your hair) !!! You so deserved a special day!

You've been on my heart with all that you've been going through lately...praying things settle down before baby comes so you can get a few days of R&R !

Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I had my 37 week appt this morning. It was very uneventuful. After almost 2 months of no weight gain I gained 3 lbs in one week. Baby's heart rate was 158. I measured at 39 weeks. This entire pregnancy I have measured right on until the past couple weeks. I was thinking smaller baby this time but I am going to guess 8-9 lbs now although I am *hoping for 7-8. I opted out of getting checked this time. I just got checked last week and this week other than the day we had to go to the laundromat and do a bazillion loads of laundry, I haven't really had any hard contractions. I didn't want to get discouraged if I hadn't made any progress. My little sister has been having some blood pressure issues so she might be getting induced over the next couple days so I will get a little practice cuddling in first. I'm excited!

Update on the bug thing too. We were out of our house the entire day on Tuesday because they said they were coming anytime between 8-5:30. They didn't show until 3! I was sooooo mad! We could have been home most of the day and we didn't get to come home until 7 that night. I was feeling so relieved that the first treatment was done though. Yesterday morning we found out that we had cleaned so well that they didn't see anything at all. They definitely treated and sprayed though because the fumes were just awful. Well fast forward to last night. I decided to check the corners of the bed and found two live ones. I am SO depressed over this! I just wanted it to be taken care of and over. We have to do this all again in 3 weeks so I will either be 40 weeks pregnant or have a tiny baby. I told the property manager that I need a shorter time window of when they will be here because I refuse to be gone all day and I am going to have my hands very full and be unable to clean the way I just had to. That got really long. I am SO frustrated!

I hope all goes well with your sister's induction!!

Sorry to hear about your bug situation not being resolved so quickly. Hopefully they can get you in sooner. Would you be able to wait for them to come and then leave rather than just being out all day?

Total heart melt! My baby snuggling her sissy.

Great Picture!!!

I've been there on the bug thing... It's so frustrating... We ended up being able to pinpoint ours, we had bought a new mattress, a floor model from an upscale dept store, so who would have thought... Once we got rid of the mattress and boxsprings, and even the headboard, we finally got it all taken care of... It's a long frustrating process!!! I hope it gets better!!!!!
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

Awwww

That is just soooo precious !!!!!!

Thinking of you momma...you have a lot on your plate right now and my heart sure goes out to you !!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thank you :wuvs: Things have definitely been crazier than I would prefer lately but they do seem to be settling down and I am feeling a lot more at peace as we are moving closer to her arrival.

My 2.5 year old pointed at my tummy this evening and sounding very sure of herself said, "baby Ellendore is coming out next week." I hope she's right and they say kids have that intuition but for some reason I have the 19th in my head.

Beautiful pic! You're right, kids DO have intuition. My daughter started telling people 6 months before I got pregnant that I was having 2 babies! We always laughed it off and acted like she was crazy. Now she says she has a brother and sister and I hope she is right <3

Here's hoping you meet your LO next week like she says!!!

Aww

that picture is so lovely. Hope your daughter is right and you can hold your babygirl soon.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

loads of contractions throughout the day! I feel like things are heading in the right direction and looking forward to my appointment tomorrow morning. My sister is getting induced right now and we have the same doctor. I told her if she makes him miss my appointment that I'm coming up to her room and having him check me there.

Lol! ELV for your sister and her lo!

She's here! My niece that is. They named her Tabitha (Tabby) Ann. She had a very long induction. Started at 7 am yesterday morning and did not arrive until 5:30 this morning. I think I will definitely pass on an induction this time! I have an appointment this morning and the birth center is conveniently located right next door to my OB's office so I will go over and squish the baby when I'm done. Sounds like a good morning to me!