Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rachel/rachoochoo updates

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    My MIL has been absolutely obnoxious about DS2's middle name, Atticus. Just a couple months ago she actually made a fuss about it to my face! Mind you, he's turning 3 on Sunday ... the name isn't going anywhere. This was the first occasion where she was ugly about his name to my face and I LOVED, REVELED in shutting her DOWN. I exclaimed loudly, "ROBERTA! That is SO RUDE!" I mean, seriously lady, not your kid, not your choice GET OVER IT.

If she would just think before she speaks ... I'd like her a WHOLE lot better!
    My MIL prides herself on being so straight forward and honest and she doesn't hold back (including using bad words) when she feels it's warranted. If she brings it up again I am going to straight up tell her to stop being a b!tch.

You know, there's straight forward and honest. And there's being a dense pest that can't take a hint. She said her piece, and if it were me, I'd appreciate the feedback. ONCE. Then, she'd have to just deal with it. Like I tell Maiya "Do not bring it up again. Things will not change."

Well today's appointment went well. She is measuring right at 31 weeks so we are are perfectly on track. I am soooo relieved for that. My youngest always measured 2-4 weeks ahead the entire third trimester and she was an almost 10 lb baby so I have some hope that this will be a smallish/average size baby this time. Her hear rate was 148 and was very loud and proud. The girls went with me and they just love hearing her heart. I am supposed to be on the biweekly appointment schedule but they had me do 3 weeks and because of Memorial Day and my doctor going out of town I have to do 3 weeks again so after that I will be at weekly appointments! Eeek! I was supposed to get a u/s to recheck the thing with the bowel for 32 weeks. Well guess what? They are all booked up so I don't get to go until my next appointment on June 9th so I will actually be 35 weeks instead of 32. I'm pretty irritated with that. If they knew that their u/s schedule is usually that full I feel like he should have had me schedule it at my last appointment so I could have actually gotten in when I was supposed to. I guess it doesn't matter that much. More waiting. Yay!

We went to some city wide garage sales before my appointment and I totally hit the mother load at one sale and took away an entire trash bag full of baby things and was able to cross a lot off my list. I am feeling tons more prepared after today. I think that the only items now that I really have to have before she arrives are nursing bras and a diaper bag.

Glad you had a good appointment! And yay to baby items! I feel so unprepared this time as I don't have much clothes for the baby. The rest I have , like gadgets, swaddling blankets and burping towels. For myself I have enough stuff as well.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Glad you had a good appointment! And yay to baby items! I feel so unprepared this time as I don't have much clothes for the baby. The rest I have , like gadgets, swaddling blankets and burping towels. For myself I have enough stuff as well.
    I don't have a lot of clothes either and I don't have the different gender excuse. I got rid of the majority of my baby clothes after our last move because I didn't have anywhere to store them so I am starting almost from scratch. I only saved one tote of my favorite pieces and they are all different sizes.

That's pretty annoying about the u/s, I wouldn't be happy about it either.

Awesome that you got in some garage sale love. There isn't much going on around here yet with those and unfortunately all of our local thrift stores are kinda on the yucky side, so I really won't be looking there.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    I don't have a lot of clothes either and I don't have the different gender excuse. I got rid of the majority of my baby clothes after our last move because I didn't have anywhere to store them so I am starting almost from scratch. I only saved one tote of my favorite pieces and they are all different sizes.
    I have 3 suits in different sizes lol that's it. Of course here I can buy baby clothes new like a dollar+ a piece online but it is as time consuming as regular shopping as need to look through so many sellers offers. The convenience of doing it while on your couch of course beats the time consumption. Lol I got rid of all baby clothes every time as we rent and have no space to store. If we were having a girl I would get most back as among expats here we sort of rotate hand me downs as it is convenient and baby clothes unless stained don't wear out so much.

Is there a way to have your name be in a waiting list if someone drops out and you get in earlier for u/s? Here it is so hard to schedule 3d one as it is all booked and overbooked and costs quite a bit too.

33 weeks! Full term is only 4 weeks away and both girls were born at 39 weeks (although it was by induction)! It makes it all seem so soon!

So soon...I can't believe it!

Didn't it just all go by so fast???

It has definitely flown. I can honestly day no part of this has really dragged for me this time around.

As I get closer to the end I think more about how I would like this birth to go. Ideally I want to go into labor on my own and no epidural. Having been induced with both my girls I'm starting to face that inner struggle though with the uncertainty of when it will take place. I'm such a planner that it's hard for me to have such a huge thing out of my control. It almost makes me envy CS mama's with their pre-scheduled delivery dates. I've got to hold strong! I want this too much to give in easily. I've decided that unless I hit 41 weeks I will not agree to an induction. That seems reasonable to me.

Very reasonable! I completely agree on the lack of control aspect, but we haven't had any so far, so what's a few more weeks?

I hope you don't have to wait till 41 weeks to have her!!!

We are having a huge 90th birthday party for my grandma on August 2nd and I am hoping to give birth at least a week before that so that I can be there and not be in the most uncomfortable beginning stage of recovery.

15. Default

I have to say, being a repeat c/s Mama, that being able to plan is pretty sweet!! ;)

Still, the risks of major surgery, not so much!

I hope that you are able to go into labor on your own and can skip the induction! I went through an induction with DS1 and I'm glad to know I never have to do that again! ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I was 40 weeks and 5 days when I went into labor with DD. I too was going to be a scheduled induction if i made it to 41 weeks. But after 38 hours of labor I guess she did make it to 41 weeks lol But I've always heard people say that pregnancy flies by once you have other little ones at home. They take up all your time and attention!

A friend approached me today about doing a diaper shower. I didn't think we were going to have any type of shower to celebrate this baby so I am really excited for it! We were going to use cloth but decided at least for now we are doing disposables since I will for the first time ever only have one in diapers. I love that I will get to hang out and visit with people and NOT have to open presents since it will all be diapers.

How great! I wish someone did a diaper shower for me cause that's like the biggest expense usually.

34 weeks! I really haven't been unreasonably uncomfortable this pregnancy but I think I'm finally there. We go to the zoo 1-2 times a week to get the kids out for some fun when DH has a day off. Today we stayed for 2 hours but only did the front of the zoo and very little walking because I was very uncomfortable and couldn't handle walking to the back. Baby girl is sitting very low and starting to bring on the pressure. Only 8 more days until we get to see her again by u/s!

Sounds like fun! Going to the zoo here is somewhat of an ordeal, I can't imagine doing it multiple times a week.

It's funny how much baby position effects us, I wonder if it feels any different for them.

Wow, you're getting closer.... 34 weeks and already having a low lying baby.
    I always loved going to the zoo. I sometimes went there for lunch during time at college as it was so close to the campus. I liked the whole relaxing environment. But it's true, you can walk a lot if you want to
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

We buy a zoo membership every year and it's the best investment ever for our family. We love having something to do that doesn't require spending money every time and usually within 3-4 trips our pass pays for itself.

Yesterday was crazy. I came pretty close to going into L&D to get checked out. I napped a little while with the girls and pretty much from when I got up on through the end of the day I was cramping, some of them painful (contractions I guess). It really wasn't anything timeable just bothersome and had me worried. I drank a ton of water and tried to relax and it stopped for about an hour until I had to get up and take my brother home. After I got home I took a benadryl and that slowed it waaaay down. By the time I went to bed last night I felt exhausted and like I had been run over a few times. So far today nothing thankfully. I have an appointment and a u/s on Monday so I will definitely be bringing it up.

Uh, scary, right. Sounds almost like my Sunday except of my cramps being regular. I went to L&D because of that and they told me that as long as you can controll the cramps by relaxing and drinking a lot it's nothing to worry about. So you have done the right thing. I hope the cramps don't come back as it's very exhausting to have them but I would definitively tell them on your appt. Maybe they do an additional check for infections as this can trigger cramps/contractions.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Hugs. I hope it is just from exhaustion and dehydration! Try staying offyour feet on weekend!

Here I was thinking our name was set but we've found a second name that keeps popping up and our girls really seem to love it too so looks like we are taking two names to the hospital and seeing which one suits her best.

Yikes, I hope you can keep the cramps away, they are no fun.

How are you feeling?

I'm feeling good now. No more cramping. The BH have really picked up but those are ok. I have an appointment and u/s this afternoon and I will bring.it all up. I think I was dehydrated and really tired.

It happened to me also, the dehydration cramping, easy fix. Hope your appt goes well!!

Glad to hear that! Hope all is well at the appointment!