Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rachel/rachoochoo updates

One of the few times I am glad he is going by my LMP due date or I would be waiting at least another week. He does them at 18-19 weeks so going off my first u/s I will only actually be 17 weeks.

I hear it's pretty reliable starting at 16 weeks if you have a decent machine.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

DH told me when he went in to get our youngest out of bed this morning that she had her shirt up and was rubbing her belly and talking to "baby Jonah." I sure hope this baby is a boy or she is going to be a little confused. My oldest was really little when I was pregnant (she was 19 months when she became big sister) and didn't get it or show any interest in my belly so I am loving this.

Recently I feel pretty strongly that this will be a girl again.

How fun is that? Ya, Natalie has no idea lol maybe she'll have some kind of understanding as I get further along and she gets a bit older.

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

Cute! I loved dd1 talking to dd2 in my belly. She talks to the new baby now but thinks it is a girl.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird_kay View Post
    How fun is that? Ya, Natalie has no idea lol maybe she'll have some kind of understanding as I get further along and she gets a bit older.
    Ava didn't understand any of it when I was pregnant with Olivia. The really nice thing is that they don't ever really remember life without their sibling. Natalie will be a great big sis and when baby gets here she will love him/her (sometimes a little too much ).

Sonja lifts up her shirt at least once a day and says, "my baby is in my belly, do you have one too?" I think she'd be excited when I finally do! She says she wants a little sister named Maya. So cute!

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpeejays View Post
    Sonja lifts up her shirt at least once a day and says, "my baby is in my belly, do you have one too?" I think she'd be excited when I finally do! She says she wants a little sister named Maya. So cute!
    That is so cute and I think Maya is an adorable name! All of Ava's name suggestions are really off the wall and no way we would use them. Like Robin Hood.

I think I've finally hit stride (knock on wood). Not feeling as exhausted and despite many many bathroom trips in the night I think I am sleeping a little better. I have been going to bed almost two full hours earlier for the past week. I was staying up late because I figured I wasn't going to sleep anyway. So even though it does take me a while to get to sleep I think that has helped a ton. Only 17 more days until the big u/s and I have an appointment next Friday. My weight has been fluctuating a lot but I think the scale at the doctor will show me up another 2-3 lbs. If I'm only gaining 2 lbs a month I am pretty happy with that. It's steady and not excessive.

I'm dropping by to send you some of the blue vibes as requested lol hope it works!

I had an appointment this morning. Up 2 lbs again and the heart beat was 148. I have NEVER had such a low HR in any of my pregnancies so for the first time I am thinking maybe this could be a boy. 12 more days! My little sister (due July 4th) went for her u/s at the same time I had my appointment and they found out they are most likely having a girl. The tech said there were definitely no testicles there.

Great all is well! Boy or girl, I'm sure it will be such a bundle of joy!

Also I guess my due date is still July 13th, not the 21st. He said it would only have changed if I had measured more than 2 weeks ahead. So guess I will change my ticker. It doesn't really change much for me since I know I won't allow myself to get induced this time.

Glad to see an update from you and that baby is well, even if you can't decide how old s/he is lol!

My Dr has been fairly accurate with the edd. My first was 3 days late, then 3 days early, then on edd.

But I ALWAYS feel he is off! lol

Mom's intuition is the best. With both girls I felt like due date had to be a week later but they kept 1 week earlier from my anticipated one. So with dd2 even though she was 8 days late I think she was right on time.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Mom's intuition is the best. With both girls I felt like due date had to be a week later but they kept 1 week earlier from my anticipated one. So with dd2 even though she was 8 days late I think she was right on time.
    I am fairly certain that it is probably the later date but I feel like it doesn't change anything either way since I don't want to be induced this time. This is the doctor that let my friend go to 43 weeks trying to VBAC. I don't want to be pregnant for 43 weeks but a different due date doesn't change anything for me.

I would cry if I had to even go to 42 weeks again like I did with Preston. I was seriously miserable and I do not wish that upon anyone. I hope that you can go on your own when the time comes! I'm still so excited for you to be expecting again!

I hope 3rd is a charm and you don't have to go much overdue! !!

I was induced with both the girls at 39 weeks so I'm not really sure what I will do on my own. With my youngest I am convinced I was about to go into labor on my own when I went in for my induction. I was fully effaced and dilated to 3 and hadn't even been on the pitocin for 30 minutes when full blown labor contractions hit. I was on the pit pretty much all day long without a single contraction the first time so I was definitely close. I'm excited to do it on my own and see what happens.

You can do it!

I just set up with my photographer friend to do a gender reveal photo shoot next week the day we have our u/s. We aren't going to know what we're having until our shoot. I will run the envelope over to her in the morning and she will get it all put together for us. This is going to be so fun! We are either going to do the girls each holding a balloon (one pink one blue) and then having one let go of the one we don't need or we're going to do the classic box full of balloons. Haven't decided yet. Love the idea of the girls holding the balloons but worried that they won't follow the directions. I am kind of leaning towards the box full of balloons because I think they would get REALLY excited over all those balloons popping out and it would result in some really good shots.

Sounds exciting! And oh, how impatient you will be!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Sounds exciting! And oh, how impatient you will be!!!
    Oh definitely! I think it will be a lot of fun though and worth that extra wait.

I guess I am going to have to take it easy on spicy food from now on. Usually by this point it's giving me heartburn but I have had zero heartburn so far. This time around it's causing stomach aches/diarrhea/bloating. The misery it causes isn't worth it even if whatever I was eating was good while it lasted.

I agree, not worth the trouble.

I haven't had any heartburn either (knock on wood). I love spicy food too, so I will be sad when the times comes to give it up.

18 weeks today and only 3 more days until we find out!

Yay for 18 weeks!

I hope baby cooperates!! 3 days will be here before you know it, but man it feels like forever!

This last little stretch has definitely been the worst!

Hey, ticker baby moved up too!