Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rachel/rachoochoo updates

Default Rachel/rachoochoo updates

Our TTC journey ultimately began in 2007. It took us exactly 25 months and 3 rounds of clomid to get pregnant with our first daughter. She was born 05/2010 and it was love at first site. We instantly knew that wanted another baby ASAP. When she was only 5 months old I got pregnant again and miscarried before I ever really got the chance to get used to the idea of being pregnant again. Just a few months later we found out we were expecting again and 12/2011 we added another girl into our family (on her daddy's birthday!).

Two under two was a rough ordeal for me for the better part of that first year but the closer my baby got to turning 1, the more I started to get that itch for another bitty baby. I stopped BC 11/2012 but was still breastfeeding and my cycles didn't return until 02/2013 and that is when we began TTC in earnest. My cycles were all over the place and I wasn't always ovulating or ovulating late so having had past success with clomid I went to my doctor and got prescribed it again. I did four rounds on the clomid and my body successfully responded to it but I was not getting pregnant. During the process I was becoming very emotional and gaining a lot of weight.

In 09/2013 I made the very difficult decision to put TTC on hold and try to get myself to a healthier place so that we could continue. I went on phentermine and made some drastic diet/exercises changes in my life and lost 30 lbs in 2 months! I had one more month of phentermine to go and plans to lose another 20 lbs before TTC again when I got a very surprise BFP! So here I am! God had bigger and better plans for me than I did for myself and I am happy that he knows better than I do.

I had my first appointment last Thursday and my doctor said, "your uterus feels like an 8 week uterus." Taking that to mean I am exactly where I should be and I am now eagerly anticipating my first u/s this upcoming Wednesday morning. Can't wait to see little bean!

Love this!!!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

I'm thinking that I need to be cathed at night. I lost track of how many times I got up to pee. Between that and the all night long strange dreams I am not getting fitful sleep lately. Very ready to get past the first trimester fatigue and get a little bit more rest.

Everyone told me that the peeing thing would stop in the 2nd tri and then start again in the 3rd. Lies. It never stopped. Just got progressively worse. Lol. Last night I think I got up twice an hour.
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

Great story!
    Peeing at night is something plus nausea that keeps reminding me I'm pregnant! Lol
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

I guess I suck at updating but there is really nothing to report here. Other than being exhausted 24/7 this has been as easy as it could be. It's definitely much different going through this with two kids instead of one. Ava was so little when I was pregnant with Olivia that I was able to take naps with her and she was still napping twice a day. Now I'm lucky to get nap out of her at all and it's usually only about an hour. It is fun that they are big enough to talk about the baby in mommy's tummy though. Olivia, my youngest keeps asking to see the baby then she pulls my shirt up and smooches on my belly.

I'm still trying to decide when to announce and come up with a cute picture idea for it so I guess until then I will just keep it a secret. I had planned to be sharing it this week but since I got pushed back a week I feel like I want to wait a little longer. Most likely it will be the week of Christmas but I am considering possibly waiting until after my next appointment on Jan. 2nd too just so I can hear the heartbeat one more time.

I'm looking for a better announcement this time since 3 is a charm lol

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    I'm looking for a better announcement this time since 3 is a charm lol
    Well if you have any awesome ideas please share!

I did tell do by putting my kids on the floor, plus between them, a plus after, a question mark, equals 3.

Rach..."nothing to report" is definitely not a bad thing !!!! Pretty soon we'll all be able to post about baby wiggles, gender scans, growing bumps...I can't wait !!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I guess I have one thing to report. DH is begging me to not do team green. I'm really disappointed over it but it is not worth it to me to fight it either. I also feel like I really really want a boy this time and I WILL be ok if it's a girl but I feel like I might need a little bit of time to accept if it isn't a boy.

And totally unrelated to the above but I feel like with the due date change it feels like I have been 8-9 weeks pregnant forever. It was flying up until then.

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    I guess I have one thing to report. DH is begging me to not do team green. I'm really disappointed over it but it is not worth it to me to fight it either. I also feel like I really really want a boy this time and I WILL be ok if it's a girl but I feel like I might need a little bit of time to accept if it isn't a boy.

And totally unrelated to the above but I feel like with the due date change it feels like I have been 8-9 weeks pregnant forever. It was flying up until then.

Rach we ended up not doing team green either as you know. I don't regret finding out at all. I was excited for it to be a surprise but knew if it was a girl then my DS needed time to be prepared because he wanted a brother so bad. One good thing though is that now I can go through all my boy clothing and sort through everything. They are 5 years old so I really need to go through and decide what to keep and what not to keep.

I am an exhausted and moody/hormonal mess lately. Not sleeping well at all. It takes me forever to get to sleep then I have strange dreams all night long and wake up hours before I need to unable to get back to sleep. Not a fitful sleep at all. My 3.5 year old is fighting naps and only sleeping maybe an hour when she does at all so I am not getting a lot of opportunity to nap during the day either. DH is also being very touchy feely lately and I am in this not wanting to be touched phase of things right now so it's all I can do not to swat his hands away and yell at him.

Sorry Rach, BTDT, no fun. Especially on the not wanting to be touched, that was not a great phase. And ugh insomnia is the worst!! I hope you start getting some relief soon.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I was supposed to pick up the doppler from my friend this morning and she messaged me saying that her son threw it down the stairs and it doesn't work at all now. I'm really disappointed and was looking forward to using it today. Part of me wonders if she changed her mind about loaning it out and came up with an excuse not to but I will never know for sure.

It is just amazing what a difference a good night of sleep can do for you! I took a benadryl before bed last night and I feel almost like a new woman. I actually slept instead of the weird dreams all night long. Still got up a few times to pee but was able to go right back to sleep every time. I don't want to take it every night but oh man, I feel so much more rested this morning then I have in a long time.

I'm glad the Benadryl worked for you!!! The NP told me 3x a week is ok. I did it once and didn't really feel like it helped. Maybe I waited too long to try it and nothing would have helped anyway. Yay for sleep!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Hey Rachel. Was stalking you and thought I'd share this in case you were interested. See if you can find reviews maybe? Just an idea! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocket-Fetal...item1c37fad286
    ~Andrea~

Thanks Andrea! I will check it out! My sister and I are talking about getting one together when all the Christmas/birthday chaos is over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I'm glad the Benadryl worked for you!!! The NP told me 3x a week is ok. I did it once and didn't really feel like it helped. Maybe I waited too long to try it and nothing would have helped anyway. Yay for sleep!
    I did it here and there with both past pregnancies and it was kind of hit and miss whether it really helped or not. Maybe try it again sometime.

I feel like everything is already pushed so high up and already feeling uncomfortable from it. I constantly feel really full and when I eat it just feels even more uncomfortable. Definitely only eating to survive not for comfort right now. I need to take another picture soon but I feel like the top part of my belly is huge now. I am really struggling with the idea of gaining weight again when I was working so hard to lose it. I know that I will gain some and that is for a good cause but it's a struggle for me. Since I was taking the phentermine I lost a lot really quickly (30 lbs in 2 months) and when I quit taking it I instantly gained about 5 lbs back. Since then my weight has stayed pretty steady but it's starting to look like I might go up a couple more lbs.

you have done a phenomenal job Rach and I think with the healthier eating habits you've formed, you're going to do great this pg !!

I know it's tough during the holidays but you're almost there and I'll bet it won't be nearly as bad as you're thinking it's going to be .

Thinking of you ♥!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Finally rocking the maternity pants and it feels awesome! They are smaller than the ones I wore last time and I could almost go a size smaller but I figure when I gain a little more they will probably be just fine. SIL drew my name for our family exchange and gave me a $25 Old Navy card so I am going to use that to get some super comfy maternity yoga pants for lounging around the house in.

Sounds like a great present!

Yaaaay, so excited you have comfy clothes !! I feel being comfortable makes such a huge difference in how we feel overall .

I am awful about updating here. Nothing really super new going on. The exhaustion and insomnia continue to kill me. When I lay on my back really still I almost think I can feel little bean...but only maybe. I felt Olivia flutters at 11 weeks so I know it's possible but not ready to 100% call it yet. I'm really ready to move into second trimester and maybe find a little burst of energy somewhere.

Oh and 11 weeks today!

HAPPY 11wks!!!

I hope you get some 2nd tri energy soon !

Oh and since we have decided that we will be finding out what we're having I am dying to know like NOW! I want to buy baby stuff but I'm holding back for at least another month.

You could get the otc intelligender kit . I've only seen them in Walgreens and know nothing about it...for $38 I'll pass, lol, but it would be fun to do and see if it was accurate .

Yay for 11 weeks!