Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie/Geneari updates

I gained 25/30 pounds with my last pregnancy. It happened after the morning sickness left. I remember my third month I had not gained one ounce...

the weight will come! (And go if you breastfeed.)

good luck.

Woohoo! 16 weeks!

Yay to 16 weeks! Eat even if not hungry, better proteins like nuts but not peanuts as too oily. Don't worry about appetite. It might be also psychological since you are set on not gaining much
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Today was the deadline to apply for graduation for my MS. I almost missed it, because I don't care anymore. I haven't done any work on my thesis, which I will have to turn in and present in March...March! I had an opportunity (that I missed) to do a coursework only degree and I missed that deadline by a week. No point in feeling bad about it, I can't change that, though I really wish I had been paying attention.

I feel a strange mix of feelings, it's hard for me to call it depression because I'm so happy. But I'm worried and anxious about the future. I started this finishing college journey 7 years ago when getting married and having kids wasn't even on mine and BF-version of DH wasn't even on our radar. He's sacrificed a lot (by his own choice) to help me do this and not finishing, unless I had an awesome job, would be awful.

I just don't know how I'm going to do this.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Wow it's amazing what a good cry will do for you. I've been holding those feelings in awhile.

There's nothing to be done but to do it. I Still have job applications out there and if something comes of it great, but it's unwise to count on that.

I Can do this!

Hugs. All feelings and senses are heightened now so no wonder you are feeling so emotional! !!

I'm starting to think I may have some blood sugar issues. When I drink my diluted oj, most of the time if I'm not eating with it, my heart starts pounding noticeably. And today I'm feeling very loopy and a little strange about 2 hours after breakfast. I'm going to eat some heavy protein right now. But I also had a cup of coffee for the first time in almost a week, idk if that has anything to do with it.

Sigh. I hoped it wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I'm starting to think I may have some blood sugar issues. When I drink my diluted oj, most of the time if I'm not eating with it, my heart starts pounding noticeably. And today I'm feeling very loopy and a little strange about 2 hours after breakfast. I'm going to eat some heavy protein right now. But I also had a cup of coffee for the first time in almost a week, idk if that has anything to do with it.

Sigh. I hoped it wasn't true.
    Ususally if you have sugar issues You will feel really really sleepy after eating high sugars or carbs. FX that you don't have any glucose intolerance.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Quad screen came back negative. It's odd, that hasn't been on my mind at all and I was like...huh? Oh! Good news.

Weight was up a little today, I hope it sticks this time.

I'm trying to be calm about what's going to happen with jobs and money and everything after I'm done with school and the baby is here. It's completely uncertain and unknowable and I just can't think about it for more than a few minutes without freaking out completely. So...I'm trying to be calm about it.

Great news!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Some food doesn't agree with me and I feel puky and sleepy. Oj is not something I like to drink these days as I keep pardon burping Oj for hours after that. Try something else instead.

Good news!

sorry that you are trying not to be worried about money. You mentioned school, are you a teacher or finishing your degree?

I'm finishing a Master's degree, theoretically finishing, sometimes I think I'm missing a requirement. Anyway, after May I'll have no income from my work there and unless I get a job in the interim it will be too late to try to get one until after the baby comes.

Major insurance headache and getting no help from anyone involved. It's like they don't want to get paid. Everyone I talk to tells me to talk to someone else and I don't think anyone really listens to me. This doesn't seem like a very complex issue, just take a panel of tests and itemize bill them instead, it's not that hard.

In other news, I applied for a graduate certificate in GIS (my field of study). At the very least I'll escape with that certificate, if I don't complete my degree. And lately that seems less and less likely to happen.

You can always take a year off and pick up when the baby is bigger. Sorry about your insurance troubles

Of course you're right. I never think about those things. I'm just been so hyper focused on now and being the model student/wife/mother-to-be that I can't see tomorrow very clearly.

17 weeks!!

2 weeks to go until we can name this baby, I am so excited! My DH said he would be a little sad that we'd have to stop calling it 'the baby', I laughed. We never have to stop calling it that, I said.

Feeling some movements a couple times a day, it's so short that I don't realize it until it's over. Going to be so happy when they're more regular.
    Last edited by Geneari; 01-23-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Happy 17 weeks! I'm still really only feeling movement in the evening when I have time to lay still.

So exciting! I am going in at 18 weeks, on Monday, to try and see!!

Yay, happy 17 weeks!! Lol at your husband. It will never stop being his baby, not in 20 years

I got pregnant with my 3rd while I finished my BA. I had intended on getting my MA after but after one day I us enrolled. Homeschooling my eldest (5 yrs old), having a 3 yr old and a baby that I was nursing was too much to add a Masters degree on my plate. These two degrees were like night and day with homework... You should feel is proud that you will have this degree before your baby is born.

I finished my BA 4 months ago... So glad I didn't stay in school with getting pregnant again with our fourth. I (with husbands encouragement) decided to not peruse a job. So that I can stay a mom at home with my babies. My original plan was to teach online but with only a BA... That is a no go...

give your self a break, because being pregnant does all kinds of weird things to your brain. During my pregnancies, ?I have lost my keys, purse, textbooks, diaper bag. Locked my keys in my car, got lost in my hometown, forgot to put my car in park and had to call a tow truck to "start" it, etc. Etc. etc.

enjoy being a new mom. Think on how you want your live to change because of your baby. What kind of things do you want for him/her?

So the very first job I applied for weeks ago, I got a call for a phone interview today! I'm excited and nervous. I really think this particular job is kinda perfect for me and I don't want to screw it up. The commute is the #1 drawback but if the pay is where I think it is, then it is possible that DH could be a stay at home dad while I work. (which is a scenario we have discussed a lot and he is sorta attached to the idea, but it's a fluid situation). After checking up on their salaries, I'm not sure it's possible anymore, since I will very likely also need a new car and I'll have to start paying back my student loans. But I also know that my DH is committed to having our kid raised by US and making lifestyle changes if necessary to do what we want. OH I don't know. Ramble ramble.

My weight is up a little more, so that's good. 10 days until our big u/s!

Great news. At least you get to practice at the interview if not happy with the offer!

The pre-appointment is worry is setting in a lot earlier this time. Maybe it's because my anticipation has been greater, I mean we'll get to see our baby AND name him or her!

I'm just not feeling so pregnant lately, which is a feeling that is maddening and makes me feel like I'm being ridiculous. My digestion is all of sudden totally different, my belly hasn't really grown at all in weeks, breast tenderness is much less. I haven't been feeling the things I was calling "baby movements" as much.

But I still have a bump when I suck in my belly as much as I can (which is pretty awesome), and mood swings are definitely picking up. I'm eating more, even though my appetite isn't back. Nipples are still very sensitive.

I am distracting myself with intense job interview preparation. I really want this job, so I want to be ready for as much as they can ask me as possible. Since I'm actually expected to KNOW things, it's kinda cool, and I feel like I DO know things, so even better.

Enjoy your preparation! When are you having an interview in person?

Popping in!! Off topic I know, but how are you doing with all that snow??? I've been getting a lot of pics from Blairsville & Helen and it's all white!!!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Oh the snow, so pretty and so dangerous. The roads were a mess but thankfully i didn't have to go any where, but my husband had hard time getting around the mountain roads.

And today the snow is almost gone! Only left in places with heavy shade or not south facing.

Stay safe! Didn't realize you are in one of those areas with heavy snowfalls! !

Lol, no, it was a total of 2 inches! The problem is that our area is unprepared for any snow and the roads turned to ice almost instantly, which is very dangerous.

Probably like having snow here (we never even get 0C here)

18 weeks!!

Phone interview in less than 2 hours. I feel prepared and like I could have done more. Mostly I'm nervous about technical questions about things I have no true experience with, or the behavioral questions (You know the: "describe situation where you xx and how you handled it.") that are going to be hard to answer since I've been in college for the last 6 years.

My DH left me a very sweet note in my home office and that will cheer me up! I have to remember 1) minimize personal details 2) don't ramble 3) be awesome. Interestingly enough while I am very socially awkward, I am a pro at phone conversations in a business setting. I guess I just have lots of practice!