Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie/Geneari updates

P.s. I don't see why they won't let you finish master's. Wouldn't it be better if you did and for them too?
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    P.s. I don't see why they won't let you finish master's. Wouldn't it be better if you did and for them too?
    Well, that's an interesting question. On one hand for them they could pay me less if I technically didn't finish, but any work I did for them would look more "expert" if they could say someone with a Master's did it.

For me, in some ways it seems silly to come this far and stop (I've always thought that of other people...) but for the right opportunity, it may be worth it. Most employers care more about the knowledge and skills than the actual degree. I know several people who finished short of their degrees and have successful happy careers. So it's more of a personal choice, I guess.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I guess you'll see when the opportunity arises. I did MA and writing the final thesis was a PITA (and we worked in libraries plus had windows 98 to work with which kept crashing). I wanted to do another MA online but so far haven't dared lol

I like Shea Moisture products for dry, itchy skin .

As for the MA...thinking of you and praying it all comes together beautifully; the job, the degree, maternity leave...it all has a way of working itself out but I'm sure not being able to plan in advance is tough
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Got a great insurance update today.

My insurance will pay 70% of my OB visits with no per-visit co-pay (as long as it's prenatal, if I'm sick and need to see them, that's different). They will not bill against my $500 deductible, because that's reserved for the hospital to bill for at delivery.

However, with my policy and the hospital I'm going to the deductible is waived, because they treat it like an extension of the University Health Center.

The hospital charges will be covered at 85%.

This is such a weight off my mind, I just saved at the very least $500.

That's fabulous news, Natalie !!!!

For the first time in two weeks, I haven't had an upset stomach after dinner. I think the m/s may be gone. I still gag and occasionally throw up brushing my teeth, but I know that's a reactionary thing, so who knows how long that will last.

After such an emotional week, I'm looking forward to some happy times with family this week!

Yay to good insurance coverage! I would say it gets easier with m/s but I am in the same situation though homeopathy helps me deal with it. I can't even take prenatals! Hope you have a great time with family!

Oh Natalie, I sure hope you've turned the corner with m/s for good !

enjoy your holiday...prayinh it's restful, peaceful, and happy ♥

Good news all around!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

I know its silly but I'm feeling nervous. My belly feels smaller and less...firm/solid than it has been. I still have nausea and other symptoms so I'm sure its nothing to worry about.

I'm starting to wish I had a doppler...time between dr visits feels like forever.

...thinking of you! Is your dr's office open Thurs? Maybe you could get in to see the nurse for a quick listen with the doppler for peace of mind .

It could be nothing, really. You should be able to have a check at er or something. Hope all is well! I was quite worried as I actually have no increase in belly and I lost 12 pounds, plus it felt like nausea was for some other reasons. But the chiggler is fine. Hugs

Thanks ladies

I think the baby felt like I needed some reassurance, I woke up with nausea and dry heaving...so thanks for that. Like super nausea.

Ick. That's what I had at 12+ weeks and so bad that I have been pondering pre-e or helpp. Cause I also have heaviness at the liver area.
    Hope it goes away soon for you! !

13 weeks!!

I had such a wonderful Christmas though I still feel weird about not seeing DHs family...

I got lots of maternity clothes, hooray for that. Two pairs of the overbelly jeans...which are nice but I'm there yet, so after I try them on, I'll exchange which ever one doesn't fit (I got two different sizes) for an underbelly pair.

So far my favorite gift has to be the set of pregnancy pillows DH gave me, I slept so well I had lots of weird dreams and when I woke up it was like I slept for days. Ahhhhh.

He also gave me a pregnancy journal to write in, with all kinds of questions and stuff, so I can't wait to fill it in!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas too!

:grouphugs:

You said it would happen and I didn't believe you (but I hoped it would be true)...my appetite is back! And I can eat just about whatever I want to, though I still have plenty of foods that are like...no thanks.

I have to try not to eat all the junk that sounds appealing.

And all the maternity pants I got for Christmas are the wrong size, the shirts are wrong too, but too big instead of too small, so I'll grow into them. I'm not getting any smaller in the pants department LOL. Some of the clothes are so cute I can't wait to get into them.

soooo happy your appetite is back!! Woohooo for maternity clothes ...like I told Rach, comfort can make all the difference .

I never told you... HAPPY 13wks!!! How exciting to be in the 2nd tri, wooot !!!

Happy 13 weeks! Yay to appetite!

Went shopping to return my Christmas maternity clothes that didn't fit. I thought it would be an awesome opportunity to get some exercise so I parked as far away from the store I wanted (in a mall, so it's pretty far). I didn't really think that I'd be walking for almost 2 hours! I am so worn out.

I only got 1 thing in the right size. All the jeans at the store were the wrong size or the wrong kind, so I'm going to try and use my store credit online while sales are still going on.

I also got a super cute dress to wear to a wedding in a few weeks. It's very "springtime" but I don't care, it's cute!

With all the ill-fitting jeans I tried on today, I'm starting to think my regular jeans and rubberband combo isn't so terrible.

I'm exhausted!

I despise shopping for/buying maternity clothes. It seems such a waste since you don't get to wear them for very long and then trying to figure out what will fit you both now and later when you are a little bigger. I was given some gift cards for Christmas and should probably buy some clothes with them but gaaah.

Rach, agree 100%!

So I'm a little bummed. My mom got all my clothes at Macy's in their "maternity" section, which is really a *very* small Motherhood Maternity store. Only a select few Macy's have these stores and you can't buy the clothes from Macys.com, because, duh, Motherhood is its own store.

I have a lots of money on a gift card from returning my clothes and only 1 mall to use it in and that mall is over an hour away.

Ugh, how frustrating !!! I'm going with leggings/stretch skinny jeans/jeggings/yoga pants and sweaters/sweatshirts/tees-in-a-size-bigger I think ...I'm not a fan of maternity clothes and shopping for them is miserable imo . I do have 2prs of maternity jeans I like but I'm constantly pulling them up during pg because they are always falling down.

I think you're into something with those pants. I'm a shirt collector and i Love all the maternity tops i have

Maternity jeans really are the worst!! I was always having to pull them up.

So I had a dream that at the anatomy scan the baby is a boy, not questions about it, boy. Confirms my initials feelings, but lately I was starting to think girl, so who knows? My sister's father had a dream while my mom was pg with her---exactly what she'd look like and her name. I think dreams can tell us things, so it would be very exciting to have my feelings about a boy confirmed.

First nesting impulse: I was pulling out stuff in the freezer for dinner and I noticed how disorganized and kinda dirty it was (this is highly unusual behavior for me LOL, DH is the cleaner), so I pulled out everything, removed the tons of fallen ice and cleaned it, reorganized it and all before my herbal tea was ready!

Something I forgot to say yesterday---while I can't specifically feel the baby moving, I can feel the effects of the movement. Yesterday when I was driving, within about a 3 minute span I had to urgently pee, not pee at all and then urgently pee again. And I was like...I think that's the baby doing that.

Awww...the 2nd tri is so awesome !9

Happy New Year!

We didn't' make it out for NYE, which is fine because around 9:30 was energy was gone and I was asleep by 11.

I did a little quick math to see what it would take to gain 15 lbs for the rest of my pregnancy (only 15 are you nuts? ssshh!)...and it would be .57 lbs per week gained or a calorie intake of 2090/day (not including exercise). I don't know how I'm going to do it, I'm so used to 1400ish cal/day and my most recent food tracking is between 1600 - 1800 cal/day with me being super vigilant about eating snacks.

I think my weakest meal right now is breakfast. I can certainly eat more then, but that usually means I'm not as hungry at lunch, so I eat later, and then I don't want an afternoon snack.

Maybe the issue will resolve itself, but I'm pretty sure any day now my scale is going to show more weight lost. It feels like such a strange thing to be worried about, I've been working hard for healthful weight loss for years. I'm not against gaining weight, obviously, I just don't know how I'm going to eat all that.

DH says I'm panicking too soon and that I've only been able to eat normally for a week. And that I'm jut not used to it b/c I still get stomachaches after dinner half the time.

It's normal to lose some weight in the first trimester, esp. when you consider all the morning sickness you were dealing with. As far as how you'll do it, I wouldn't worry too much - I bet you'll be feeling much hungrier in awhile. And all the weight isn't going to be from calories you eat, either. You'll also have fluid (amniotic fluid, extra blood volume) and the weight of the actual baby, which will probably be 7 pounds or more by the end.

Lol, I have the same problem with breakfast/lunch. Can you try to eat a smaller lunch and then a really small snack between lunch and dinner? Or maybe just start eating smaller meals since you're getting stomach aches?