Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie/Geneari updates

28 weeks!!

Varya, it could really go either way. Being a ftm, I'm likely to go at least 41 weeks, so I'm not thinking so much about when. Thankfully I'm at home so I can go into labor and progress in my own time.

I have a solid draft of my birth plan done. I think there will be probably a couple more changes, like right now there's nothing about who is allowed in the room--which I have strong opinions about. I don't want it to be too long, but I want it to cover the things that really matter to me. (and in case I forget, which I'm doing a lot lately, I have to remember to add that I do not want to be given any meds I haven't approved while I'm sleeping--which is apparently something that they often feel ok doing, grr).

So funny story. Last night I decided to weigh myself before bed, a generally bad idea anyway, and I was surprised that it was 174.5. I said to myself, I bet I pee most of that overnight. Sure enough this morning it was 171.8. That's A LOT of pee!! So my weight gain is now +5.8, which is +2.2 from 2 weeks ago--I feel pretty awesome about that. Yay for weight gain!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Lol @ the 3 pounds of pee!!! Now I blame all my weight gain on that!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

First pedi interview today. I liked her more than I expected to but I don't think I will ultimately pick her. All of her answers were great except that they split well and sick visits during the day. That means there's only half as much opportunity to get seen if she's sick and I don't like that. Kids don't get sick on a schedule. It's possible we will see her at least once as several of the pedis do overlap care for the neighboring doctors when their offices are closed or they are super busy.

She also referred me to the pedi she used for her own children to check into, so if he's covered by our insurance I will call him.

Just one note on that...the benefit of split scheduling is that she will be less likely to get sick when she goes in for well-child visits and in all reality, it may only mean the difference of waiting an hour or two for an appt. I have only very rarely had a situation where I *had* to get in the same day and couldn't with my pedi that scheduled that way and in those situations I could get in to see a different pedi in the same office or the NP.

Definitely keep interviewing though...just wanted to toss that out there for consideration in case you hadn't thought of it .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Kelly--thanks, I definitely understand the reasoning and it's not that bad, it was the only negative I guess lol. She said they also do the newborn visits as the first appt of the day so they are the only ones there and no one has been in before them, which I did like.

I think the well vists are first and then sick in the afternoon or it was a mix, I don't remember now. And they sterilize the waiting room in between sessions.

6. Default

It is nice that they take precautions between well and sick visits. I don't know if my peds office does that, they've never told me that they do.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

29 weeks!

So last night my DH was talking to Abby like he does every night before bed--only this time it was a little different. He was telling her about boys and how boys are bad and to stay away from them. So I said, "but you're a boy." And he said, " no I'm not, I'm Daddy!"

It's really sweet, I love how much he's embracing being a dad and I know he loves her so much already.

I just...don't like the "avoid boys" mentality. I want her to be able to form healthy relationships not be afraid of them. I don't want it to be mysterious and fairy-tale-ish. I want her to have self-respect and the ability to say "no" and demand more if she's not treated well. I want her to know the difference between genuine and fake relationships. To take flattery with a grain of salt and compliments with grace.

I hope that we can model a good, healthy relationship for her so that she will want the same for herself.

I don't like that mentality either. But I guess it comes with being a daddy. My DH has always been like that... but he has a daughter. I find it sweet. I think that is why little girls need a mommy and a daddy. Balance.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

While I agree wholeheartedly with your stance on boys, it's still super sweet that he's thinking of her. He's gonna act like one of those dad's that'll meet her first date with a shotgun, isn't he??

But yes, definitely, I think that avoiding boys is only gonna make them all the more tempting!!

Well 14 weeks without throwing up was a nice break, ugh. I have had some nausea but it was full on m/s this morning. I have some zofran but I would have to be nearly dying from m/s to take it, I hate that stuff. Since I'm at home I might ask for a low dose phenergan script at my next appt, some daytime naps would be good for me too I think.

Could have been stress, I might have gotten myself a little too worked up over something since it happened shortly after that. I am very physically reactive to stress, so I need to chill out. It's just hard (and I know I'm being vague but I don't want to talk about it.)

I'm sorry Natalie. I hope the stress in your life lessens up so that you can enjoy the final weeks of pregnancy without being sick.

Ouch. Sorry you are so miserable@ I've been having nausea as well plus darn heartburn. Hugs

Hope you can eliminate some of that stress in your life, Momma, that's the last thing you need!! And sorry about the M/S. I've been feeling it again (though haven't thrown up lately), and like you, won't take Zofran unless it's my only choice!! Yuck.

Hope things lighten up and start to get better soon!

Thank you so much for the support, it means a lot. I want you all to know that emotionally I am well and happy, but sometimes I forget to mention that part and I just sound like a miserable person. I'm not--I promise!

I feel pretty sure that the nasuea and m/s is related to stress, so I'm going to try and focus on things I can handle right now, which thankfully is a good bit of stuff!

I have another pedi interview today, supposedly this is "the pediatrician" in our area, the one everyone wants to see or already does and loves. I'm trying not to let that sway me though, I tend to not like things/people that everyone else likes, so we'll see.

When they did my glucose test (which was normal), they also did an iron and blood cell check. The blood cell test showed that I had larger than average cells, meaning that there aren't as many of the small or new red blood cells. My midwife didn't seemed concerned and said they would just recheck it PP and see if I need some b-12 shots. Well of course I googled it when I got home and I saw ...several things:

1) without low iron, this isn't really a problem
    2) the baby could be "hoarding" all the new blood cells leaving me with not very many to show on the test
    3) there could be an issue with B-12 and folic acid absorption which makes it harder for me to replicate new blood cells

So since I just happened to have some B-12 + folic acid lozenges around, I decided to take one daily, it's not like more will hurt. I'm not sure what the "recovery" time is for this, like will the supps help immediately or after a month or what. Or will only shots really help...I just know that I feel a lot more tired lately that I think I should. SO I'm going to bring it up at my appt on Thursday and see if they want to recheck my levels or what.

Glad to hear you're glucose test went well and I think you're doing the right thing with your supps. I don't know either how fast they help. But from my anatomy & physiology lessons I know that red blood cells have a "normal" livecycle of 120 days and that your body forms them every day. Sport physiologists say that it takes approximately one week untill high elevation training leeds to increased formation of red blood cells, so it's a fast process. I think you can see results pretty fast if your supps help.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

I hope the supps help!

Hope the supps help. I feel very tired these days and sudden waves of sleepiness so I know it isn't fun!

Really hoping the supplements help. Pregnancy can be so rough on the body, I'm amazed the species has survived!

Hope you find a pedi you love soon! You are so good. I'm lazy- I called Kaiser and said "we need a pedi", they assigned one. Luckily, Maiya and both love her. Maiya has her 4 year check up tomorrow, and is SO EXCITED.

30 weeks! Only 70 days to go--a thought that makes me laugh with joy and nervousness at the same time.

I'm in a really sappy, emotional mood now, will probably cry a lot today.

Happy 30wks!!!!!

You're almost to the single digit countdown !!

Woohoo! Congrats on 30 weeks!

22. Default

Woo Hoo! It is exciting, and scary, all at once!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yay! Just another 7 weeks to full term!

69 days sounds so much more do-able than 10 weeks, lol! So close!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    69 days sounds so much more do-able than 10 weeks, lol! So close!
    I agree!! So exciting though!!! yay!
    Me: Heather {28}, DH: Tahee {30}, & Baby Boy: Carter {born July 2, 2014}... makes three

31 weeks!! Ahhhh 2 months!

I'm starting to freak out about things that can go wrong. It's dumb since there's no reason to think that anything is wrong and I don't feel bad--other than stress-induced nausea (yeah that still happens). I have to relax.

As a third time mom, even though relaxed more than with other 2, I still freak out. So you are allowed to :-D also, as a Sagittarian I ALWAYS think about worst case scenarios first lol this way if God forbid things happen I will be able to gather myself together faster.

Happy 31wks!!!

I tend to start worrying about preterm labor around 32wks, not because I have a reason, but just because .

29. Default

Time is flying by now! (I know not for you.)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

31 Weeks!!! Woo!!!

Well, I'm one like you, that I like to imagine every scenario. But, you just have to remember to imagine the GOOD ones, too. Don't stress over the bad ones without being excited about the good ones!