Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Natalie/Geneari updates

I can relate on being overdue with no progress (dd2). I really hope she comes soon! !!

Well this morning was humbling. After bragging what a great mover she is, I had a hard time getting her to move--at all. Total freak out. All my usual tricks didn't work. Thankfully I have Dorcas to talk me off ledges and I tried her advice and it worked! Yay, but I'm still a little concerned.

I think I learned a valuable mom lesson: sometimes what was working before doesn't work anymore and you have to be open to new things. That and get help from your friends/support system!

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I think I learned a valuable mom lesson: sometimes what was working before doesn't work anymore and you have to be open to new things. That and get help from your friends/support system!

Those are pretty powerful lessons! And all the better to have noticed their truth BEFORE Abby arrives.

Parenthood, especially the first time, was a very raw and doubtful experience for me. It was HUGE to have friends who had been there and done that, but to also know that they don't know everything and that it's okay to try your own way. I think having people in your life to show you they did things differently allows you to change course yourself, not necessarily in THEIR direction but in any other direction that might work. I know, for me, I hit a point with my newborn Elliot where I was like "this stuff worked yesterday, why isn't it working today" and I had to learn to shift gears so it's pretty cool that you're already in the mindset to understand that shifting gears is part of the journey! Definitely good to know that before you get sleep deprived. Maybe tell James to gently remind you of it when you are sleep deprived.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I had one of those moments the other day as well... little man typically moves at certain times, or if I do certain things, and lately none of my tricks have worked, he just moves when he wants... LOL!!! And DH doesn't understand that I get worried when my tricks don't work, but I'm realizing that little man finds his own ways to let me know he's ok....

Maybe she's getting ready for her big arrival!!
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

I'm sorry there was no further progress, that can feel discouraging at this point !

I'm glad you got Abby to move, ya, those are unnerving moments for sure...and super glad Dorcas was there to help you !!!

Praying for all good news on the NT and scans...are they doing a BPP or just a weight/fluid/placenta check? It would be a pain driving in twice/wk for sure, but hopefully she'll come soon and it won't be an issue !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

BPP thought I don't know what that means, I need to look it up.

Oh sorry...Biophysical profile . It's where they not only check baby's measurements, but also the amniotic fluid volume, breathing movements, swallowing, and placental condition to get an overall picture of baby's ability to stay in utero healthfully

Thanks!

The only complaint I have with my MW team is that they don't offer explanations for things, I have to ask "what is that for? " I'm sure that it's so routine to them but I'm new to all this. And I don't always remember to ask.

Is the same with test results. I get the results were normal or a little high and not the actual numerical results, and that bothers me, but again i don't always remember to get the numbers.

Stepping in to say try not to worry if she is on the smaller size both of my babies were "smaller". Cody was 6 pounds 14 oz at 39 weeks and Sophia was 5 pounds 12 oz at 38 4 days (the reason for her induction because they worried about her being too small). However, now that's she's 2.5 her doctor just said "Sophia will just be small probably her whole life, its her normal". Cody is in the 40-50% for everything and Sophia is in the 0-5% for everything nobody is worried because she still grows and gains weight like normal but, just petite all over. I saw one of your pictures you look petite yourself if I am correct, don't worry.
    *** Lindsay ***

Well happy 40 weeks to me.

I feel so much less charitable towards the idea of FTM going 41 weeks + hahahaha.

Leaving soon for my BPP. Since I had the AFI last week, I'm interested to see what has changed--if anything. Especially the weight estimate--I'm curious how one week and a different tech will change the measurement, call it scientific curiosity.

Then I have to wait an hour until my MW appt--fun, they just had to fit me in where ever because of last minute scheduling and the holiday. Man, I'm in a grouchy mood this morning.

Keep us updated!

Happy 40 weeks!! I would be grouchy too if I had to spend all day at appointments and driving to and from! Treat yourself to a milkshake or something on the ride there or during the hour you need to kill. Looking forward to an update.
    Last edited by RedDonahue; 07-03-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Happy 40wks!!!!!

thinking of you! I second Rachel's suggestion...treat yourself to something out of the norm .

Stalking !

Wellllll, when I got there the MW said if my scan was normal then we could skip my 2nd appointment! I mean they literally checked me 2 days ago. So that was good news.

Her growth is appropriately more than last week. The tech (this is the one I love, she's super nice and has been following me since ttc) said that she measures on average half a pound more than the other tech on a consistent basis. And her measurement was 8 pounds, so based on last week's measurement that would put Abby at 7.5 pounds approximately--which is showing a normal amount of growth. I'm less concerned with their number than the fact that growth is good. I know how off they can be.

Fluid is good, blood flow through the cord is good, placenta is good.
    Her HR and lung movements are good.

She's just not ready. And I'm honestly ok with that. I know I've been very grumpy lately but I am truly content to let her keep growing as long as it's safe to do so. It's not like I'm going to get any less comfortable.

great update!

I'm glad you're feeling good about where things are at right now

Good deal!!! Can't wait to hear about when she does decide to make her debut....
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

Happy 40 weeks! And Yay to all good updates! Glad you are feeling better. But if you feel like smashing something - stepping on empty soda cans/milk cartons can help with that: easier to recycle and helps with letting that energy out!

After a weird night's sleep--for some reason my right leg would hurt I slept on either side but would not hurt if I slept on my back--I woke up with the sensation that I was bleeding, you know that feeling you get with AF...

Thankfully I'm not bleeding, just lots of brown/light pink mucous! Yay! Something's happening!! Truly can't be much longer now!

Oh my word Natalie, super excited for you !!

Hoping and praying as you get up and moving around today gravity will do it's thing and put some pressure on your cervix to get labor going full throttle !!!!!!

Oh hoping this is it!!!

Oh yay! Keep us updated

Well we've moved into red/pink mucous--yay!

No real contrx yet, but I think they're coming, lots more pressure and some intermittent right leg pain--which I've read is from nerves being pressed on the back. I did some cat/cow stretches and that seemed to help but I'm thinking it can come back.

I think I'd like her birthday to be 7/7/14, but part of me wonders if we'll make it to Monday. I guess we really only have make it to 12:00:01 LOL!

Woohooo !!!

I get sciatica down my right leg during early labor...it eases up as baby moves down .

More pressure is fantastic, sounds like you have a lot of effacement happening !

Cmon Abigail Lillian...mommy and daddy are excited to meet you!!!

Hoping and praying contrx get going for you...I usually have good luck walking with long strides or doing stairs to keep baby in a good position. Maybe take a walk, drink some strong RRL tea if you have some, and lay down for a nap. Everything crossed Natalie !!

Woo-hoo! Stalking :-)

Come on baby!!!

Woohoo! Come on baby. I think 7/7/14 would be a great birthday. I AM kinda biased though because mine is 7/7/77. Yeah I'm old. Lol. 😄

Checking for updates...

Stalking!

Let's see. ...I made the strong rrlt like Kelly suggested and early contractions started at 6:30. Then i decided better sleep while i still can lol.

Real contractions started at 3:15 am and have been 7 mins in the dot for almost an hour now--I had to stop to breathe typing this haha.

I'm using belly breathing and the word "open" to get me through totally not planned just going on instinct.

Wonder how long i should hang out at home, it's only been an hour so far, but i can tell the intensity is really picking up.

Stay at home as long as you can Natalie. It's really the most comfortable place to be! I'm so happy you are laboring on your own. Try and get some rest, that's the best advice I can give. Of course you're probably too tired to sleep but you will need that energy later!