Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie/Geneari updates

Kelly--yes!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

2. Default

Awww!!! You have a little thumb sucker!! They are the BEST self-soothers, EVER!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Wow that's freakin adorable! LOL Great update and glad you weren't leaking. All least if nothing has changed yet you still have time to do any last minute stuff :-)

I know Abbie and Eric just have a telepathic agreement to freak us out for a while with all false labour stuff. So I told him no chance - you are getting evicted on 30th and you are welcome to inform Abbie that she can follow lol

Oh my good, I missed so much. Sorry you felt that terrible, I did too. Your girl is adorable. Can't wait to see pictures of her when she is born. Hang in there. I can tell you it's definitvely worth it!
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

39 weeks! I can't believe it's almost over, when in some ways I feel like I just started. Time is weird like that.

Ever since I found out that I was not leaking fluid I've been a lot calmer about when things will happen. I'm not trying anything to "make" progress happen, just content to be ready when it does.

Contractions were stronger last night, some woke me up. I think I even heard myself grunting LOL. I've been having really bad dreams too, even napping this morning the dreams were bad. Makes it hard to sleep. I'm physically tired--like in my body, but mentally I'm good, I guess that's something.

I'm also not hungry today and I've told myself that's ok but we WILL stay hydrated. I had a light breakfast and will probably just nibble on little things. I've been SO hungry the last week just sort of eating whatever I wanted carelessly and more protein than I usually would so maybe I'm coming off that.

Happy 39 weeks! I hope things start moving along for you soon. It is REALLY unnerving with the amount of contractions I also get which just die out. Meh. Just another 3 days for me and hopefully not long for you either!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

39wks!!!

I'm sorry about the bad dreams...having some here too and it does make it a bit harder to sleep .

Thinking of you !!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

39 weeks Your u/s pic is just adorable! My mom tells me that I was sucking my thumb when she had a u/s with me and that after I was born I never sucked it.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    My mom tells me that I was sucking my thumb when she had a u/s with me and that after I was born I never sucked it.
    Did she give you a pacifier? I wonder if she was just able to substitute. DS2 was sucking in the womb and he refused ALL pacifiers. Hard core, that one. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Happy 39 weeks. I'm sorry you feel so tired. But probably it's a good sign. I felt absolutely miserable the day before Elina was born. Hope this means you're getting close too.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Did she give you a pacifier? I wonder if she was just able to substitute. DS2 was sucking in the womb and he refused ALL pacifiers. Hard core, that one. ;)
    I don't think so. I haven't asked her but none of my baby/toddler pics show me with a binky.

How's it going? I hope you go in labour by Monday and our kiddos are born on the same day!

Confession time: I'm getting worn down by all this waiting and general inconsistency of how I feel. I doubt I'll ever say out loud that "I'm done" but I am very ready to hold this baby on the outside!

It would be different if I felt bad all the time or felt good all the time. But it's like one hour I'm nauseated and have to lie down, one hour I'm fine and want to go shopping, one hour I need to sleep--and it's like an endless rotation.

I got a little diaper crazy again and joined like every FB diaper selling page, while also watching about 10 auctions on ebay. The ebay ones really crack me up, I can't believe people are willing to pay full price practically for used diapers, just buy them new. Anyway, I got 10 AIO nb bumgenius for $75, which is roughly half retail (with free shipping!). I only had 2 aios, and I wanted to have them for easy nighttime changes, easing DH into it, and most especially day care (that's the REAL reason but let me justify spending money I don't have ok?). As long as the pocket OS diapers I got earlier this year fit her, I really shouldn't need anymore ever. Which makes me happy. But who knows, maybe they won't fit or I'll hate them or something.

when I was first pregnant I felt that if I ever say I'm gone I'll be judged. you can totally say it. I know I am done (may be not with whole baby business but with this pregnancy lol). It is truly unnerving how the closer we get to delivery the worse we may feel. With dd2 I was having horrid migraines 2 weeks before labour started. Then in 1 day I went from gobbling all the food and moving around with the speed of light to the worst pain I ever felt in my entire life. So yeah, it is not fun.
    Glad you got yourself something you need and like! I considered cding all 3 times but I am sticking with sposies as I really really won't be able to do it. For ones, washing and drying them will be a huge pain and expensive due to all electricity used. I know sposies are bad for environment but in many other ways I up cycle and recycle a lot so I hope I do compensate somewhere (yeah, I still feel the guilt).
    You Should Post Your stash Picture! !!

Varya, we all do what we can do, making any effort to reuse and not be wasteful is a benefit in my mind. There are other new moms I know who have considered Cd and decided it wasn't for them and that's ok, I know others that never gave it much thought and that's ok too. For some reason, it was the only option in my mind and when I realized that I could do it and not have it be some horrible experience I was sold. And I really can't say how happy I am the day care will do them too.

True!
    Sending you labour vibes! !!

It's ok to admit you're done. It gets tough and exciting towards the end. If that makes sense.
    I used sposies with my first DD and didn't know anything about CD'ing. With my DS, I CD and loved it. I plan to with this little girl. I'm having fun selling boy prints to afford my girl ones :-). I use sunbaby Dipes. They're pockets :-). Anyway, hope it happens sooner than later

Popping in to say kudos to you CD mamas! I wish I had the time to do it. My cousin does it and they love it too!
    Hollie(32) & DH- Ken(33)DD1- Autumn DD2- Raegan

How are you today? Loved your last sewing project. How's nesting going?

Just checking in on you! Hope all is well.

I cloth diapered DD for the first year, then gave my stash to a couple in need. Overall it was a wonderful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    Just checking in on you! Hope all is well.

I cloth diapered DD for the first year, then gave my stash to a couple in need. Overall it was a wonderful experience.
    That is so sweet! I've gotten all of mine used, even though new is still cheaper than sposies, I still think new ones are super expensive! I've only felt dissatisfied with the quality (like they said it would be better than I think it is) once or twice, but I got such great deals it's hard to complain too much.

I wish I could say I felt something in the labor progress department. I had a few pains in the cervix, you know like before AF comes, so I *hope* that means there was some dilation going on.

Abby was super-super active on Saturday, like she's never been before. It was crazy. Then yesterday she was a little less active than normal. And today (even though it's still early) I can tell she's shifted into some really subdued state. So I HOPE that is a good sign.

I almost give up thinking about this stuff, I figure it will be pretty obvious when things are for real. Of course I have a little worry that what if nothing does happen?

I really don't want to end up with a section--a study I read showed that "expectant management of pregnancy (women hoping to go into labor on their own) was associated with an approximately 22 percent higher odds of cesarean delivery than elective induction of labor"!!!!!! It will change my whole PP plan, because I know the limits of my DH and there's no way he could manage helping me with my recovery and taking care of the baby. It's not a slam on him, we're a team, you don't set your teammates up for failure. Especially not someone you love and a brand new dad.

I'm pretty sure I'll get over not having the birth I want much easier than not having the PP time I want. Anyway...let's just hope it doesn't come to that!

You could definitely be dialating, you hear those stories about women being a 3-5 and not even knowing it before they are checked! How awesome would that be? lol I'm not that lucky but you could be. Abby is less active today but you are still feeling her correct? My OB stressed that if I ever had long periods of time with no movement to come in and be checked just to be on the safe side. She could totally just be out of room in there! lol

And you're right, it'll be pretty obvious when things are getting real. My very first contraction EVER came at the begining of my labor. And I was like "OH, THAT is what a contraction is" lol I was 40weeks +4 days.

You've probably heard, once you hit 40 your Doc might try and get you to schedule an induction. "If she doesn't come on her own by (insert date) we will induce on this date." And that is just for her safety, the environment inside starts to deteriorate after that point. Have you tried any of those jump start your labor methods? Or just patiently waiting? I walked the mall for hours trying to get DD out at 40 weeks, nothing. Sex, nothing! lol I even drank some kind of tea that everyone swore by. Keep us updated.
    Last edited by RedDonahue; 06-30-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Natalie, I started with sharp pain in cervix. Then walk up with pain and feeling like water inside of me was running through a tap. Weird feeling. And then contractions started hitting and I had a bloody show. I really hope you are starting labour!!! Huge hugs

Rachel I'm using midwives, they won't recommend induction until after 41 weeks, thankfully.

I am definitely still feeling her, just very soft and she moments

Stupid mobile updates. Soft and slow movements.

I keep hoping i can just will my water to break hahaha.

I worried with my first also that I wouldn't know, but I definitely knew . The contrx woke me up at 2am and I couldn't get back to sleep...timed them for 2hrs, woke dh who timed them with me for 2hrs, and headed to the hospital when they were 2mins apart and 60s long. I was 3cm and 90% when I got there (had been a fingertip dilated and 60% the day before at my appt)...still fairly comfortable, but not for long, lol .

I was overdue and had a big baby for a ftm...I worried a little about a c/s also.

hoping and praying for a great L&D and no c/s

Eta...LOL, I do love when my water breaks because I know without a doubt baby will be arriving very soon. The downfall is that once it breaks it's crunch time...if baby doesn't deliver in x amount of hours or if there's not a lot of progress then they're more likely to augment with pit which of course increases the odds of c/s. However, I've had great induction experiences after my water broke and no contrx or progress . My water has also broken prior to contrx twice and labor did kick in by itself...those were my best pit-free L&Ds. I just labor better with no water I guess .
    Last edited by kellyowens; 06-30-2014 at 02:09 PM.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

My 40 week appt is today at 1:15.

I'm like 95% sure that I won't let them strip my membranes if they ask. There's just not enough evidence that it works and I may need more appointments (ick) for monitoring, so no thanks.

I thought my water broke last night but apparently I'm just really sweaty.

for more progress!

!! good luck

Well I wanted to give an update...there's nothing to update! No change at all.

I was not thrilled with the news and my midwife said..."well, do you want to be induced?" in a tone of voice that said the option is still there, even though it's not what you want.

So now I have twice a week appointments---ughhhhhhhhhh. Thursday I'm getting an u/s to recheck estimated weight (sheesh) and placenta health (which is a better reason to do it) and next Monday I'm having an NST to make sure she's still happy to stay in.

Honestly aside from checking placenta health, I'm not sure all this is necessary. I'm perfectly healthy, my weight, BP, urine has always been good (except that week I was sick and bp was off). Abby moves like a champ, even with the normal slowing down, I've never felt the need to do purposeful kick counts and I can always make her move if I think she's been quiet too long for my liking. Maybe I wouldn't be so against it if I didn't have to drive an hour each way for these appointments.

At least with more time baking, she can gain more weight, which is something I approve of, I've always been a little concerned about her being on the smaller side.