Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie/Geneari updates

Yay to 38 weeks and boo to how you are feeling - I am feeling the same minus congestion. Hugs and hope not so long for you! !

I'm sure all your friends/family are excited for you! Because they aren't super pregnant and misterable! lol Admittedly I have been checking your thread every day for updates but Dorcas is right, you probably still have a couple of weeks. They say the first baby is late to the party, and that's true for most people I know including myself. So just sit back, relax and don't stress. There's not much to be excited about when you feel like craaaaap. Most people get anxious more than excited because they just want to feel better and have the baby and be done with it. Which is also very normal!

The overwhelming love and excitement will come, just you wait. For me the excitement came first in the form of relief because I was done with labor FINALLY after 38 hours. lol I cried and cried and cried just from the relief that she was here and out of me. And then in the wee hours of the night holding DD, when everyone else was sleeping in the hospital, the reality hit me and that unconditional love became apparent and also overwhelming. It's mostly a daze now, but I remember that moment just staring at her, talking to her, telling her that I will protect her and take care of her as long as she'll let me.

Don't feel too bad Natalie. I still have 6 weeks (supposedly) left, and I'm already ready for it to be over. I know I have some extenuating circumstances that are causing me much more pain than a normal pregnancy would be, but still.. I mean I'm excited about him getting here, but at the same time, I'm just hurting and cranky and over it...

I just keep reminding myself, it will all be worth it when he gets here!!! I hope your LO decides to make her appearance soon!!! I too have been stalking this thread for a baby announcement

Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

Thanks for all the support, I really need and appreciate it!

I got a little worked up over my MW saying it could be this week--I think she just wanted me to be mentally prepared for the possibility. But we both know that FTM can/do go over all the time.

I had a nice nap and now am working on some easy sewing projects, mostly cloth wipes, but I finished up two "lovey" size blankets (identical because, you know, they have to be same or all heck will break loose if one is lost or being washed!)
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

oooohhhh, sewing..... that sounds fun... I can't find any time for it right now, with still working...
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

I'm sorry you're feeling so rough! I'm more than 10 weeks behind you, and I'm practically ready for this to be done! I'm not exactly feeling that rough, but I am feeling it, and I'm impatient, and and and...

They always say the last few weeks are the roughest. It's really full of anticipation, and a bit (or more!) of misery. Makes them SO long. Wish I had some great advice... All I can say is hang in there, you are doing a super job, it's rough for everyone. And then, of course, there's post-natal amnesia, where you forget all the misery of TTC / early pregnancy / late pregnancy / giving birth / newborn phase and look back on it fondly... And when you're really crazy, you'll want to do it all again! So it will seem like forever as you live it, but it really won't be. <hugs>

Oh, and as for not being exited... I think that's normal. You're the one doing the work! Do you remember when you were a kid, and going on vacation was SO FUN and you were SO EXCITED you couldn't sleep for a week before hand? And now as an adult, instead of being exited, you have to budget and schedule and plan, and you ate SO NOT READY to leave, and then suddenly it's time to go and instead of jumping up and down and bolting out the door, you're like "WAIT!! I forgot to pack the underwear!!". And then you still enjoy the vacation?

Well, that's what it's like to be the pregnant Momma. Totally normal!

Ah, the closer I get the more I am like - ugh, I don't want to do this (as in birth) lol and I think my 5 year old is more excited than I am, cause I am like - oh, is this ever going to be over? And she is like - I can't wait to see my baby brother!
    It just gets tiring and overwhelming and I get asked every day few times a day if the baby is here yet.
    Glad you have some energy for sewing! All I want to do is lay in bed and for no one to bother me and just bring me food

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    Do you remember when you were a kid, and going on vacation was SO FUN and you were SO EXCITED you couldn't sleep for a week before hand? And now as an adult, instead of being exited, you have to budget and schedule and plan, and you ate SO NOT READY to leave, and then suddenly it's time to go and instead of jumping up and down and bolting out the door, you're like "WAIT!! I forgot to pack the underwear!!". And then you still enjoy the vacation?

PERFECT analogy!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    Oh, and as for not being exited... I think that's normal. You're the one doing the work! Do you remember when you were a kid, and going on vacation was SO FUN and you were SO EXCITED you couldn't sleep for a week before hand? And now as an adult, instead of being exited, you have to budget and schedule and plan, and you ate SO NOT READY to leave, and then suddenly it's time to go and instead of jumping up and down and bolting out the door, you're like "WAIT!! I forgot to pack the underwear!!". And then you still enjoy the vacation?

too funny!

So last night was interesting...my contrx were getting more uncomfortable to the point that I wasn't able to get to sleep. I started getting really anxious/excited and a little irritated at not being able to sleep. Eventually I just told myself "You have to calm down. When it's time you won't be able to sleep no matter what, so just relax and try to sleep." I starting sleeping much better after that, but I still got up to pee a super lot.

Abby has moved into a different position (still head down, whew) that I've not felt before. She's much lower and the limbs are in all different places. I'm trying to see if I can figure out by feeling if she's forward or rear facing. I doubt I'll be able to tell but it's neat to try.

ETA: Had some nausea and vomiting (yay, ughhh) this morning. Might not be too long now!
    Last edited by Geneari; 06-22-2014 at 06:12 AM.

I'm so sorry it took a bit to get to sleep and you've had some nausea/vomiting this morning, but wow, those are reassuring signs !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Those definitely sound like some good pre-labor symptoms! I'm sorry you are feeling so miserable though.

Huge huge hugs. Vomiting is what I really disliked about labour. I think more than the pain !!!

Just checking in to see how you're doing!!

Today I feel/felt pretty normal. Some uncomfortable contrx and some minor backache but nothing long lasting or overly exciting.

I had to buy a new car seat because the one we were given (supposedly in good condition) second hand...didn't seem to be safe. We tried installing it last night and for whatever reason the seat wouldn't completely click into the base. Literally you barely tap the back part and it would dislodge. So we both agreed a new seat would be best. So I got a convertible seat and I'm really happy with it, so I guess it all works out.

I had an issue with my mom and what she wanted her role to be after Abby comes and what I was needing/hoping for. We finally got to talk today and worked things out.

Aaaaand I just got an email saying that my breast pump was shipped! 3 good things working out that I was worried about---she must be getting here soon!

I am happy for your last 3 things being sorted, especially issue with mom! Bring the game on now, Abbie!!!

Last night was really interesting! I started noticing really frequent contractions so I was like....let's try out my new contraction timer app! I timed for about 90 minutes and had an average cntrx length of 2 minutes with 6 mins between them, then I got bored and stopped timing for a while. Later I timed again and it was about the same. I started to get a mild headache around 12:30 so I took a tylenol pm and slept very well the rest of the night.

They didn't hurt, though I found myself clenching my teeth at some and had to relax my jaw---relaxed jaws = relaxed pelvic floors ladies!!

Also I'm about 85% sure that I'm leaking amniotic fluid based on what I've read online about how it smells. It's totally clear so I'm not worried about meconium or other infection at this point.

I have an appt this afternoon and I'm going to take my bags and stuff with me. I keep having this feeling that they are going to tell me to go on to the hospital--especially with the fluid leaking situation.

My mood is really good and I'm in high spirits--pretty unusual for me to wake up like that hahahaha. Going to be a long day until my appt at 3:15.

Oh my! I so hope this is it for you!!

Eek, how exciting !!!! I cannot wait to hear how your appt goes...hoping it's baby day !

ahhh!! Keep us updated about your appointment! Good luck this afternoon!!

22. Default

If your goal is a birth that is as free of interventions as possible, then just remember that the longer you labor at home the better your chances.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    If your goal is a birth that is as free of interventions as possible, then just remember that the longer you labor at home the better your chances.
    Yeah I'm totally on board with that, with one exception--I can't pinpoint for sure when I started this fluid leakage. It could honestly be close to 6 days at this point. If stuff can get out, stuff can get in. So I'm just wondering if erring on the side of safety is a better option? I really don't know.

Honestly, the logistics of me going right to hospital are terrible. Since we live over an hour away, both mine and DH cars would be at the hospital and I'm pretty sure I couldn't drive myself home. Which means finding someone else I actually trust to drive my car home or leaving it there to rack up parking fees for a few days. I've thought that it's much better for me to just come home--assuming I'm not in pain or having really serious contractions (which seems pretty unlikely at this point). DH would be home at about the same time I'd be getting back so we could eat and go to the hospital together.

When my water broke with one of mine I already had an appt that day so they confirmed it at my appt and let me go home to see if contrx would start (I was 3-4cm dialted), pack my bags into the car, and have dh come home . They wanted me back within 12hrs after confirmation it was my water though (not from when it actually broke) or if contrx became regular.

With a slow leak (as in you're not gushing enough to entirely soak an overnight pad and no bloody show with the gushes) infection is far less likely since the tear in the placenta is further up .

I'm assuming you're not GBS + so you can probably wait it out a bit. LOL, although, if you get to your appt and you're 5cm dilated well, I wouldn't risk going home in that situation either .

25. Default

From my understanding the amniotic fluid replenishes itself, so I imagine you're still maintaining a good amount of fluid. Lots of stuff to learn at your appointment today!! Can't wait for the update!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    From my understanding the amniotic fluid replenishes itself, so I imagine you're still maintaining a good amount of fluid. Lots of stuff to learn at your appointment today!! Can't wait for the update!!
    Yup, it does, lol, when my water fully breaks I gush enough to fill an overnight pad once or twice every hour or it'll leak a little when I change positions. It's super super super important though, if you think you're leaking water to stay hydrated. My BFF had a slow leak for days with her 4th and had no idea...by the time she started having regular contrx and called the midwife she was dehydrated and baby's heart rate was way up. It was a planned homebirth so she transported and as soon as they gave her IV fluids baby was fine and things proceeded normally .

I would even opt for electrolyte drinks like gatorade just to be cautious.

Good info! I certainly want to stay on track as much and as safely as possible.

Appt update: no cervix changes (boo) but no fluid leaks either (yay!). They did 3 tests, two external and an u/s as a precaution in case I really had been leaking for 6 days and there wasn't much left to pick up.

The u/s was so awesome, I hadn't seen her since 19 weeks and I just...missed that. We found out that she has hair, which is cool b/c neither me nor DH had any when we were babies. Her estimated weight is 6 pounds 15 ounces, but I'll be pretty surprised if she weighs more than 6.5 pounds.

And I got this lovely pic of her sucking her thumb. It was so hard to get b/c of how low she is but the tech was very patient and finally got something you can tell what all the parts are LOL. I hope my little anatomical notes don't ruin it, but honestly until it was pointed out to me I didn't see it.

Sorry you have no progress! I'm telling you - our kiddies are teases! !!! But good you are not leaking and got to see her! Hugs

She is soooo precious !!!! Is she sucking her thumb?

Great news that things are going well ! Bummer about no more progress, but that can change quickly