Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie/Geneari updates

Have fun! I can't wait to hear about it!

Enjoy seeing all those important persons. Have fun!
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Whew that was quite an event, I was so exhausted and sporting my very first "cankles" of this pg afterwards. I was so happy to see everyone and it was a great time. There was some ...interesting family drama but I think there always will be, especially with my whack-a-doodle family.

We got a lot of clothes, which is to be expected--gosh they are so cute! Almost all of them have baby animals and I'm such a sucker for baby animals. My BFF got this yellow "formal" dress and I swear I picked up the exact same one and almost bought it, but was like "when is she ever going to wear this..." LOL!!

We also got some great practical items like bottles and grooming items and even a couple packs disposable diapers...they are nb size, so we might use 1 of the packs.

My Granny wanted to get us a laundry service when she heard we were doing cloth diapers because she thinks it will be too hard to keep up with. I thought it was a sweet idea but so not necessary or even practical since I think you have to use the diapers they bring you and I already have my stash together.

The saga of the free PnP continues. 1) it's not new, it's just in it's travel/collapsed state, 2) it smells a little funny to me, 3) there are no instructions or accessories...so I think it's just a "play pen". I'm going to try and unpack it today to really look it over but it will likely just be a backup assuming no damage or other issues, which is fine. I just have a feeling my DH is going to be difficult about getting another one (even though my mom will do it) because it was free and his sister found it. The sister thing is the bigger issue, if anyone else gave it to us, I think there would be no problem.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Glad you had fun and got lots of useful things! To dh you need to explain that since it is from an unknown source you are not comfortable with it. If it was sil who used it then it would be a different story. Also check for The Brand Name And Google It.

P.S. funny smell could be mold and trust me you don't want a baby to inhale that!

The pack and play saga is over! It was broken--one of the side rails does not snap into place. My mom is getting us the one that I wanted all along. And thanks to my obsession with holding on to every baby-item coupon I ever got since finding out I was pg, it will be less that $100!

I started washing all the new clothes yesterday. And by started I mean picking off all the labels, plastic ties and tags they stick all over those things. It's ridiculous how much crap they stick on there!

Going for my 37 week appt today. Going for the GBS test, a cervix check and probably discuss my birth plan. I haven't seen a MW in almost a month, so I'll be glad for that.

I may be a little crazy but I think I dropped overnight. My belly feels---different than yesterday and I think I can breathe a little easier. I know it doesn't really mean anything but I know something is different from yesterday lol. NM--I think I just feel looser because I did some stretching last night that I haven't done in awhile because I was feeling bad.
    Last edited by Geneari; 06-10-2014 at 06:32 AM.

Great news on the pnp, woooot !!!

I hope you have a great appt today ! Looking forward to an update .

Dropping has never been a gradual process for me, lol, so dropping overnight doesn't sound crazy at all
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

AHHH! 37 weeks!! You are getting so close. Can't wait to hear how your appointment goes.

Yay! Just another 3 weeks for us! Looking forward to your appointment update!

Well I got to my appt and the MW was at the hospital -- this has happened to me about 1/3 of my appointments. They were going to make me wait 30 mins to an hour to see the other midwife...but if I'm late 15 minutes I have to reschedule my appointment, yeah that seems fair. Anyway, one of the OBs had an opening and offered to see me. I said no at first but then I just wanted to get my appt over with so I did it.

While she was nice and did all the right things I was really struck at the difference in care between the midwives and doctors (not just this one, but other OBs I've seen too). It's the difference in feeling like a person vs feeling like a task to be accomplished. I feel like the midwives care about me, they ask me questions, they want to know what is important to me.

Anyway so, the OB goes to check my cervix and she's like "WOW your baby is LOW, like really low!" I'm 1 cm and 50% effaced...so this might be a June baby (Varya....I see you smiling.)

She asked me if I'm feeling contractions and I'm like...no. She asked if I was sure... Well, let's be honest, I don't KNOW what contractions feel like. You might as well ask me if unicorns lick me in my sleep--I don't know. I barely have a sense of what BH feel like.

So I'm guessing I did drop last night, based on what the OB said, my easier breathing and the fact that I was rocking out to some songs in the car and I didn't cough at all singing.

Oh and I got my prescription for my breast pump. Better call the place this week and get that ball rolling.

Can I do a happy dance? lol sorry I just hope she comes when you are ready (whatever that means cause I am on the 3rd and I still don't feel ready for anything until they are here!). But on the other hand, even with progress like that it may take. .. weeks.
    Contractions are tightening feeling in your belly. Some are VERY uncomfortable, some are painful. Most of the time it feels like gas is accumulated and there might be some stabbing or shooting pain in your back. Even real contractions some women don't feel much till they progress beyond 5-6 cm. Also, remember the BP thing you had? Well with my 2nd I had 4 or 5 migraine episodes in 2 weeks which I usually have like once a year. 2 of them on the day which was before the night I went into labour. I signed it off to upcoming typhoon but later read it was a sign of labour for some women.
    I'm excited for you!

I'm still LOLing over your unicorn licks. So exciting that you are making progress! I can't believe you are full term in a couple days. Where on earth did time go?

Happy 37wks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay 37 weeks!!

I have to get a new pic of my low belly--I'm not sure how obvious it will be, but I can definitely tell.

There is SO much left to get and wash and prepare. I feel like I'm racing the clock. It's exciting but nerve-wracking at the same time. I'm finally hitting some typical pregnancy things that I expected long ago: hunger, nesting and swollen ankles. I'm go-go-go-fall asleep a few hours-go-go-go. LOL.

I still have 7 weeks, and I feel like I'm racing the clock too!!!!! Good luck!!!
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

Enjoy! I'm still not in a nesting mode. May be I am I denial that I am ha ha all I want to do is sit on my sofa and watch shows. But I had to wash crib sheets, bathing towels and more yesterday and ironed most of them in the morning. And seems dh is treating me some junk food for lunch (lol - I've been cooking steadily for a few days but today my energy is already out and I still have a student coming in 15 min for 1 hour class! ).

How's your mood these days? Every time I think you get to sleep till 10-11 I am feel so almost jealous lol

My mood is great thanks for asking!!

I have been sleeping pretty well at night lately so I don't sleep so late into the morning. I also have nap during the day. I'm like a toddler, if I don't have my nap I'm overtired and can't sleep at night--it's awful.

Lol I'm the same. Dd2 is teething and does not let me sleep at night plus heartburn keeps me up. 2 more weeks for me. And for you. .. could be any day! !! :-p

I had an appt today and we're seeing more progress! 2cm and 75% effaced. The mw said that the sac was very tight against the baby's head and my water would likely break on its own--possibly this week.

I'm so not ready, just lots of stuff still to do.

Since we live so far away from the hospital & I want to go natural, my mw said to labor at home until i couldn't walk or talk through the contrx, not to worry about the timing.

I feel like this is happening a lot faster than i was expecting!

Sooooo exciting. I hope that you will find the time you still need to get ready but I also assume that you want to see and hold your baby soon
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Good luck!!!! So exciting!!!

How exciting! !! Really one is never ready! Have like around 10 days left before c/s and I am not ready! Just enjoy these days as much as possible -things will settle on their own once the baby is here! !!

Eek!!! That is so exciting!!! And a bit terrifying, too, I'm sure. As Cheeksy said, no one is ever really ready. And you will still rock this motherhood thing!!

Oh... I can't wait!

Wow, can you believe that you're to this point already? That everything along the way has led to this? Trust me, when they lay that little baby in your arms you will be ready. With my first I can remember saying that like the Grinch, my heart grew two sizes that day. You are going to be an amazing mama. I'm so excited for you!

Aww you guys!

Definitely getting lots of contractions--now that I know what they feel like LOL! But probably still just BH--they don't hurt all, just lots of them.

If you have good pain tolerance you may not really notice real contix until you are 5 cm or more dilated. Plus everyone's body reacts different to them. To some even mild ones are horrible.

Any updates???? How ya feeling????

38 weeks and I feel like crap! LOL, but really I do. Headache, body aches, congestion. I know those can be signs for labor soon but when I was thinking about it, the only unexplained symptom is the headache. I gave my dogs a bath yesterday so that's the body aches, I'm almost always congested anyway.

Sigh. I'm just going to rest today. I've been up and at it all week, I need to rest.

Most everything is done now, the stuff that's left can wait.

On a different note, I feel like everyone is more excited about the baby than me. And then I feel bad about that. How can I not be excited about my baby? I've been trying to make sure she has a safe, clean home with all the things she needs but somewhere in there the excitement got lost. I'm literally crying about it.

29. Default

Your body is exhausted. It's hard to be excited about your baby when you're worn down and not feeling well. She's still pretty abstract, except for the jabs. ;)

No matter what you feel in the days leading up to her birth, I promise you that you will feel overcome once you're holding her in your arms.

Besides, you know that you're gearing up for a new job. One you want A LOT, but work nonetheless. You've been dealing with school schedules and breast pump drama and all of the things that you need to have in order before she arrives. When I write that all out, I don't feel excited either. Also, some of these excited people are under the crazy belief that it could be "any day now" ... I don't blame you for not getting excited yet. Why would you want to do that to yourself in the event that she doesn't arrive before 42 weeks?!?!

Give yourself a day or two to relax and I'm certain that you'll feel better.
    Last edited by khadijavye; 06-19-2014 at 08:44 AM.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Those last few weeks are just plain tough ! I was overdue with my first and by that point I was not excited at all anymore...I just wanted it to be *over*.

Dorcas nailed it for sure