Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie/Geneari updates

Some updates:

Been having some crazy painful/weird movements--like she punched me in a nerve, and then another felt like she was scratching at my cervix---super fun. And a lot of the movements were really large/powerful that they made me gasp. So I'm pulling out my Cal-mag supps, I know that the mag will calm things down and the extra calcium certainly won't hurt anything.

Trying to find daycare is sucky and harder than I expected.

I'm finishing my degree this fall--or else lol.

Got of first baby present today--a tummy time playmat! I'm so excited

Things are a mixed bag right now but I'm trying to stay on the sunny side.

Less than 60 days to go!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I know how you feel!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

I can totally relate. Got some hard kicks in my rips this night and just try to see it positiv, at least she is moving, lol. Hope the supps do it for you. But as you mentioned earlier mag slowed movements down last time....
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

32 weeks!!

The University daycare I'm hoping to get into was totally perfect--I toured it today. They even do cloth diapers!! They only take 32 infants at a time and told me there is a high demand for the spots--thankfully it's first come first served, so I really only have the current babies to compete with, I think. I'll know early next month if we got a spot. I really could use a big break on something and this would really take a load off my mind.

At my appt I was measuring 32 weeks and Abby's hr was 159, so that's great. The MW did comment about my weight but said that since my measurements are good and I show no signs of poor health and I look good (lol) that she's not worried about it. I guess I'll try not to as well, but I feel like I should just eat more whether I want to or not hahaha.

Our baby shower is in 1 month!! It's a co-ed thing at a restaurant party room, so nothing excessively girly that will make me all uncomfortable. I'm really glad that my SIL gets my personality and really gets how much DH is into this too, because she made it a party for both of us and I think he needs it too.

The mag is definitely helping, the movements aren't hurting me anymore but they aren't lessened at all, which I am super thankful for.

happy 32wks!!!

I'm excited for you about the university daycare...that's fantastic news...praying it falls into place for you !

Aww, sounds like she's growing beautifully !

That's awesome about your baby shower! I appreciated mine with my first, but yeah, crazy awkward...not a big fan of being the center of attention !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

That is fantastic! I really hope you are able to get her in. Happy 32 weeks! I can't believe us July ladies are hitting the home stretch already!

Yay to 32!!!! I wish I could take supplements - they make me throw up.

P. S. Rachel, no updates from you!

Happy 32 weeks 1 day. Glad the supps help now. Hope you get the spot in the daycare keep my fingers crossed for you

33 weeks...crunch time, at least it feels like it.

SO many sewing project I've laid out and ignored. I feel like I'm anti-nesting now, I just don't want to deal with it. I want to sit in my recliner and watch many episodes of "The Good Wife".

My 3 year anniversary is next week! We've been together for 7 years and it just feels like...time has no meaning. I was married before and with my ex for 10 years off and on--everyday was a struggle with him, but that all feels like blip on the radar to me now. I always get kind of reflective around my anniversary lol. My husband is an amazing guy and perfect for me in so many ways. I really can't wait to start the next chapter of our lives together.

Happy almost anniversary!!

Exciting! I can totally understand about 1st marriage blip - my first marriage was a disaster, .left me heartbroken and I met my husband 7 years after I separated from first. I couldn't be happier and the past is like a blur now.
    Happy anniversary! Hope you finish at least most of your projects before she comes.
    P. S. I love The Good Wife too!

Going to do my hospital tour today. I have some important questions to ask so that's good. There's really only one hospital (barring a strange emergency where I'm far away from home...) that I am willing to go to, so it's not a weeding out tour. I want to be comfortable with the place so it's not strange to me when the time comes. I'm not sure yet if DH will go or not, he's very nervous and uncomfortable with hospitals so I left it up to him if wants to go. Hospitals don't bother me, my mom worked in them most of my childhood and being a somewhat sickly kid I was in them more than I would have liked.

I also need to be prepared if they have responses to the questions that I don't like/expect. I don't want to be surprised by a "policy" when I was expecting things to go a different way.

I've been able to feel little baby feet. She really sticks them out there! It's cool to go beyond a kick and know, hey that's a foot!

I hope you get all of your questions answered today and feel really good about things and more prepared after your tour !

Awww, I love that you can feel little baby feet now...so precious !!

Happy almost anniversary week!!!

I just feel the head and the bottom mostly but sometimes the foot or the fist punches into my belly button - I can feel it more as I have a hernia.

Let us know how the tour went! Hope you are satisfied with everything.

You know, I never did a hospital tour, lol! Sounds like a good thing to do though!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

tour was pretty good. I expected the hospital to be really accommodating and baby friendly and was pleased to have those feelings confirmed.

I don't have to be hooked to monitors constantly, I can have a hep-lock over IV, free movement is encouraged, baby can stay in our room as much as we like. There's other stuff too, these were some of my big questions. Oh and they have amazing baby security, no stolen babies there!

It's a really nice place, I'm glad my insurance prefers it to the other ones around me.

That's nice!
    What do you mean about the baby staying in your room as much as possible? Does it mean at some point they take the baby away?

Well yeah, for the pediatrician exam and bath and newborn tests/shots they do it in the nursery. But we're allowed to go with her to observe. Then she can be with us the rest of the time in the room.

The hospital I had my first at was constantly taking the baby from the room. I hated it. Last time I gave birth at a different hospital and any testing was done in my room. I much prefer the second experience!

Oh I see! At my hospital they take the baby away but only like once or twice to where you can't really go. Technically you can go and observe shots and tests but we never.went. only when they took the baby swimming and for massage.

I think that Abby will not like being swaddled lol. (who knows she might love it) My favorite way to sleep is fetal position, as scrunched up as I can get--obviously less easily being large bellied, but I still try. Most of the time when I get like that, she will punch and kick furiously until I stretch out my legs and sometimes I have to flatten out my hips--and then she stops. It's almost like an on-off switch!

She also lays 90% of the time with her back on the right side of my body. She'll move and then go back within a few hours like it's not as comfortable. I feel like she has a very "I like what I like, deal with it" personality like me. It's going to be interesting!

Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Interesting about swaddling: dd1 was a tummy sleeper and hated swaddling. Dd2 took swaddling for a month and then switched to tummy. All 3 babies in my belly preferred my right side and omgosh it IS so uncomfortable and at painful! This evening I've been watching little bum popping out of my belly on thwhat right and knees or feet kicking me in the belly button. Lol
    Seriously, I love being pregnant during such moments.

Wow after reading your post I had one of those "did I write this" -moments My favourite sleep position is also fetal and scrunched up. Elina lies most of the time on my left belly side and if I lay on my right side she starts kicking untill I shift either to the back or the left side and of course stretch out my legs a bit, so that she has more room

Nice to see I don't have the only picky baby LOL!!

34 weeks--out of the preemie danger zone!

I went to the bank yesterday and the lady looked at me and said "any day now?" and I said with some horror, "I hope not!" LOL. It was a reflex response on my part, she was just trying to be friendly, sheesh.

Soooo, apparently I can't count. I've been thinking for the last few weeks that I've only gained 7 pounds, in fact it is 10.5! Let's just say I'm breathing a little easier about that.

MW appt today and then I think I;m starting weekly appts in 2 weeks...wow.

Yay to weight gain for you!!! I seem to.have lost a pound so yay for me lol
    People will say all sorts of things so really ignore them!

Appt update: I measured at 35 weeks! So I'm not going to give one more thought to my weight--only took 8 months and about 10 people telling me to stop worrying.

Of course now I can worry about other things. Like why my baby's movements felt weak/sluggish/sleepy this morning. They got up to normal strength a little later so I let it go, but that wasn't really pleasant.

Yaaay, your measurements are absolutely perfect !! And now that you are so close to the end you can start thinking about how great recovery will be without having to worry about losing weight .

Awww, it sounds like Abby is gaining weight and running out of room !

I got worried about the softer movement and called the midwife. She assured me that as long as there was movement it doesn't matter how forceful they are. I'm not sure how comforting that is since it was such a drastic overnight change.

I just would be devastated to be one of those people that thought something was wrong and didn't do anything about it.

You did the right thing! I still think you will have a June baby lol